The X Factor – James McNally Is Gone

Well Alytian Childs definitely sacrificed a virgin to the reality TV Gods as he avoided the bottom two after his pretty poor performance of Kiss.

However by avoiding the bottom two, his teammates Amanda Grafanakis and James McNally were having to sing off to survive.

Ronan Keating hinted on The Xtra Factor that Kyle Sandiland’s has a huge influence on the voting public, as he thinks that he made negative comments about both James McNally and Amanda Grafanakis Β on Sunday’s show and this affected the number of votes they received.

Ronan who was clearly feeling the elimination thought he made a mistake making James McNally perform to girl “as there was no connection”. Now I wonder why he thought that….

I think the mistake was the song of Maggie May not the girl. It is monotonal the whole way through.

However I was sad to see James McNally go as he was one of The X Factor’s contestants with a personality.

The showdown between Tamara Jaber and Kyle did not eventuate, in fact I feel Β bit sorry for Scarlett Belle two good looking girls, with great bodies, but I am not sure the star quality is there.

1 Karla { 09.28.10 at 12:15 am }

Kyle was also slagging Amanda and James off on his radio show on Monday morning, he does seem to have made it all a bit personal. Really felt for poor Ronan to night, his acts are like his “babies” he actually seems to care a lot about them.

2 Glor { 09.28.10 at 2:01 am }

What an utter shame that James has gone. I am a lover of shows of this type but when the best singer in the group gets voted out it makes me think that the X factor is not looking for Australia’s most talented singer but the most popular one. That Alytian was voted higher than James leaves me speechless. I am so proud of the talent young Australians have and I hope the public. in future, will vote according to talent and not be influenced by media or adverse judges’ comments. Each singer to date has shown so much growth in their ability. They just need now the experience to cope with being in the limelight.

3 dmc { 09.28.10 at 8:29 am }

The voting skew on this is quite young, so these older singers really have no chance. Remember Toby from Australian Idol? He knew he would never win.

I wish Scarlet Belle had been in the bottom two. Or better still, bottom one.

4 Gillian { 09.28.10 at 9:32 am }

After all the enabling you have been doing on this site :-p, I decided to watch the show for the first time on Sunday. The pointed comments by the judges are more entertaining than the acts themselves. I haven’t watched the rest of the shows but I think James is really talented and has a Jimmy Barnesesqe voice.

I was amused by Tamara’s reply when asked who was the meaner judge that Todd McKenney had never been mean to her. I may be in the minority but I think she is very talented but unfortunately there are a lot of talented singers who for some reason or another just never make it despite all marketing and promotional support. I think she made a mistake in hooking up with Kyle. Maybe she loved him, maybe she did it to help her career but clearly it hasn’t.

Kyle is a relic from another era. He’s so bitter and toxic that I can’t bear to watch him anymore. I do think nice judges finish first in reality TV and the success of Masterchef was based simply on the fact that all three judges were likeable, had humility and really resonated with the viewers onscreen. The bitchiness simply isn’t very interesting. Shows like Australia’s Next Model are better without the nastiness displayed onscreen.

I agree with the last poster that the voting is really skewed towards the younger demographic so it’s very hard for an older contestant to win a show like this.

5 Lea { 09.28.10 at 11:31 am }

Totally agree – it’s the pre-teens voting with their mobiles so the older ones don’t have much of a chance. What a shame to see two great singers in the bottom two!

Kyle’s personal agenda is really off-putting – the whole thing is about him, not about the contestants or their talent. The fact that he even has a radio show and a listening public still astounds me.

I’d never seen or even heard Scarlet Belle before and somehow I doubt I’ll ever see them again… what does it say when the unknown contestants are better than the guest act?

6 Gillian { 09.28.10 at 11:36 am }

I’m sure you guys have seen this already but James posted an open letter to Kyle – http://au.tv.yahoo.com/x-factor/news/article/-/8017940/james-open-letter-to-kyle/

7 Jaime { 09.28.10 at 1:00 pm }

Oh whoa …. Just read the open letter. How appropriate! Kyle is extremely immature. Brings back memories of his attack on the Frenzal Rhomb boys are a little bit of heckling reduced Jackie O to tears. What a hypocrite!! Also can anyone let me in on what Amanda said in the media that upset Kyle? I think he needs to tone it down a bit!!

8 reality raver { 09.28.10 at 1:34 pm }

Jaime – here is link to what she said http://www.realityravings.com/2010/09/27/kyle-v-amanda-the-article-that-pissed-kyle-off/.

Gillian – thanks for the link. Interesting I thought Kyle was at his best in the auditions but then they can edit him. I think him voting for Amanda to go was based purely on personality not on talent.

Having said that I just don’t think Amanda is going to make – I think she is doing the best thing by showcasing her personality to try and get a job in TV or other media. Great voice but there is no hook to her.

A bit like Tamara Jaber great voice etc but I never really think I want to buy her music.

DMC – you are probably right about the younger people voting, however there are a few middle aged women ringing in to The Xtra Factor I wonder if they are voting.

Glor – I think it goes to show how important song choice is. I thought James had the potential to win the show.

Karla – Highly unprofessional of Kyle to use his show to bitch about the other contestants.

Lea – Actually good idea for a poll – who is voting on The X Factor. It is a pity you cannot vote online.

9 TB { 09.28.10 at 2:58 pm }

Quite surprised to see Natalie & Guy vote for Amanda to stay – were they doing that because James was more of a treat to their contestants? Very weird especially for Guy to say “based on tonight’s performance” – James was great, Amanda was nervous and all over the place with tone, phrasing, etc. Her voice is very mediocre and put-on imo.

I’ve never seen or heard of Scarlett Belle before, but I loved Reigan on Idol back in Damien Leith’s season. Definitely can’t say the same about her collaboration with Tamara…

10 TB { 09.28.10 at 2:59 pm }

Heh, treat. Spelling error! Threat.

11 Gillian { 09.28.10 at 3:17 pm }

@ TB: Do you have some backstage knowledge of the show that we don’t haha.

12 TB { 09.28.10 at 4:02 pm }

Gillian – lol, no. Just a trashy tv addict. πŸ˜‰

13 Gillian { 09.28.10 at 9:19 pm }

@TB: Awww … shucks, you make it sound like a bad thing!

14 AnonyMiss { 10.04.10 at 9:02 pm }

Caught a glimpse of James on today’s Deal or No Deal!

15 Reality Raver { 10.04.10 at 9:59 pm }

AnonyMiss – is that where reality stars get put out to pasture these days?

16 AnonyMiss { 10.04.10 at 10:46 pm }

I think it must be ;o). It’s funny when you get an occasional glimpse of someone you recognise, when they must be doing the rounds of TV shows! He had longer hair, about the same length as at the auditions.