The Amazing Race – London to Ghana

Normally The Amazing Race plus an African destination means reality TV gold, but tonight I thought the episode was a bit ho-hum.

All the teams flew together from London to Accra, Ghana so they were all in the race this leg.

Again this week I felt sorry for Gary and Mallory who two weeks in a row have had some bad luck with transport, this week was a broken down taxi, last leg of the race a flat tyre.

First was the roadblock where they had to sell sunglasses at the markets. Now in these challenges you need to put your blond female team mate in, as they attract far more attention. The home shopping girl and the Mallory sold it fast to the younger homeboy guys. HOwever the anomaly of this theory was Jill who took a long time to make her money.

“Give me a sales challenge, bring it on,” says the homeshopping team, deluding herself that it was her sales ability that made them come out of the roadblock first.

Next was the detour with the choice between fixing an aerial to a roof, or lugging assorted coffins around. Neither of the challenges presented many problems so most people stayed in the order they got there in. So not a lot of suspense.

However we did get to see more of the teams, and the Glee team and the girl doctors look like they are a lot of fun.

The Homeshopping girls game in first, and Andie and Jenna were eliminated.

With the all girl teams taking out first and second place this could be the first season an all girl team wins.

Here is an elimination interviews with Andie from Reality Wanted and Buddy TV where she says it was a bad taxi drivers who stuffed the race for them.

1 Wurstsemmel { 10.08.10 at 8:19 am }

After a ripping start last week, it was a bit of a yawn this week. Surely, they could come up with more interesting challenges in Ghana?

I was sad to see the birth mother-daughter pair go so early.

2 Culinary Boner { 10.08.10 at 10:46 am }

Agree with you Wurstsemmel, the challenges were really lame. Ghana is famous for football (soccer for the ignorant) and has strong traditions in drumming and dance. One of those dance/rhythm challenges that separates the ‘ nerdy uncos’ from those with ‘smooth moves’ would have added some comedic value for this episode. Alternatively, a football challenge featuring fit young Ghanan dudes stripped to the waist would have got both the soccer mums and gay boys watching this all hotn’bothered. For us straight guys, Amazing Race needs to get the luscious Amanda from Survivor on the show (with a very carefully selected wardrobe, of course).

3 Reality Raver { 10.08.10 at 12:50 pm }

Wurstsemmel – I hope this is the low point of the season as I like challenges where it is possible for people at the back of the pack to move up.

Culinary BOner – Maybe there needs to be a team of Amanda and Parvati

4 Suzanne { 10.08.10 at 1:36 pm }

I was glad to see the mother/ daughter team leave. They were too strange for me. I cannot imagine wanting to reconnect with my adopted out daughter with 1- the pressure of Amazing Race and 2- cameras invading our every move. Why can’t they get to know each other in a less stressful circumstance – like a family Christmas get-together ;-).

5 Culinary Boner { 10.08.10 at 3:09 pm }

Raver, an Amanda/Parvati team would kick arse. They’d have blokes the world over carrying their stuff and chucking in their job and leaving their families in the lurch to spend the day directing the A-P team around. Amanda would bat her doe eyes and Parvati would smile knowingly at the guys whilst making sure they saw her surveying their crotch. The spell would be cast. Phil would, of course, be well aware of what’s going down and would reserve his best bemused smirk and eyebrow lift for when the girls hit the mat in first place, jugs a jigglin’, teeth a flashin’. Better stop now before I ruin meself for Mrs Boner.

6 sourkraut { 10.11.10 at 1:20 pm }

Go You Little Blonde Beauties!!!!!!!!
And lots of “half blonde teams.” I might have to watch for a while more
Boner
That is the most revolting idea I have ever heard. besides I ran out of ammo for the HD JW ATV D during the last season of survivor. The only thing worse would be if they combined sandra duz whine with perverti