Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris Release Another Cookbook – Your Place or Mine

With impeccable timing Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris have released another cookbook called Your Place Or Mine. With them on our TV screens once a week, and soon to be twice a week, with the very popular Junior Masterchef the book is sure to race off the shelves.

Also the title of the book is very clever as this pair are sex symbols to the over 30 female demographic.

Above is a promo for the book film in George’s Hellenic Republic restaurant in Melbourne.

1 brain dead dave { 09.27.10 at 5:57 pm }

“Your Plaice Or Mine?”…..it’s got all the alaments,by George.

2 Injera { 09.27.10 at 8:51 pm }

I saw this in a bookshop but managed to convince myself I had imagined it. Seems it is real. Eeek.

3 Maz { 09.28.10 at 9:05 am }
4 rusty { 09.28.10 at 9:37 am }

“this pair are sex symbols to the over 30 female demographic”

Seriously, RR. Y0u don’t think we’re all that hard up, do you?

Either you’re in the under-30 and think over-30’s have no sex lives/taste/aspirations.

Or you’re in the 0ver-30’s and have given up, because you thought after 30 that was all you could aspire to?

Hopefully this is a sweeping generalisation you’ve made without thinking about the ramifications …

(Seriously, are they really regarded as “sex symbols”? I must be very out of touch).

5 brain dead dave { 09.28.10 at 2:19 pm }

George is a sick symbol.

6 reality raver { 09.28.10 at 2:55 pm }

Rusty – LMAO and feel suitably chastised. I am over 30 and must admit when Masterchef is on I think Gary is cute. But I think this is a touch of Stockholm Syndrome of watching him for 12 hours a week. As when the show finishes I don’t think that…

I suspect they could get groupies if they wanted to as chef’s are the new rock stars.

Brain Dead Dave – Too funny you are the king of the puns

Maz – thanks for the link I nearly choked on may latte when I saw they had got the cover of today’s Good Living.

Injera – I think they are making as much $$$ as possible while their profile is still high.

7 Michael { 02.25.11 at 8:40 pm }

Ummm they are not just sex symbols to the over 30 demographic – they have a large gay following