Australia’s Next Top Model – The Post Show Media Frenzy

Well the media is going crazy for the Australia’s Next Top Model debacle this morning.

The Today show did well and got an interview with Harpers Bazaar editor Edwina McCann, who said Foxtel had wanted Amanda to win, and had extended the voting time. Also they said there were three votes in it.

Basically Edwina was not happy as it stuffed up getting their magazine to the publisher. So it will be interesting to see if Harpers sponsor the show next year.

Also she said she preferred Kelsey’s cover shot and thought it was more sellable. Anyway with all this coverage they can expect some great sales for the upcoming issue which will be out in about ten days.

Also Alex Perry was on Today FM saying that the mistake was not a publicity stunt.

Also I have been doing a few radio interviews here is one on the New FM 105.3, but also ABC radio was getting in on the reality TV action, and I was interviewed on 702. Finally my parents are proud of me. LOL.

UPDATE: Mumbrella have written that Foxtel are saying Sarah Murdoch read out the card wrong. Personally even by those quotes I feel it is still unclear. As who put the card there with the wrong name?

1 MolksTVTalk { 09.29.10 at 10:47 am }

Go you. Good work!

2 disgruntled punter { 09.29.10 at 11:24 am }

Jeez, did you even watch it? obviously not, as there was no card. It was fed to her via her earpiece.

3 Fontana { 09.29.10 at 12:21 pm }

SMH reporting Harpers to print both Kelsey and Amanda covers.

4 Angel86 { 09.29.10 at 4:41 pm }

Amid all the frenzy about the stuff-up, no-one has mentioned the stunning Alex Perry gowns that the final three wore. I loved the white and red ones. The black one wasn’t as much my style but still gorgeous.

5 Jaime { 09.29.10 at 5:10 pm }

I think a lot of people have been making comment that didn’t follow the show. If you watched the whole series and final episode you would know that it was not a set up. I get annoyed when people put there two cents in when they didn’t even watch it. Sarah Murdoch is a lovely lady and I just do not believe they would of done that to those girls on purpose.

6 mage { 09.29.10 at 7:33 pm }

That’s so humiliating. I feel the sorry for Kelsey although mistakes in declaring winners isn’t new one but the fact that having my success declared falsely is not a good feeling. Well such things happen on live airing so what the heck, go Kelsey you still rock!

buy ff14 gil

7 kelly { 09.29.10 at 8:32 pm }

I highly doubt that they would have MRS LACHLAN MURDOCH doing this type of embarrassing publicity stunt… Sarah is quiet a good host and takes her job seriously.. She must have been mortified at this mistake!

8 Susan { 09.29.10 at 10:21 pm }

That is soooo WRONG!!! That girl needs to sue them for emotional distress. Inexcusable!

9 scruffnkelsmum { 09.30.10 at 12:05 am }

for the record, I could see little to no difference in the covers for Amanda & Kelsey, but think Amanda definitely has more star power/ “it” factor.

that being said, whilst it was sad for Kelsey to have been falsely announced as the winner, I think it was just as hard for Amanda to have then been told,, no SORRY…it’s actually you who has won. talk about take the shine off the moment…

Bottom line is Kelsey has done amazingly well now out of coming 2nd. I do not think the covers should have been shared…..

10 Reality Raver { 09.30.10 at 9:00 am }

The plus side for both of them, the event received international coverage, this cannot be a negative thing.

11 Reality Raver { 09.30.10 at 3:31 pm }

Disgruntled punter – maybe I was not clear but I did not say I saw a card, I was quoting mumbrella who was quoting Sky New interview with the Foxtel dude.

Later info came out there was a card, and Sarah saw it had Amanda’s name on it. It is unclear whether they wrote it up quickly to try and get it to her when they knew the feed was down, which I think was the case as Sarah said in her Current Affair interview they had decided to rely on the feed only.