The X Factor – Amanda Knew She Was Walking The Plank

What is the point of having the bottom two performing if the their vocal performance is not taken into account? I do think India Rose-Madderom does have more potential to make a career out of music, but her vocal’s were sub par, compared to Amanda Grafanakis’s vocals which were pretty spot on and much stronger.

Amanda knew she was walking the plank as soon as she was up against India in the bottom two, as she is a producer’s favourite. Also the judges were probably hoping to retain their contracts for next season so were not going to send the blonde bombshell home.

I thought Kyle Sandilands was pervy towards her tonight, and it was creepy, there is a 20 year age gap. Down boy.

In the other unfair thing tonight was Mitchell Smith dodging the bottom two. His vocals are by far the weakest in the competition but he continues to sail through. I don’t think he is going to win as when it gets to the pointy end there will be the Mitchell fans, then there will be the anyone but Mitchell fans. He doesn’t have to worry he will have a career past The X Factor.

In good news for the show it rated over 1.2 million so it is starting to find an audience, but if they will stick once Junior Masterchef starts up again will be interesting.

Also on a sad day for Ronan, it was one year since his former bandmate died, there was some good news for him on the horizon as news reports that he has reconciled with his wife. (Source: News of the World)

UPDATE:

Ronan also thinks that there should not be a sing off if it is not taken into account. Kyle admitted that he had made up his mind prior to them singing.

Though points to Kyle for knowing his job is to eliminate someone and does not prevaricate.

1 Heléna { 10.11.10 at 10:04 pm }

Amanda performs really well in the final 2, it’s a shame she could not bring that to her weekly performances – I thought India-Rose was woeful and should have gone home based on the bottom two performace but agree that she is the more saleable performer

2 Darna. { 10.11.10 at 10:10 pm }

I was rather displeased that Amanda has gone home. Really, she had it all. She has the voice, the moves, the personality that sells internationally…Although India-Rose has a lovely voice, she’s no Amanda. Really, if we take into account who has the ‘x factor’, it’s obvious who should have gone home tonight.

3 Reality Raver { 10.11.10 at 10:32 pm }

Helena agree India-Rose was woeful. I wonder who would have gone if Guy had thrown his vote to Amanda, and it would have been the person with lowest viewer vote to go.

Darna – I think Amanda will have a media career after this.

4 Izobel2 { 10.12.10 at 8:45 am }

I thought the highlight was the new Boyzone song.
And agree, India-Rose should’ve gone.

5 Lea { 10.12.10 at 10:15 am }

Yup, I’m in agreement – India-Rose should’ve gone b/c Amanda definitely has the stronger vocals and a more unique personality, not bland generica. Kudos to Amanda for being so gracious about exiting.

RR – totally agree – what is the point of a sing-off when the conclusion is foregone? The judges weren’t voting on performance, but on favourites.

I give no points to Kyle for not prevaricating b/c he’s not doing his job, he’s going by personal favourites

6 Liana { 10.12.10 at 10:59 am }

I think its an absolute joke that Amanda got sent home. Why do they bother having a sing off if they don’t vote by their performances. Woeful alright.

7 Kaylen { 10.12.10 at 11:22 am }

Speechless.

Okay, no I’m not. India-Rose was crap, pitchy, shaky and just all-round BAD.

Amanda made my glasses fog up.

It should be based on the last performance. Kyle’s reasoning on who he would invest money in was crap – a copycat who is like everyone else, or someone unique who is kooky and would gather a following?

Forgone conclusion for me.

Disappointed.

The only one left in the competition worth my attention is Sally.

Crap.

8 Reality Raver { 10.12.10 at 12:04 pm }

Lea – I agree he should not have made up his mind previously, but at least he doesn’t do the “this is really hard having to eliminate someone” like the others do. They get paid the big bucks to eliminate someone this week and should do it without moaning about it.

9 seepi { 10.12.10 at 1:37 pm }

Kyle started out sayiing something sleazy about India Rose during his speil about who he was eliminating, then caught himself. I wish I could remember it. It was like ‘India Rose, you have a stupendous…… persona…’ or something – I’m sure he was about to comment on her sex appeal and stopped himself just in time.

Kyle is sleazy as, and I’m sure that’s why they made him mentor the young boys, so as to avoid his sleazy remarks.

10 Reality Raver { 10.12.10 at 2:17 pm }

Seepi – it was disgusting also looked like he was just about to lick his lips. However India-Rose looked like she was about to hurl.

11 Patricia { 10.12.10 at 4:24 pm }

I won’t be watching XFactor after tonight, the voting meathods are rediclous, Amanda should not have gone home. I would like to see the voting changed to Vote off the contestants you think should not be there. And the sing off be, judged as a stand alone event.

12 Karla { 10.12.10 at 8:45 pm }

Partrica, if you voted for the act you want off then Altiyan would have gone in the first week because he was so unpopular and we would never have seen him grow and grow each week.

13 Harlin { 10.15.10 at 11:42 pm }

Amanda was by far the superior vocalist and performer.

The viewers have been conned by this sham of a judging panel.

AGREE = WHY HAVE A SING OFF AT THE END OF THE SHOW IF THE JUDGES HAVE ALREADY MADE UP THEIR MINDS.

India Rose was flat and shaky and she got through??

Amanda was brilliant and by far the better performer on all counts.