Altiyan Childs On The Verge Of A ………

I don’t know if this is some sort of publicity stunt to try and attract viewers to the show, however Altiyan Childs apparently disappeared for 24 hours.

I think anyone watching the show from the beginning could see that the 35 year old wannabe rocker is emotionally vulnerable and to be honest I thought that was one of the reasons they put him through to the performance shows.

However he has proven to be popular and put in a few good performances.

But is the pressure becoming to much for him.

The Herald Sun reports that on Monday night Altiyan spent Monday night sleeping in a cave on the North Shore. I am sorry but that is not normal behaviour. I presume the show’s psychologist is working with him, to try and keep him together to not blow his opportunity to achieve some musical success.

After losing Matt Newton to a psychiatric hospital, we don’t want to see an actual contestant cave in to the pressure of national TV.

Also Brian McFadden will be mentoring Andrew Lawson this week after Kyle Sandilands has had to take time off due to sickness. At least we can expect a better song choice for poor Andrew this week.

1 brain dead dave { 10.20.10 at 1:50 pm }

Johnny Cash had a religious experience in a cave and came out better for it.

Altiyan has been a deluded nutter from day one. The judges aren’t helping him one bit by calling him a “rock star”. I remember Wes Carr being hailed a “superstar ” on this kind of show.

Lucky he isn’t in a band because his cohorts would board the cave up and leave him there.

2 Culinary Boner { 10.20.10 at 3:32 pm }

Perhaps poor Alsatian was just a bit confused about the whole mancave concept? – http://www.mancavesite.org

3 Jay P. { 10.20.10 at 5:59 pm }

I’m sure being in a house full of people would get to anyone after a while. Perhaps he just needed some quiet time to get his head straight. Good luck to Altiyan. He’s worked hard to get to this stage.

4 Kaylen { 10.20.10 at 11:46 pm }

You know, I was willing to give all this the benefit of the doubt and trust that it wasn’t a publicity stunt.

That went out the window when the latest X-Factor promo showed up on my television screen.

They freakin’ made it a part of their advertisement! They had footage of Altiyan on some cliffs – whether it was from the time he was missing or not isn’t the point. Point is: we’re not stupid!

When will the networks realise that we have brains and can think for ourselves?

Whether he ran off by himself or not is beside the point. They’ve turned it into a publicity stunt and are benefiting from it through advertisement. Add in the footage of him on a cliff?

Gods. Beyond annoyed!

5 kenobi { 10.21.10 at 1:23 am }

I haven’t seen the promo yet but if it’s the footage of him looking out and then doing some martial arts stuff, that was from last week’s intro package.

Anyway this was the story apparently:

6 kenobi { 10.21.10 at 1:48 am }

Oh, and I don’t mean to bitch but it’s Altiyan, not Alytian. 😉

7 Reality Raver { 10.21.10 at 11:17 am }

Kenobi – point taken

8 Jazzy { 10.31.10 at 5:02 pm }

Altiyan Childs is a awesome stage performer and vocalist.
I believe he can become the “Rockstar”. How much Ronan loves him, is as much as I do. I support him and he is truly a rockstar. However, just because he spent time in a cave, doesn’t mean he is not normal. Afterall, he was facing difficult times in his life. First, his girlfriend leaving him after being with her for 8-9years.
Second, because his father is very ill. As well as his mother abanding him when he was very young. He is facing difficult moments in his life, he needed some time alone and that is normal. Especially if he was always busy practicing and possibly then he ended up breaking down and needed some alone time.
He will become the Rockstar and win the competition. I believe he will in my perspective. [:

I support him all the way.

I agree with Kaylen, it was a bit exaggerating for them to put it up on t.v how he was in a cave. Seriously, they should have reacted normal to it and kept it quiet. Not to put it on news…..
Just because he wanted time alone.

9 nicole { 12.06.10 at 7:57 pm }

hi alytian im a big fan of you love