Survivor Nicaragua – Episode 3 – Alpha Males Take Out An Alpha Male

It has been awhile since we have have had a female villain on Survivor, but Naonka a PE Teacher from the ‘hood, is definitely shaping up for the role.

She got into a  scrag fight with one legged Kelly B over the fruit basket which had the immunity idol clue and was proud of it. Chances of Naonka being voted fan favourite are low. Also as Naonka is obsessed with Kelly. She said she would shove her hard enough for her leg to fall off.

She also didn’t like Fabio. Fabio was having his own issues about not wanting to be kept in because he was funny, he wanted to be kept in for his “mentality”. I thought the whole point of Survivor was just to be kept in.

After the oldies lost the immunity challenge again and Marty wanted Jimmy J out.

Jimmy T thought his skills were being undervalued, and he sided with Marty. Both of these guys are having ego issues and want to be the alpha male in the group. Marty whined “With Jimmy out they will have to turn to me”.

I thought Jill was being very passive with Marty and I don’t know if it will work out for her in the end.

In the end in a tame tribal council Jimmy J was eliminated.

Here is Jeff Probst blog on the episode where he reveals he goes to a therapist, I hope it is not true.

Also an exit interview with Jimmy on Buddy TV, and another interview at Fancast.

1 Duke Nukem { 10.06.10 at 12:34 pm }

No dull moments in this season!
While it’s intriguing to know what goes on in Jeff’s head and what he really thinks, I feel uneasy about him revealing his negative personal feelings towards individual contestants.

In previous series he came across as unbiased and genuinely pleased to watch the game unfold in unexpected ways.

2 Reality Raver { 10.06.10 at 1:46 pm }

Duke Nukem – I agree I have not seen Jeff be so impartial. But he is writing these blogs some time after the season has been filmed, but before the live finale.

The one thing about Survivor is that everyone on the over 40’s tribe voted the same way, which is smart as there is still no huge alliance going on. The split must come soon though.

3 Suzanne { 10.06.10 at 1:55 pm }

I don’t quite get why Marty didn’t want Dan(?), the old guy who is not keeping up physically out first, as a weaker person, rather than Coach. And why did everyone seemingly blindly follow his lead in voting out Coach?
Marty seems to think only he knows how to play the game, but I thought Jeff’s comment to him along the lines of “if no-one else is playing the game, I wouldn’t be reminding them of that” was gold.
I hope that Jill knows what she is doing. I had high hopes for her, but her wishy-washy following of Marty made me think that she is either running (playing) rings around him, or has absolutely no idea. I loved how she was the one to tell Marty to tell everyone else about the idol (that she found in the first place) and how he takes all the glory for it.
My oldie favourites: Tyrone & Jill
As for Naonka – is she really that vile? I think she would have pushed anyone out of the way to get the idol clue, but to then boast about knocking a one-legged person down – pure class! Fabio is cracking me up – I was wondering if his stupid stoner surfie thing was just an act and then realised, no, it wasn’t. But definitely keep him in as entertainment value.
Favourite youngies: Kelly B & Alina(?) – but for no good reason I think they’re days are numbered.

And why did they even bother with fancy sounding tribal names when even Jeff calls them “older team” & “younger team”??

4 Wurstsemmel { 10.06.10 at 2:14 pm }

I actually liked reading Jeff’s blog. He seems to be asking a lot more loaded questions at tribal council this year and it’s making for interesting viewing.

Seeing a therapist? You hope not? Sounded to me like a joke but, if not, what’s the big deal?

5 Culinary Boner { 10.06.10 at 4:39 pm }

What’s wrong with Probsty seeking relief with a (massage) therapist?

6 Reality Raver { 10.06.10 at 10:51 pm }

Wurstsemmel – I was being a bit tongue in cheek. Probst lives in NYC and I just thought oh god he has turned into one of those new yorkers that goes to his therapist to discuss whether he should order Thai or Chinese for dinner.
I have watched too many Woody Allen films. As you would know Woody has had a therapist for years and I wonder if he discussed the appropriateness of racing off his girlfriends adopted daughter.

Suzanne – maybe Jill thinks that if Marty has the Idol he will become the target. I really hope she is turning Marty into her puppet. Naonka cannot last.

CB – *rolls eyes*

7 Wurstsemmel { 10.07.10 at 8:00 am }

RR, ah, sorry, lost in translation!

8 Annon { 10.07.10 at 11:12 am }

Naonka is a lunatic

9 Culinary Boner { 10.08.10 at 5:39 pm }

Jimmy apparently owns a restaurant called Three Rings. Named after the championships he’d won in the NFL (2 I think in the 90s with Dallas) plus 1 in the College comp. Unlike the average unlikable scrots and slappers on this show, at least he had a track record of career achievement.

10 sourkraut { 10.14.10 at 1:38 pm }

After seeing jiffy jeffy the therapist would need to see a therapist
Suzanne, re jiffy and the team names he probably cant remember or pronounce them.

The show has now become a farce with moonitty idles being found in wheaties packets (bit like HR degrees)

11 Les Roewe { 10.27.10 at 5:20 pm }

Dread the charity case! Pitiful…