Australia’s Next Top Model – Will This Year Be Remembered For The Wrong Reasons

Now we know why Jodhi Meares always carried a clip board, and never wanted to host the live Australia’s Next Top Model finale.

Tonight was what is technically know as a cock-up. Kelsey was told she had won Australia’s Next Top Model, the fireworks went off, the thank you speech was given, and then suddenly Sarah Murdoch had to actually announce it was Amanda who had won.

My recording cut off so will update post when I finally see the last bit, but some back stage person must be getting their arse kicked now.

This rates as one of the biggest stuff ups in reality TV history. If anyone can think of any others please tell me. I did feel sorry for all involved but could not stop laughing.

Also just an aside what the hell has happened to Elle Macpheson’s accent, it was like she was an alien.

1 jo { 09.28.10 at 11:13 pm }

I am DYING to see this on YouTUBE!!

2 Markie { 09.28.10 at 11:15 pm }

It was like when Bree got kicked out of Big Brother only to be put back in when they realised they evicted the wrong person!

3 Reality Raver { 09.28.10 at 11:21 pm }

Jo – Someone must be loading it up in 3 2 1…..

Markie – Holy shit that is hilarious as well.

4 Heléna { 09.28.10 at 11:22 pm }
5 Reality Raver { 09.28.10 at 11:22 pm }
6 donna buckley { 09.28.10 at 11:31 pm }

They have to do a recount of the voting if the result is that close.
Kelsey’s family should demand a recount. Kelsey should
have won.

7 donna buckley { 09.28.10 at 11:32 pm }

They have to do a recount if voting that result is that close.
Kelsey’s family should demand a recount. Kelsey should
have won.

8 Jaime { 09.28.10 at 11:44 pm }

Charlotte Dawson looked like a bloated train wreck!!!

9 Heléna { 09.28.10 at 11:48 pm }

@Jaime Alex Perry did not look much better – it was a bit sad really, they both look liked caricatures of themselves

10 Jaime { 09.28.10 at 11:56 pm }

What a Balls up!! Poor Kelsey! How could they get it so wrong?

11 Gillian { 09.29.10 at 12:03 am }

I can’t believe I switched the TV off and then deleted the next show ‘Bones’ off the IQ straight after Kelsey was announced as the winner! Thank goodness for YouTube & Amanda was my fave in the final three – yay!!! I didn’t like Kelsey throughout the series but it may have been bad editing because she was actually quite likeable during the show & I’m glad my fave out of the series Kathryn was given an impromptu prize by Alex Perry!

12 Sally { 09.29.10 at 12:43 am }

What an total stuff up!! The last good one on live TV was when Merlin on BB hid his “save the refugees” banner and masking tape and when he was evicted….placed the tape over his mouth and would not say a word…..now that was a prfessional effort by Gretal Killeen managing dead air!!!! Poor Kelsey – she so deserved the win! Guess that will be the end of the people voting….can’t elect a govt…can’t get ANTM winner right!!!!

13 Reality Raver { 09.29.10 at 12:56 am }

I think they kept the voting lines open too long should shut them 30 mins after the final commence to give time to sort out the winner.

14 Gillian { 09.29.10 at 9:18 am }

RR, I am in full agreement. They left the voting lines open too long. I have worked at one of these places before and it takes time to tally the votes and crosscheck if they are coming from different sources ie text message, phone votes and so forth.