American Idol – I Just Don’t Think I Can Watch It This Year

American Idol was always going to do  it tough with Simon Cowell leaving, but I have to confess I am completely underwhelmed about the replacements. In the worst kept secret in the entertainment industry it was announced recently that J-Lo, Steve Tyler and Randy Jackson would be the judges for the next season of the high rating show.

I have never found J-Lo to have much personality so I am not expecting much out of her, and really a nearly has been rocker – sorry American Idol I think you have lost a viewer.

Entertainment Weekly’s Idol guru Michael Slezak also has the same concerns I have.

1 Fiona { 09.24.10 at 10:41 am }

What happened to Kara – did she also leave/not have her contract renewed? I don’t like listening to Jennifer sing, never mind hearing her talk, I find her speaking voice incredibly irritating, so I will struggle to watch. I can always fast-forward or mute her comments though, like I did with Bonnie’s on SYTYCD. I hope the producers think JLo is worth all the money she demanded.

2 Reality Raver { 09.24.10 at 10:44 am }

Fiona – Kara’s contract was not renewed.

3 Culinary Boner { 09.24.10 at 3:28 pm }

Randy: “That was the bomb”
Steve: “I’ve got scarves and boots from 1970 that I still wear.”
J-Lo: “” And I love the idea of spending the whole day in bed with my lover.”
Randy: “Dawg pound, we got a hot one tonight”
Steve: “As you know, I’m androgynous. I can wear a jacket that most guys wouldn’t put on. But you make it in guys’ sizes, and suddenly they’re wearing them. I think styles should get back to getting people to wear things that look so good that they don’t care. ”
J-Lo: “I judge people on how they smell, not how they look.”
Steve: “If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.”
J-Lo: “It’s a shame to call somebody a ‘diva’ simply because they work harder than everybody else.”
Randy: “It fell out. She had to put it back in.”
J-Lo: “It’s turkey time. Gobble. Gobble”
Randy: “Dude, that was not good for me”

4 Jane { 09.24.10 at 5:14 pm }

Somebody’s got a little too much free time on their hands LOL

5 kelly { 09.26.10 at 3:23 pm }

Bahaha I’ll watch it for you!

6 bella vita { 09.26.10 at 8:26 pm }

CB…love it!!!

I think AI though America’s highest rating show needs a complete overhaul in terms of format also….i don’t think this lot of judges can do it any justice.
Personally would love to have seen someone like Lionel Ritchie, Liza Minelli, Britney, Christina or even Bret Michaels join the panel!

7 Injera { 09.27.10 at 11:59 am }

CB – gold!

Bret Michaels I could get behind, but not Steve Tyler. As for JLo… snore. This leaves Randy as the charisma on the panel which is unlikely to end well!

Still, I’ll watch because last year’s judging panel was three blandos and an already-checked-out Simon and I still watched that! (Just realised that I can’t remember who won last year… so clearly AI is an addiction for me.)

8 Reality Raver { 09.27.10 at 12:05 pm }

Good point who did win? the only person I can remember from teh last two years is Adam Lambert.

9 Kelly { 09.27.10 at 12:08 pm }

Lee dewyze won… slightly addicted… beat the hippy chick..

10 Injera { 09.27.10 at 12:09 pm }

Ha – that’s right, Kelly! Can’t picture him but it all came rushing back to me when you said that. Poor, poor Crystal Bowersox. She really should have won.