The X Factor – Kharizma Is Gone

Guy Sebastian would not be feeling very good about Mahogany and Kharizma being in the bottom two tonight, as he was away this week in New York and had been mentoring them over the phone. And did one of the girls shoot him a filthy look over the satellite feed?

In the end Kharizma was eliminated by Kyle, Ronan and Natalie voting for them to go. Guy passed the buck to Ronan who kindly gave the casting vote. But I think these judges need to toughen up, they are paid the big bucks to make these decisions.

Maybe Kyle Sandilands voted for Kharizma hoping Mahogany would blow him, like they had for Guy Sebastian. For those who did not watch the show Guy had a  slip of the tongue (no not in that way), and said Mahogany had blown him. What he had meant was blown him away performance wise. I actually think he blushed, anyway it just wasn’t his night.

I think the judges got it wrong. Mahogany are polished performers with good voices but I don’t see any growth in them. Whereas I think Kharizma has real star quality and great voices that with training would have been fantastic.

However the judges love Mahogany so they were put through. Seriously this show is going to be a farce if Mitchell Smith wins. He is hugely popular, but he does not have the voice.

Who do you think should have gone?

1 Karla { 10.04.10 at 11:30 pm }

Mitchel should have gone, as you say he has no voice, but he looks cute so with the teen vote backing him I’m sure he has the best chance to win. Its a shame really as it will spoil the contests if we loose the stronger acts.

2 bella vita { 10.05.10 at 12:30 am }

Mitchell is pathetic…should never have been in the finals to start with.

Mahogany dont do it for me (and i dont mean that literally after tonight’s blunder!!) I have nothing against anyone that is a strong believer of religion…however it always seem to me that the ones that are are fairly bland performers as seen with Paulini and many others…

Notable comment in Tv Week this week…after being 2 very separate groups in the house…the God’s and the others.

Girl groups have had their day….they have never been big in Australia unless they have the fresh faced Aussie look. Mahogany would be better trying their luck in the States, but I suspect the reason they havent is due to their strong family religious ties here.

I like the Kharisma girls…genuine triers and good voices…though again lacking any sort of polish..however do think they would have progressed better.
Personally I can see Kharisma teaming up with Justice Crew from AGT for some shows.

3 Sally { 10.05.10 at 7:47 am }

I don’t think either group should have been the bottom two, but with viewers allowed to vote, this is the kind of thing that happens. There are a lot worse than these girl groups and one of those worse acts will probably win the show. I think the idea that Christians are bland acts is a crock though. That was obviously not spoken by anyone who’s seen a live Guy Sebastian show lately. lol. Kharizma were bad in the sing for your life song. One of them even said on Xtra Factor that it was pitchy.

4 Lea { 10.05.10 at 10:30 am }

Of the two groups in the bottom, I think the judges made the right choice, but the voters made the wrong one putting them there in the first place.

If Mitchell continues to move safely through the eliminations I’ll have to stop watching because it’s increasingly evident with every performance that he’s not up to par. I wonder how much of it is due to Kyle S’s radio show? I don’t listen to it but I imagine that his listeners are in the voting demographic.

Speaking of Kyle, I think I’m slow off the mark in picking up his shtick. He increases his power by withholding his approval, making everyone strive the harder for it. So when he pronounces that he likes something, people are ready to kiss him. He occasionally points out an obvious truth, which makes people think he knows what he’s talking about, but he does it in a mean way to show who’s boss.

I agree with Sally that the whole religious/non-religious thing is a load of media crap. How hot was Mahogony’s version of Lady Marmalade? That’s not exactly church choir stuff. And remember, Katie Perry, Whitney Houston, Beyonce and dozens of other very commercially successful singers came from a church background, so it’s not a disadvantage.

5 Jaime { 10.05.10 at 2:15 pm }

Kharizma were and are way more exciting than Mahogany and I think that it is a massive conflict of interest that they have previously supported Guy Sebastian! I agree that they are not really suited to the Australian market. Also, does anyone know anything more on the rift that developed between the Kharizma girls?

6 Culinary Boner { 10.05.10 at 4:07 pm }

As you point out Raver, obviously these gurls didn’t suck as hard as Mahogany – well, at least not in accordance with Guy’s personal requirements. In the words of the immortal Butthead (soon to be back on MTV): “Hey Beavis, we need a chick that doesn’t suck. No, wait a minute, that’s not what I mean.”

7 brain dead dave { 10.05.10 at 9:23 pm }

Guy taught Mahogany how to ” lip sync”…and “own it”….

8 Carlo Callea { 10.06.10 at 3:59 pm }

As a voice coach in a family of singers. I was amazed that Mitchell was even put through based on his audition. The boy can’t sing. He has no depth or projection. We were at the Melbourne auditions and heard 100 sixteen year old boys sing far better than Mitchell. Kyle is always saying how cute he is and winking at him… maybe there’s more than meets the eye hahaha !