Four Weddings – No Real Scrags This Week

I thought Kerry with her all pink obsession was going to be a complete nutjob, however I quite liked her. Tonight there was no real snarky bride but they were critical but that could just be the editing.

Just a few comments on the weddings to night:

• Alice’s $8000 wedding was a mystery, as where did all the money go. It was not spent on booze, dress or food?
  • Stephanie’s did actually look like fun, so I was glad she won, however I thought she was clasping at straws when she was criticising Yvette’s food for the chicken being to big. Also Stephanie what happened to you cake?
  • Yvette’s $6000 second hand Vera Wang dress looked lovely, and she get points for best line of the show by calling Kerry’s dress a mullet. The pink dress was a bit like dress ups, but she liked it. I did like Kerry’s grooms entrance.

I would have been happy with any of them winning, well except Alice, as she did a cardinal sin of having no booze at the reception.

1 matt ragless { 10.05.10 at 10:22 pm }

As the Groom (matt) of Alice, i can tell you (being the groom of Alice) that we spent:
$2000 on cars
$200 Wedding Dress
$600 Suit Hire
$2500 Reception
$350 Cake
$500 Church
$50 Music Hire
$550 (Drink tab)
$400 Flowers
$500 make up

That puts us around $8000 i think.

2 Reality Raver { 10.05.10 at 10:25 pm }

Matt Ragless – thanks for clarifying, but I have to ask why would you spend 25% of your wedding budget on cars?

3 marina { 10.05.10 at 10:38 pm }

what was the brand of stephanies dress?

4 matt ragless { 10.05.10 at 10:59 pm }

no worries. Also i forgot to indicate we spent around $200 on having the cake cut (yes, that is one dam expensive cake cutter). it was a car package, which included 2x Mustangs which we had for the whole day. After the reception, they drove us up to a cottage in the Adelaide Hills where we stayed overnight. They then dropped us back home the next morning. Mustangs are our favourite cars, and compared to other hire companies it wasn’t too bad really. in the end, we basically wanted a wedding that related to us (casual, relaxed and enjoy company of friends and family). We didn’t want anything over the top. A lot of what was shown was extremely out of context. We actually offered far more than meat pies too.

5 matt ragless { 10.05.10 at 11:02 pm }

also, we didnt have a budget as such, we just wanted to keep it simple. it just ended up adding up to around the $8000 mark (minus honeymoon cost).

6 seepi { 10.06.10 at 10:20 am }

Alice’s wedding did have wine/beer, the girls just wanted other drinks paid for as well.

I have to admit, the cost of even the cheaper weddings is pretty scary. I guess venue hire is a biggie.

The winner’s wedding looked like great fun, but for 40 thousand, she could have just trimmed the budget a bit, and then paid for a week on honeymoon in Bora Bora.

This was the final of this show – so sad – I loved it. Although I do wonder if an external judge might even out the scores a bit. Or just a ranking system, so each bride ranks the other weddings 1, 2 or 3. How it is now, if you give everyone else minimal scores it helps your own chances.

7 jess { 10.06.10 at 11:06 am }

it all adds up doesnt it! thats a lot for make up i think too. As soon as you say ‘wedding’ they charge you more! Ours was 20-25k but the reception was 10k just for the meal/drinks not inc decs,cake,lolly buffet,music ect. They made alice look mean/attitudy and even i thought wow shes a cow but its all editing makes it entertaining thats for sure. Each wedding in the whole show had good bits and bad bits and it was part of a ‘storyline’ how it was edited/portrayed. Like ive said elsewhere before it was each brides dream day and everyones idea of a ‘dream wedding’ is different thats all :)

8 matt ragless { 10.06.10 at 12:13 pm }

For sure. we origionally obtained a quote for ‘a function’ which was far less then hen we chnaged thewording to ‘wedding’. And yeah, there was alcohol there. it wasnt a dry zone, we just didnt want to have a tab for it. plus it was a sunday, so people would of worked the enxt day. i they wanted to drink, they were more than welcome to. Alos, in addition to the costs above, we slabbed another $1000 for photos. worth it though.

9 Reality Raver { 10.06.10 at 1:30 pm }

Matt Ragless – To be honest if I was getting married I would be doing more on your budget then the $40,000 one. I just cannot get over how much weddings cost.

Jess – btw I loved your lolly buffet

Seepi – the editing of the show is tricky. I agree with you about the scoring. I would like there to be some equation where the amount spent was taken into account. For every $10,000 you spend a certain five points should be deducted.
Of course a seafood buffet is going to score more points then a cheaper reception.

10 Wurstsemmel { 10.06.10 at 2:21 pm }

Last one? Shame, I enjoyed this.

I agree with RR though. You aren’t really comparing apples with apples when there’s such variation in budgets. $40K, and wasn’t it even higher in a previous week, is scary. All nice weddings but I have to say Stephanie had the most beautiful location.

11 skye { 10.07.10 at 4:55 pm }

I would just like to point out (as a former Gold Coast resident) that Yvette’s “Old School Elegance” reception was held at Lauxes Broadbeach, a pick-up joint for the more mature set, just off the highway. Just try saying “Lauxes” backward and see what you get…not old school elegance, that’s for sure!

12 Linda { 10.08.10 at 12:14 am }

Does anyone know the brand of Yvette’s orange dress, that she wore to Stephanie’s wedding?

13 kimbo { 10.08.10 at 9:38 pm }

i loved yvettes wedding i thought she should have won personally !
and yes that dress of hers was AMAZING.. it stole the show

SKYE..: who cares what the venue is spelt backwards… her wedding was classy in every way … i think you are a PRUDE !
i have dined at that venue many of times and i sure didnt go there to pick up !

as for the meat pie wedding i thought that was rather ‘ODD’ and to have a reception only for 3 hrs ..you should have saved your money and gone to vegas if you wanted a quickie “no frills” wedding
i didnt like the way plain jane Alice looked up and down at the other brides thinking she was better than them…jealousy is a curse !i am very glad she didnt win

and as for pinky i liked how she made out yvette was playing the game cause she found out she was pregnant LOL like she could have pulled that out at the last minute to try win points….
have another wine pinky LOL i knoticed she was getting tanked at every opportunity at each wedding the other night ! hasha

stephanies wedding isnt what i would expect for that amount of money ….i wasnt a fan of the long tables at the reception and i think she had WAY too much entertainment going on ..

14 Bella White { 10.09.10 at 1:27 pm }

It seems that Kerry from episode 5 of four weddings Australia is not only a sore looser but just a darn right nasty person. Look what I found on her facebook page. I loved watching the series and found Yvette from episode 5 to be the nicest of the bunch. Not only was she very gracious when she didn’t win and seemed genuinely happy for the couple that did all of her comments were constructive and not personal. She was the only one who injected a bit of comedy into the show, I loved the ‘Mullet’ comment, I mean come on, short in the front and long in back is great, if your in a gunners film clip for november rain! It looks like Yvette never had a chance with the other girls Stephanie and Kerry ‘ready to jump her’ and wanting to ‘punch her face in’ when Yvette’s husband announced they were happily expecting their first baby. As for the’ shot gun wedding’ comment. Do the maths ladies, Yvette wasn’t even showing, meaning she couldn’t have been more than a few moths along. They were engaged 9 moths prior, meaning they were well into their wedding planning when they got the happy news. Kerry’s very comment on admitting she was a bitch at Yvette’s wedding proves the scoring system is flawed and makes me wish even more that Yvette had won.

PinKcess Vella Omg they took a few comments out of context! I didn’t see Yvette as a threat, hated the bitch haha Omg I was awesome aaaaahahaha I couldn’t stop laughing!

Simone Evans Hey Kez, I heard that too, it just shows they don’t know you and Dave. Hey but at least your wedding wasn’t a shot gun wedding like hers!!!! I bet she doesn’t bring up that she is PREGNANT!
04 October at 07:35
PinKcess Vella ahahahaha no I said it while I was at the wedding as I wanted to punch her face in! hahaha after that she had to “announce it” to all her guests. She was such a mole…..Stephanie and I were ready to jump her! hahaha I was a bitch at her wedding so ain’t I glad now! hahahahahhahaaha
04 October at 07:39
Melissa Trickey U havent changed lol. Your wedding was so awsome i loved it. I did not like that yvette chic at all . Up her self slag. You go girl pink rocks
05 October at 20:48
PinKcess Vella aaaaaaaaaahahahahaha well I was just me! I couldnt stop laughing!!!! I hated Yvette.
05 October at 21:06
Kellie Swift LOVED ur car!! N ur dad has not changed a bit!! Glad u enjoyed ur day, looked like heaps of FUN!!! (really glad Yvette did not win – bitch!! Didn’t have a nice thing to say about anything!)
05 October at 21:36
PinKcess Vella oh no it will only be what we saw last night :(:( but I cant wait to see it again…fast forwarding everytime Yvette comes on! hahaha
Wednesday at 21:14

15 kimbo { 10.09.10 at 2:09 pm }

wow what a NASTY BITCH !!!
she is even worse off camera !
Jealousy is a curse ..and it just goes to show doesnt it
why would she want to punch her in the face just cause she found out she was pregnant ?
kerry obviously has no morals and no class about her !
it makes me sick to think there are people out there like her
what is this world coming too !

have another wine kerry – you drunk nasty bitch !!

yvette wasnt even nasty she complimented everyone on different things..there were no attacks from her about the other brides unlike the rest of them ….

16 skye { 10.12.10 at 10:32 am }

kimbo – Are you Yvette? Or her mum, maybe?

Ducks, and waits for unleashing of crazy invective.

17 kimbo { 10.21.10 at 7:30 pm }

No skye, sorry to dissapoint you i am not yvette or related to yvette in any way :)

i am friends with the owners of lauxes though and find it offensive when people bag my friends out !
I and alot of my friends go there to dine or hanve a drink ..not to go pick up as you posted !

18 tv watcher { 01.11.12 at 8:42 pm }

i think alice seemed to be very critical of the other weddings compared to the other brides. and i think for their budget party pies were tacky and they could have chosen something nicer such as cakes and sandwiches.

19 tv watcher { 01.11.12 at 8:52 pm }

and i loved kerrie’s dress but im glad stephanie won.but overall, good job to all the brides :)

20 Matt (groom of ALice) { 01.12.12 at 11:16 am }

i recieved an email indciating comments had been made based on our episode being repeated last night. Funny stuff. Re TV watcher. what you have to realise is this show was edited to make it look that way. what you didnt see is that 1) we serves alcohol, 2) we had music, 3) we had cake-includign a wedding cake and 4) a range of other finger food. BUt as you know, relaitiy tv is what it is thus our wedding was about as dumbed down as you could get. Plus we spent more on our wedding then what was said on the show. that was for ‘entertainment’ purposes.

21 tv watcher { 01.12.12 at 11:47 am }

thats cool matt as long as you had fun i just like the show for some trash at night to wind down with :)