Junior Masterchef – The Top Twenty
Sorry a belated post on the latest Junior Masterchef episode.
Again the 8-12 year olds showed they are better cooks then then Come Dine With Me contestants and thankfully not as lushy.
As discussed last week better they are also better then a few of the top 50 of the adult version of the show.
Just few thoughts on the show:
- The toned down real articulate Matt Preston is much better, then the dramatic Matt Preston we saw in Season 2 of Masterchef;
- The knife skills of these kids are amazing, did they come in with them or were they given a few lessons prior to filming?
- There appears to be no Jake type kid in this show, as yet I have not seen a knife injury or a burn, but then this might not be seen as being tasteful;
- With only 45 minutes to prep and cook I am impressed with some of the dishes, one kid made fresh pasta this week;
- They must have recipes secreted away somewhere as there is no way these kids could remember the measurement required could they?
- Also I am presuming for this first challenge they actually are given time to decide what they want to cook, as I doubt truffles or rabbits are typical pantry items on the show.
The show is good viewing once I start to watch it, but not something I need to watch straight away. It rated 1.75 million viewers losing over 400,000 from the previous week, however this is still fantastic ratings and great family entertainment.