The Block – SPOILER ALERT – A Team Is Caught Cheating

If you don’t want to know who the team is that gets caught cheating on this weeks episode of The Block stop reading now.

But a lot of fans will be glad to see Erin and Jake finally get their come uppance.

TV WEEK reveals Erin and Jake are caught cheating on camera.

The article states:

While the rules state that none of the couples are allowed help with painting, the couple ask Jake’s twin brother, Luke, to lend a hand and they’re rumbled by John and Niesha.

While Jake, 25, and Erin, 26, initially deny having outside assistance, they’re discovered during the room reveal by host Scott Cam, who informs them that a secret camera has caught them red-handed and they’ll no longer be eligible to win that week’s room.

“It was devastating,” Erin says. “I think it got blown out of proportion and I think we were made and example of, which is very upsetting. We’ve worked hard since the beginning of this competition and we’ve played by the rules.

“We considered this rule to be a bit grey,” Erin adds. “To us, painting is technically a trade, and while we’ve never had anyone help us before, we didn’t realise we were doing anything wrong.

“We think the hidden camera was pretty deceptive. People have been breaking the rules, left, right and centre. No one is allowed to stay over – and yet Chez and Brenton have had their builder stay over several times!”

However, Erin and Jakes’s excuses don’t wash with the others.

“They claim Luke was only there for 15 minutes, but whether he was there for a second or an hour, it’s still cheating,” says Neisha, 33. “I think it’s great that the public has seen that if you do Β cheat, you don’t prosper.”

As for Duncan and Mark, they say they’re more disappointed with Erin and Jake’s lack of remorse than the rule-breaking.

“The fact that they don’t believe they’ve done anything wrong really disappoints me,” explains Duncan, 44. “It’s embarassing for them and awkward for everyone else.”

“If they win this competition, it’ll be a hollow victory,” weighs in Mark, 52.

Chez, who’s had several run-ins with Jake and Erin, feels vindicated by their disqualification.

“Thank God they got shown for their true colours,” laughs Chez, 28. “They’ve cheated the whole way through – you can tell. They have all these cool electronics in their pad, and we can barely afford blinds. They’re either spending their own money or not paying their tradies. It felt so good when they were caught and disqualified!”

1 SteveMolk { 11.09.10 at 9:15 am }

Good work Ch9/TV Week for keeping this a secret, huh?! Nothing is sacred…

2 Culinary Boner { 11.09.10 at 1:25 pm }

Can 9 disqualify Scott Cam as well?

3 scruffnkelsmum { 11.09.10 at 1:41 pm }

ok, so they may have cheated (& if they did, deserve to be disqualifed for 1 week), but how are Chez and Brenton having their tradie friend “stay over” also not cheating?? who keeps an eye on him 24/7 to make sure he is not working for free etc?

4 Reality Raver { 11.09.10 at 2:18 pm }

SteveMolk – I know ridiculous.

Culinary Boner – I think not.

Scuffnkelsmum – Who knows they could have been. As they said all teams have been cheating. The thing that irritates me about Erin and Jake is their self-righteousness about it.

5 scruffnkelsmum { 11.09.10 at 2:41 pm }

Reality Raver- yeah, I get your point but as I prefer their style and them over the very bogan Chez, I still hope Jake & Erin win :)

However, we have not seen all of the episodes yet (or the edited version of each couple 9 wants us to see) so I may change my mind!

It won’t ever be Chez Brenton’s tho- I hate that stupid big door she insisted on in the 1st episode. Prob the married couple if not Jake & Erin….

6 dmc { 11.09.10 at 2:58 pm }

I actually drove past the Block yesterday and there was a huge Jake and Erin banner draped over the upstairs balcony. None of the others had any signage.

7 MelbaToast { 11.09.10 at 3:04 pm }

I hope none of them win and that Channel 9 get fined for putting on such a lame series! I am glad Erin & Jake get caught cheating though. The entire immature shenanigans with the evil twin brother is beyond belief. And if I hear them say “we have no trade experience” one more time I’ll do a block at my tellie! They are just playing the victims…

8 brain dead dave { 11.09.10 at 5:12 pm }

Boner’s got the right idea. Scott Cam has been cheating audiences for years with his appallingly unacceptable cookie cutter ockerism. I’d bury the beige bastard under the foundations if I had the chance.

9 seepi { 11.09.10 at 9:55 pm }

The producers of the Block are revelling in the whole twin brother thing.

I’m still hoping for a Jake/Erin win too.

10 SteveMolk { 11.10.10 at 9:21 am }

Well… the twin thing is out now (http://molkstvtalk.com)…

πŸ˜‰

11 jen { 11.10.10 at 8:27 pm }

Great examples of sportsmanship! These people remind me of sports stars who get busted with drug testing – “we didn’t realise we were doing the wrong thing”
spoiled prats

12 Sandy { 05.20.12 at 4:50 pm }

They should be disqualified altogether. About time big business stop rewarding competition cheats