Masterchef – Adam Liaw Turns Down TV Show

mc-wbhl.jpg

Masterchef Australia winner Adam Liaw has apparently turned down offers for his own TV show according to TV WEEK magazine.

The articles states Adam is not in the fame game and that is why he rejected offers for his own TV show.

Busy working on his first cookbook, Two Asian Kitchens, Adam reveals his feet still haven’t hit the ground.

“I don’t have a base – I’m spending next month in a hotel in Sydney,” the 32 year old says. “It’s been crazy!”

In other Masterchef alumni news Claire Winton Burn looks like she is trying to get an endorsement from PETA with this article in the SMH about eating baby animals.

UPDATE: Adam Liaw will be cooking at a sustainability fair this weekend in Brisbane with Sharnee more details here.

1 Culinary Boner { 10.14.10 at 11:49 am }

Re-Claire & PETA. What with Claire’s hang-dog simpering perhaps PETA could forge a useful collaboration that takes their publicity away from now hackneyed nubile tits and bums (smeared with fake blood, of course) to a teary-eyed Claire exhorting us to forgo the carno pleasure of hoeing into lamb and veal. While it won’t get the same level of coverage on news.com, it might work a treat on the guilt-ridden types out there who can’t resist furry big-eyed animals (but ironically wouldn’t think twice about exterminating your run-of-the-mill ugly critter). Afterall, Claire reminds me of one of those poor innocent forest creatures Disney does so well.

2 Anonymous { 10.14.10 at 12:02 pm }

Ah, Claire how I’ve missed you. You have pretty much faded into irrelevance but leave it to you to “gambol” back into our lives with an attention-seeking article timed almost perfectly to coincide with the release of Chris B’s book on beast eating (on 25 October)? I see you don’t have any endorsements and outside of writing an occassional piece in The Age have not made very much out of the excruciating Masterchef drama you put Australia through. But I sense it is not for lack of trying is it Claire? Based on the thick, ancient and try-hard language you use in this piece I sense you might be regretting leaving your high-paid legal career. But after the way you trashed your profession, embarassed your employer and revealed to the world how you get on with colleagues, it might be a wee difficult to return to your former life, too. Poor little lamb.

3 Haters to the left { 10.14.10 at 12:10 pm }

Oh anonymous. It’s been months since masterchef was on tv – why are you so hung up on hating Claire, still? Get over it. I know Claire – she’s a great lady. Seeing your pathetic bile pop up even now makes me sick to my stomache. If you don’t like her, don’t read her column. It really is as easy as that. So please, go obsess over something else. Maybe you can find someone on X Factor to prey on.

4 Anonymous { 10.14.10 at 12:12 pm }

Actually, HTTL I place myself centre-right. A social liberal and economic conservative. :-)

5 Anonymous { 10.14.10 at 12:15 pm }

Hee. Read the comments in response to Claire’s article. I am not the only one who finds Claire’s re-emergence in our lives as welcome as nails on a chalkboard.

Love this comment from “Ranga”:
“She could have written this article in 2 paragraphs, instead it’s like she used shift +F7 on every word. She is so irritating.”

6 Reality Raver { 10.14.10 at 12:37 pm }

Maybe Claire needs to employ Mark McInnes PR firm to rehabilitate her image, as they are doing a great job for him.

Still feel neutral about Claire – neither like nor loathe her, but I wish an editor would go through her articles, some interesting points but far too verbose. But then that could say more about me than her.

7 sourkraut { 10.14.10 at 1:29 pm }

I Think “anonymous” is just bitten by the green eyed monster

8 Axl { 10.15.10 at 5:56 am }

Wasn’t this meant to be (primarily) a post about Adam? Frankly, all this Claire-hating’s getting a bit dull. Some people don’t like her. I get that. Who cares (I’d be pretty confident she doesn’t!)? Why do you keep talking about her?