Survivor Nicaragua – The Oldies V The Young Ones Is A Failure

'Survivor' Interview: Jimmy T. was Playing for America

I really liked the concept of the Survivor Nicaragua with the a tribe of over 40’s versus a tribe of people under 40.

But it has a been a bit of a failure, as the older team have only won one challenge out of the four, and their tribe is slowly getting smaller.

If the preview of next week episode is anything to go by it looks like there is either going to be a merging of tribes or at least mixing them up.

Is this the producers quick fix to ensure the whole over 40 tribe does not get decimated. The physicality of the challenges were toned down to ensure the over 40’s would be able to compete, but still they are having difficulty.

I thought they might win the last episodes challenge with the blind fold, as they had practiced back at camp. But they just could not get it together. Maybe their hearing is not as good.

The younger tribe used the medallion of power to gain an advantage so flogged them in the challenge.

No surprise that Jimmy T’s head was on the chopping block, just for being extremely irritating.  His singing while his team members were standing in a down pour, then going around hugging them was bizarre. He just had no insight or control over his mouth either.

Dan who appears to be pretty useless in challenges was safe for another week, and now he is in a firm alliance with Marty, Jill, and possibly Tyrone he could be safe for awhile.

I am still liking Jill, and most of the females on the over 40’s tribe.

I will make the prediction now that Naonka makes it to the end, because who would vote for her on the jury to win $1 million. The girl is a scrag. Brenda who is playing a cunning game is aligning with her, and interpreted the immunity idol clue and helped her get it.

I am not sure if this is brilliant strategy or dumb something we will see play out in the next few weeks. Speaking of dumb – Chase who follows Brenda around like a puppy and told her he had the third clue for the immunity idol. At this point she did let him in that Naonka had it. This could be Brenda’s downfall, as Chase could say something to Naonka – probably accidentally.

We have seen little of the young tribe in the last few episodes so it is hard to know what the dynamic is between some of the other players.

Here is Jeff Prosbt’s blog on this week’s episode.

Also here is an exit interview with Jimmy T from Buddy TV, and it is interesting.

1 Annon { 10.14.10 at 2:30 pm }

Love your description of Naonka. Scrag is such an under untilized word

2 Culinary Boner { 10.14.10 at 2:41 pm }

So reading the interview, Jimmy T was the American public’s nomination for starting on the show. Scary….
….but then again, what ‘type’ would the Australian public back if we reprised Australian Survivor?
I’ll put in an early vote for Ricki-Lee.
Oh. With a bikini one size too small.

3 PinkPatentMaryJanes { 10.14.10 at 3:56 pm }

I’ve never really used the word “comeuppance” in a sentence until referring to Naonka!

At the end of last night’s episode I was actually keen for Jimmy T to stick around to see if he actually was capable of humbling and becoming more bearable. After reading his interview I got my answer: um, nope.

Genius television as always. I love how they manage to keep it fresh after so many years. Genius.

4 Andre Marolda { 10.15.10 at 7:17 am }

I had been wanting to find information pertaining to yesterday’s show of Survivor Nicaragua and I stumbled upon your website. I can’t figure out the reasons why the tribe didn’t actually eat the rooster as opposed to one of the female birds. The hen chickens produce eggs. Anyways I believed the water challenge was in the region of torture and incredibly dangerous. I suppose that overall this season’s survivors are simple folk and not highly knowledgeable men and women like in the last few episodes.

5 sourkraut { 10.15.10 at 1:14 pm }

Chase is chased but not chaste!
A classic Gen Y Dickhead/brain!
Normally out of pure political INcorrectness i would “root” for Naonka to win, but I just cant bring myself to do it.
Would love to see Marty “I found the idol” hah get voted out.
And stop giving out moonitty idLES with the set of steak knives (but wait there’s more) and wots with the power doover? obviously running out of ways to keep the saps like me interested

6 Duke Nukem { 10.16.10 at 7:42 pm }

RR’s fitting use of word “scrag” made me giggle.

7 Colls Bolls { 10.18.10 at 11:52 am }

Thanks for the link to Jeff Probst’s blog, it’s really cool to read his opinions and insights into the game.

Gotta love Survivor (and Jeff too)

8 reality raver { 10.18.10 at 12:25 pm }

I love how it is fast tracked so it is easy to avoid spoilers.

9 Izobel2 { 10.19.10 at 11:00 pm }

Now I’ve worked you out Andrea (No. 4)… you were commenting on tonight’s ep. I was wondering how I didn’t see any crazy water challenge or chicken episode! You’re a week ahead. Anyway I agree, that water challenge looked terrible. Love survivor. Haven’t finished watching the ep yet. But the water/chicken comment just clicked in my mind so thought I’d write something!