Fox 8 Will Be Screening Andrew Gunsberg’s US Show Live To Dance
You ask, and you shall receive, as raised in yesterday’s blog post about Andrew G’s huge cast coup in the US whether an Australian channel would vie for the rights of the show, Fox 8 now reveal they have secured the rights to his new show Live to Dance.
Fox 8 announced:
- FOXTEL has secured the exclusive Australian television rights to the new US dance/ talent series Live to Dance, to be hosted by former Channel [V] and Australian Idol host Andrew Gunsberg.
- In the US, Live to Dance will spearhead the CBS network’s counter attack to the American Idol juggernaut in early 2011.
- Live to Dance is the US version of the UK smash hit Got to Dance. Both Got to Dance (UK) and Live to Dance (US) will be seen exclusively on FOX8 in 2011.
- FOXTEL has also already announced production of its own version of Got to Dance for FOX8, which will debut mid-year.
- On Live to Dance, Gunsberg will be working with former American Idol judge and dance diva Paula Abdul, who is executive producer and will be the lead expert and mentor, as well as American choreographer Travis Payne (Michael Jackson’sThis Is It) and Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt.
What they cannot say at this point is whether it will be fast tracked just after it is screened in the US, like the station does with American Idol.