OPEN POST: Junior Masterchef – The Top 12

Sorry I am ill so there will be no recaps tonight of Junior Masterchef.

So here is an open post to discuss the episode.

1 AnonyMousse { 10.17.10 at 8:48 pm }

I think the Commonwealth Games break was a mistake (they should have delayed the preliminaries until tonight), as I’m just not very engaged with this episode tonight. I’ve forgotten most of the contestants, and don’t remember whatever they did 3/4 weeks ago that would have made me care about them now.

2 Anon { 10.17.10 at 10:14 pm }

Plus Masterchef fatigue is starting to set in.
The female judge (channeling Nigella) is irritating. Hope she is not going to be in the adult version next year.
Noted the artfully placed scooter outside the MC kitchen has been replaced by two bicycles…

3 KC { 10.18.10 at 11:52 am }

I agree with AnonyMousse…I wasn’t even pumped for it anymore. However, the longer I watched it the more I got into it and I’m starting to look forward to it again :) I already have the kids I’m going for LOL which always helps me get through the show.

Oh my goodness totally agree about the female judge. Why is Masterchef so fail at finding interesting, witty female judges when other shows seem to be so much better. I mean I understand she has to be kind and understanding but she just feels somewhat patronising at times…

4 sourkraut { 10.18.10 at 1:24 pm }

watched for the first and last time.
patronising twaddle to precocious poppinjays

5 seepi { 10.18.10 at 4:59 pm }

Yep – the break was a mistake.

But some of those kids can really cook. Pierre and his lamb wellington was amazing.

But i do wonder how they will cope with the rejection. They have kept the two sisters in, but one seems a little more advanced than the other.

I hope the kids that don’t win don’t haev melt downs.

6 littlepetal { 10.19.10 at 2:58 pm }

I think they are using point system so they don’t have to eliminate each contestant each week. Maybe they will all compete for 6 or 8 weeks and the top 4 goes through and the rest will go home :( (to make them feel better as 8 of them will goes off the same time)

With these little darlings, I feel that the judges dare not give negative comments and have to comment every dish is good. I have to say that they can cook and they are seem very happy for one another. I hope they will enjoy the experience and the parents don’t put too much pressure in them.