Junior Masterchef – The Top Four Revealed

It is getting very close to having Australia’s inaugural winner of Junior Masterchef as they are down to the final four. Little Siena who is nine is punching above her weight by still be in the competition.

Isabella 12, and Jack 12, would join Siena 9 and Sofia 12 in the final four.

Season three of Masterchef Australia recently commenced filming and Gary Mehigan is wondering how many more seasons he is going to be on the show.

He told TV WEEK:

“I’m signed on for another two years and I’m happy to do that,” he says adding, “It’s exhausting, though, and maybe if you ask me in another year, I might say season four will be the last one for me. That’s not because I don’t love [it] – it’s just because it takes up nine months of the year!”

As for what is in store for next season, Gary says the challenges will be somewhat toned down for the competitors.

“We’re approaching it slightly differently because we’re trying to avoid making it harder, as that’s not the point.” he says. “It’s back to basics. There will still be a few twists, but we won’t be pulling things like the V8 cake out as much, because how do you top that?

1 Betty @ The Hungry Girl { 11.09.10 at 7:53 am }

Oh no, it won’t be the same without Gary :(

2 dmc { 11.09.10 at 12:04 pm }

What do those judges get paid?

3 brain dead dave { 11.09.10 at 4:59 pm }

Gary’s lack of hygeine in the kitchen ie the numerous times he has tasted food and thrown the utensil back into the bowl qualifies him as a Masterpig. Good riddance,I say.

4 seepi { 11.09.10 at 9:50 pm }

It seems that he is assuming Masterchef will be going strong into season 5 and beyond!

I guess anything is possible – what number Survivor are we up to now? But still – I expect Masterchef will have run its course after another season or two.

5 Fides { 11.10.10 at 2:14 pm }

Well I’m glad to see they’ve realised that bigger/harder is not better : what’s the point in doing the v8 cake when some of the MC2 graduates admitted they’d never made any sort of cake before? They should just do a basic sponge cake challenge.

6 seepi { 11.10.10 at 10:09 pm }

Adam and Aaron are appearing at my local Myers on Saturday, but I am going to be at compusory preschool clean up day – what a gyp!

7 Reality Raver { 11.10.10 at 10:39 pm }

Seepi what is a compulsory cleanup day, what happens if you don’t show up do you get thrown out?

Fides – I think a sponge with be a great challenge particularly in the early rounds.

DMC – They got big pay rises after season 1 – plus all the endorsements they now do, and cookbook sales. Kaching.

Seepi – ratings will inevitably drop so maybe a change of cast would be refreshing.

BDD – Masterpig? hilarious.

Betty – agree he is the sanity between the two clowns.

8 sourkraut { 11.15.10 at 1:09 pm }

are people really watching these preened precocious pampered pumped up precious popinjays? (other than their parents)

9 sourkraut { 11.15.10 at 1:28 pm }

Gary
You top the v8 cake with a tower of Maccaroons cunningly balancing a crock of bush

10 sai { 04.10.11 at 11:42 pm }

i really like Pierre, i am so sad he is not included in the top 4

11 lianjoyce g landrito { 04.23.11 at 3:38 pm }

…ahhhhhhh Pierre not a win im so sad for Pierre…bat i like siena…my fov is Pierre for ever…

12 Erika { 04.23.11 at 3:40 pm }

Me too I really like Pierre. And was devastated he wasn’t part of the top 4 :(((