The Block – Erin And Jake Are Not Going To Win Any Popularity Contests
This week in the Sunday paper’s a Queensland academic said the lack of sleep the contestant’s on The Block were having is dangerous to themselves, and to others. This was when they are working with dangerous tools, and driving their cars.
Here are a few comments on tonight’s episode of The Block:
- Ok the payment issue has been clarified as the tradies have to be paid $60 an hour, we know what Chez did have to pay her carpenter friend. Of course he could have dropped a few hours.
- However this vignette of information was not aimed at Chez and Brenton, but Erin and Jake. The boys had found out the sporty couple only paid $100 for waterproofing of their ensuite. Which apparently is too cheap.
- When confronted Erin did say she got a quote, whilst the others were paying the tradies an hourly rate, I don’t have a problem with that if they are giving fair quotes;
- But it was game on and Mark and Duncan were pissed that Erin and Jake were also breaking the 10-4pm of not being allowed on the site and they called them on it;
- Erin started crying and threw her grandfather’s death in his face as justification for the breach;
- I have to be honest I was not feeling much sympathy for them.
- I did feel sorry for Chez and Brenton and their tiling issue. What hope to renovators have in Sydney when even people with cameras on them get screwed over by tradies. Anyway to rectify it meant it will cost them $5000;
- They were having a shocker as someone had broken their splashback as it was laid on a ground outside which was pretty dumb of them;
- I am finding Jake’s twin brother being sent to make up with the other team quite amusing, but it just show what douches Jake and Erin are for thinking this is appropriate they are;
- When the other teams find out about the twin they are going to be miffed, how I wished Australian production companies did reunion shows like they do on Bravo as this could be fireworks.
- The judges liked Neisha and John’s and called it a “good blank canvas”, though their laundry is not up to standard;
- Erin and Jake’s kept the art deco theme going and I like it at least they are making a statement and both judges were gushing;
- Chez’s curved shower wall was seen to have the wow factor, but did not like that they did not have a bath.
- Again Mark and Duncan got criticised for some of their design features.
I was bemused about the judges comments about the laundries, as I got the feeling neither of them really ever used one in real life.
Erin and Jake won, much to the disgust of the other teams, and I do agree with Mark and Duncan that the open shower would be a major pain.
Tonight’s gratuitous plug was for Sam The Paving Man.