Four Weddings – Channel Seven Picked A Winner With This Series

What I cannot understand is how much weddings cost. A cheap wedding is deemed to be $20,000, call me unromantic but I would prefer to go on an overseas holiday.

Also what I cannot understand is why you would want to have a camera crew at your wedding. But lucky for Channel Seven there are brides willing to allow it as the Australian version of Four Weddings is compulsive viewing. The casting and editing is fantastic. Reg Grundy you are wrong reality TV does produce quality TV.

Kathryn who was having an arranged wedding had some negativity issues thought the pagan wedding  ” did not sound like a wedding to me at all… like a carnival.” I thought this was ironic considering she was having a Bollywood theme wedding.

Kayla the part time model and fulltime bogan is spending $50000 with $6000 spent on a meringue wedding dress. Personally I think she should have asked for her money back, and it also confirmed that Jordan was her idol.

Her wedding was the full enchilada including doves, fireworks, and a dress change. She did however turn up in a car and not a carriage.

I loved Nicole’s wedding vows. She had the pagan ceremony, the vows were heartfelt and original, and I seriously want her cape. Every guest had to bring a crystal and push it into the ground which I presume gave her good karma. Kayla whinged about it but I don’t know why she was grateful that she had a use for one of the many that were on wedding dress.

The other girls were less then impressed with all aspects of Nicole’s wedding, including that some of the guys wore make up. In the world of weddings fire dancing was thought to be weird, but highly choreographed bridal and groom dancers are not. However Nicole’s cause was not helped by the buffet servers breaking about five health and hygiene laws.

Jessica’s ceremony was lovely up on Hamilton Island. Also liked the relaxed vibe including what the grooms were wearing which were shorts, and thongs. The food seemed to be nice, and for dessert she had a lolly buffet which I thought was original. The criticism from the other three brides was the reception was  bit flat.

Kathryn’s wedding was a dry one, which I think was going to make it difficult for her to win the prize, particularly with her long entertainment program including drummer.

Kayla ended up winning the luxury honey moon in Fiji. In the two episodes I have seen of this show (I missed last weeks) the person who spent the most money won which I don’t find particularly satisfying, but maybe that won’t occur next week.

Four Weddings has cleverly moved the show from the Wednesday night time slot so it does not have to go head to head against The Block 2010 and Glee. It is up against the more blokey Top Gear so it will be a battle of the sexes when it comes to the remote on Tuesday nights now.

1 seepi { 09.22.10 at 10:09 am }

I was hoping you’d cover this show.

LAst week’s was fantastic, and was won by the cheapie wedding with pub reception, up against a mega expensive one with a 2000.00 cake (white chocolate moulded like a mansion.)

Best comment from last weeks was ‘it looks like she went to a bridal expo and chose one of everything.’

Great show – and fantastic casting.

2 MolksTVTalk { 09.22.10 at 10:11 am }

Four Weddings is a great example of what a network can do with very little money & deliver a reality show cast brilliantly & edited to perfection. I’ll bet it’s not costing Ch7 $25 million to prepare this, & I think it’s beating X Factor in the ratings too…

Love it. LOVE IT. I agree a move to Tuesday to replace the very poor Beat The Star is a great way to contain the love for Four Weddings – it would get lost against The Block (which will be spectacular) and Glee (personal favourite).

More psycho bitchy bogan brides, pls Ch7.

3 Kaylen { 09.22.10 at 11:33 am }

I haven’t watched this, but it’s hard to miss the ads.

Re: the Pagan ‘wedding’. I disliked how they advertised it as something wacky and wrong. I get the entertainment value; of course, but I think they probably pushed it in the wrong direction.

Learning curve for television, and in this case ch7, in regards to minority religions.

4 Georgia { 09.22.10 at 11:39 am }

I love this series. I missed the start of Kayla’s introduction…does anyone know where Kayla had her church ceremony and reception location? Thanks.

5 KC { 09.22.10 at 12:20 pm }

Yea last weeks was awesome cause the $5000 wedding won in which is was funner, sweeter and better than all the other weddings combined. The $80 000 + ended up being last because the entertainment was crap (the only good parts were free to the bride), the food was crap, the dress was crap and the contestants were always like, “I don’t know where she spent her money!”

6 Reality Raver { 09.22.10 at 12:38 pm }

Georgia – maybe someone from Melbourne will be able to help you out re: Kayla’s reception.

KC and Seepi – I wish I had seen last week’s episode now to check out the pub wedding.

Kaylen – I thought the Pagan wedding was interesting and some great symbolism in it. I thought the most interesting wedding, as well as Jessica’s because it was Hamilton Island that would have been fantastic.

MolksTVTalk – Well since you have seen the first ep of The Block you will be able to not have a recording clash.

7 skye { 09.22.10 at 12:58 pm }

To whoever asked, that reception was at Ascot House in Ascot Vale.
I was so glad they moved the timeslot so it wouldn’t clash with The Block (that is a sad reflection on my life). I thought the immaturity and lack of worldliness was definitely showing in the other brides in their low scoring on the pagan wedding. It looked quite fun and interesting to me. Must disagree about the thongs and shorts look, they looked a bit doofus-y to me – if they’d actually been on a beach, and the bride had been wearing something a bit less formal it would have worked though. The choreagraphed routine with fireworks and dry ice was hilarious, someone said “They were just so captivated with each other” but it did look as the (16 years older) groom was rather captivated with his bride, but she was looking rather more captivated with herself!

And yes the sweet and cute $5k pub wedding was the winner last week, so it’s not just the most expensive that win.

8 Reality Raver { 09.22.10 at 1:03 pm }

Skye – no reflection of your life but more a reflection on your good taste in TV….

I am not sure Kayla’s marriage will last but maybe he has money

9 Kaylen { 09.22.10 at 1:22 pm }

RR – I agree, Pagan ceremonies tend to be beautiful and rich with ritual and symbolism. I just had a problem with how they advertised the show around that, in a negative light.

10 Reality Raver { 09.22.10 at 1:24 pm }

Four Weddings commentary and advertising is similar to Come Dine With Me Australia, affectionately taking the piss out of them.

11 Georgia { 09.22.10 at 1:55 pm }

Thanks Skye for the reception info. :)

12 jess { 09.24.10 at 9:03 pm }

kaylas ceremony was at a church in south melb not sure of the name but father bob is the priest of it. beautiful church!

13 Alison { 09.26.10 at 6:58 pm }

Hi there
Can someone please tell me where Kayla got her headpiece? I love it and am trying to track this down for my wedding in Nov this year. Any help is appreciated !!! Thanks

14 jess { 09.26.10 at 7:13 pm }

alison -kayla said its from stephaine browne 1207 high st armadale :) you can contact kayla via four weddings fbook page :)

15 Alison { 09.28.10 at 9:50 pm }

Thanks heaps Jess

16 Carla { 12.29.11 at 11:37 pm }

Hey all,
Can someone please tell me the name of the song Kayla and her husband danced their choreographed routine to for their first dance?
Thanks :)

17 Jess { 12.30.11 at 8:49 am }

I think it was come what may from the moulin rouge soundtrack