The X Factor Australia – The Judges Have To Commit To Their Top Six

If someone told Alytian Childs five years ago that he would one day make great reality TV, he would have thought they were on an hallucingenic substances. But tonight he veered from forgetting his lines (again), crying (alot), and basically showing what a potential train wreck he is. So this meant he was highly entertaining. Surprisingly he was put through to Ronan Keating’s top six, and still has the potential to make it through to the live shows.

Ukrainian Pop Princess, Yulyia Rai, was not so lucky, even though she had written the lyrics on her arms so she would not forget them.  I was a bit disappointed  her amusing personality could not pull her over the line. Tony Munnings was in, as was James McNally. It was a no brainer that Amanda Grafanakis would be there, and it was nice to see Olivia the single mum to stay in the competition. The final one to round out the six was Max Jahufer.

Natalie Imbruglia had a plethora of talent in the under 25 year old females group and it must have been hard to cull.

Nicole Cannaway who really has a delicious voice just lost it with her lyrics and there was no way you could risk going with her.

The high profile girls of Hayley Teal, India-Rose Madderam and Sally Chatfield were in. And the other three were Samantha Clark, Ashlee Bellchambers, and Alice McDermott.

In Guy Sebastian group, Rheeonya had  changed their names to Kharizma, as it “shows who we are”. Lucky for them their journey continues. Does anyone else think one the girls is a Paulini from Australian Idol lookalike?

Mahogany were another no-brainer for Guy’s top six, as was Lazy Jay & Big Guy.

I was happy to see Luke and Joel from Newcastle through even though they have been a bit schizophrenic in their performances.

The Real Sisters, and Jahmaking It Funky were also through.

Kyle Sandilands was having a difficult time deciding who to put through as most of them were tanking on their final songs. I think he set them the task of singing him his most hated songs, and making them try to get him to like it.

Brisbane’s answer to Michael Buble, Andrew Lawson, sailed into Kyle’s top six.

Throw in a few Beiber look likes Chris Doe and Darcy Callus, mixed with the 16 year old Mitchell Smith, and TJ Alcaniz, and you have a very young group. George Walter at 19 is the oldest of the lot.

It will be interesting to see how Kyle handles the next step of mentoring his six but he will have the help of Kelly Rowland in New York.

By the way these contestants cannot complain about where they are being sent. The groups to LA, the over 25’s to Dublin, the girls to Necker Island (Richard Branson’s Island), and the under 25 boys to New York.

1 Laura { 09.07.10 at 12:18 am }

I think some of the judges are going about this the wrong way! The public will vote for people they like and can relate to – not just people who can sing well. Ronan should have kept in the Ukrainian pop princess and Natalie should have kept the shipping container girl. Both of them would have been crowd favourites.

The front runners at the moment, for me, are Lazy J and Big Guy (Guy’s group); George (from Kyle’s group) and Sally (from Nat’s group).

2 Reality Raver { 09.07.10 at 12:25 am }

Laura – Agree with two out of three, not sure about George as a favourite, I would put more Adam Lawson as a fave.

3 Deneres { 09.07.10 at 1:40 am }

Definately agree with you Laura:)
I can see why people would like Mahogany but as individuals their voices dont WOW me. They can hold a tune but nothing like Sally, she was awesome. George was great the only one to sing that gospel song i wish they showed abit more tho. As for altiyan, i think he has gotten more than enough chances.. how many times do you have to forget the lyrics to get cut? And yes one of the girls from Reeonya or charisma does look exactly like paulini!! lol

4 Anonymous { 09.07.10 at 2:16 am }

I dont care about image and the perfect y gen idol.. but for once i would like to see real talent after a decade of paris talkin up reality tv with her bunch of fame hungry bitches I just want to see a real funkin voice and feel alive again, some one to inspire me, someone to make me feel real again and I thank youn james mcnally for showing me good old fashion talent and showing it raw without all of the fake drama tears that these shows feel they need or the contestants need when talent should be no 1

5 ePastorJames { 09.07.10 at 3:23 am }

Daniel was ROBBED from Kyle’s group. He went with a pack of Justin Beezlebubs! But I dunno about Andrew as a crowd favorite. He’s kind of lazy. I think Darcy is better, and hope George does well.

It was wrong to axe Yuliya. She was way better than Altiyan, but I look forward to his hot messes live.

Nicole was meh. Madison was meh, but had a good voice. Nothing wrong with this category, I suppose.

Lazy J & Big Guy are love. They better NOT be cut in favor of Jahmakin It Funky….Ugh.

6 skye { 09.07.10 at 12:20 pm }

I missed this last night – does anyone have a link to photos of who got into the 6? The names don’t mean much to me.

7 Reality Raver { 09.07.10 at 1:53 pm }

Skye – If I find some photos I will link them. In Ronan’s group have we actually seen Max Jahufer.

Deneres – I tend to think Mahogany will have a hard time capturing the viewers love as there is nothing really that original about them.

Anonymous – Looking forward to seeing more of James McNally .

epastorJames – Yuliya was fantastic, she just cracked me up

8 Anonymous { 09.07.10 at 2:21 pm }

Natalie was just jealous of the Ukranian chick’s ample booty, plus her lack of industry-prescribed sourpuss/botox features.

9 Deneres { 09.08.10 at 8:32 pm }

reality raver-
Exactly what i was thinking esp with the fact that guy seb keeps talkin about finding a group like destinys child. Mahogany will never compare, they are way over-rated. And the fact that they are in Guy sebs group… theres bound to be tension if they make it any further with people saying that the show is rigged. It probably is because after all ratings always come before talent.

10 All Black Fan { 09.22.10 at 5:27 pm }

Mahogany sing better than Kylie!! They are not overated. To set the record stragith Mahogany only back up voal’s for Guy Sebastion once! These girls can sing. And no that are not another Paulini, different culture, different tones. Best of luck to them they totally rock!!! So does Kharisma’s do us proud girls.