The X Factor – Will Hayley Teal UnFriend Natalie Imbruglia On Facebook?

It is a wonder Hayley Teale did not have a meltdown at mentor Natalie Imbruglia once she was eliminated.

She was the one who gave her that shocking Kate Perry song California Girl, and then dressed her like Kate Perry so the viewer’s were guranteed to compared to her to the mega pop star.

I noted a jacket and new pants were part of Hayley’s ensemble tonight.

Luke and Joel were also in the bottom two because of song choice. You cannot make a good rendition of a Beach Boys song. Anyone who was around when Kokomo was number one on the charts for weeks on end will still flinch when they hear a Beach Boy lyric would not have voted for the Newcastle boys.

Hayley sang her “save her ass” song like she knew she was walking the plank, so it was no surprise the votes that mattered Ronan Keating and Kyle Sandilands went to her.

She was by no means the worse singer left.

1 Izobel2 { 11.01.10 at 10:01 pm }

I can’t believe you didn’t mention Ronan’s MC Hammer get up that he had goin on. Absolute shocker.
I think Hayley is much better than Luke & Joel, but yes I agree with Brain Dead Dave, whoever wins will melt into oblivion with Wes Carr… I couldn’t even remember who finished runner up with Wes last year!

2 Reality Raver { 11.02.10 at 3:19 pm }

Izobel2 – I actually did clock the pants but thought he was doing a bit of a David Beckham.

Good point who was runner up to Wes? Was it Luke Dickens?

3 Izobel2 { 11.02.10 at 3:27 pm }

Oops I meant runner up to Stan Walker last year – which was Hayley Warner. Completely forgot about her. Yeah I think you’re right. Good ol’ Luke Dickons. The unlikeliest of idol folk.

4 Reality Raver { 11.02.10 at 3:30 pm }

Oh God I had completely forgotten about last years lot. I don’t think I could name five of the contestants

5 Izobel2 { 11.02.10 at 3:42 pm }

Neither could I and I didn’t miss an episode! I don’t think X Factor stand a chance….

6 bella vita { 11.02.10 at 11:51 pm }

Last year was actually Stan Walker and Hayley Werner guys….Wes and Puke the year before!

7 Chunks { 11.03.10 at 1:19 pm }

Now RR that’s not true. Sure a lot of the Beach Boys hits seem a bit twee by today’s standards, when Britney is autotuning If You Seek Amy to 12 year olds, but Kokomo isn’t even the real Beach Boys. Luke & Joel could easily have pulled off God Only Knows, Heroes and Villains, Good Vibrations, Don’t Worry Baby…

8 Reality Raver { 11.03.10 at 2:59 pm }

Chunks – I will take you word on that. I just not a fan, heard the songs too many times.