The Block – Chez And Brenton Are Engaged

Was there any renovation done on The Block tonight? It was all about proposals and fake tans. I wonder if any of them even know how to use a drill.

Tonight Chez and Brenton went off to have their “decrustation” menu at Aria, and then they came home to thousands of candles. Do you think she knew and he proposed earlier? It all seemed a tad self conscious.

When he proposed she was jammed against the door like she was trying to get away, however maybe it was the only place to stand in the room without getting burnt.

Hopefully Channel 7 will sign Chez up for their next season of Four Weddings.

After Erin and Jake’s painting fiasco of last week, they decided to apologise. This time Jake did it not his twin brother.

Neisha did not seem to impressed by the apology, and you can tell that Erin and Jake don’t particularly like the others and nor them.

Erin took a swipe at them for having the time to have a fake tan spray when they could have been renovating. I think it is called keeping the sponsors happy.

However Erin and Jake had the last laugh as they won the room with their kitchen. I previously have liked their style but did not like the black cupboards and the uncomfortable transparent stools. Also the dining room chairs which were black and white stripes were foul.

Chez and Brenton’s kitchen was the same colour. I loved their wooden dining table but I don’t think it matched with their kitchen.

Personally I liked Neisha and John’s the best. I think they could win. However I do think Erin and Jake’s flat has the most flair.

1 Anonymous { 11.17.10 at 11:55 pm }

Did anyone get a glimpse on the last frame of a couple on a balcony, (looking like they were wearing sashes)? Have they had the auction? It was only briefly and I don’t know if I was seeing things!

I like it but I hope the next series has more renovating and less advertising (I haven’t seen the first 2 series).

2 scruffnkelsmum { 11.17.10 at 11:59 pm }

at least the boys and the married couple were gracious about Jake & Erin’s win. not so, the whiny voiced 1… :)

I loved Jake & Erin’s, but thought it was a very close run with them and the married couple this time. Theirs showed more aesthetic appeal, the married couple’s was a better neutral palette for future buyers. IMO anyway…

3 SteveMolk { 11.18.10 at 8:46 am }

It’s been an interesting series, that’s for sure. Looking forward to the auction episode next week… here’s hoping they all make some money. I think John & Neisha will win, but I’d love Mark & Duncan to get up. Certainly there’s strong competition between Jake & Erin and Brenton & Chez.

BTW – The auction is this coming TUESDAY at 6pm, onsite. See the ad for Brenton & Chez’s apartment here: http://molk.tv/dtl7uu

4 Wurstsemmel { 11.18.10 at 9:13 am }

You said it, RR, spray tans and engagements. Still, you did get a quick peak at Matt Moran, so you can’t complain. I thought I’d muisheard it as ‘decrustration’…obviously not. I hope the proposal happened previously because the set up in the room looked kind of fake.

I hope John and Neisha win….or the boys…

Not really buying the apology. Why? Did you see Erin making negative comments about John and Neisha’s patio? She didn’t like it. Fair enough. But then she said something to Neisha about how much she liked the pebbles and turned round and smirked to Jake about her comment. This show certainly isn’t doing her any favours.

5 scruffnkelsmum { 11.18.10 at 10:46 am }

again- editing may well play a part. I would bet $$$ that Chez has also made many false/negative comments- hell they probably all have!!! the producers just show the ones they think will garner the most audience interest. Having said that- why say she liked it then straight away say the opposite to Jake- if it was like that- yeah, unnecessary Erin, but I am hazarding a guess editing may have played with how it looked to the viewers!!

I thought Chez’s negative comments about J&E’s kitchen was just sour grapes too. The others were all honest and gave it the compliments it deserved.

I did like John & Neisha’s, and thought it a toss up who should win, but I do love J&E’s whole flat.

I like the boys a lot, but their flat is not up to scratch, and I hate those damn doors Chez put in- major YUK factor for me.

6 jf { 11.18.10 at 11:13 am }

I’m sorry John and Neisha’s kitchen didn’t win, I thought Jake and Erin’s was to garrish for ordinary Homebuyers, maybe somewhere like Hollywood etc. Anyone who buys their Unit will have to spend a lot of money renovating it again to their taste. John and Neisha’s was a Pallette ready to move into and will allow the new owners to put their own touch to the rooms. Bad choosing Judges, this is a home not a Magazine Feature. Jake you poor thing having to bear the Bitchiness of Erin for the rest of your life, you seem reasonably normal.

7 Jaime { 11.18.10 at 11:58 am }

URGH Erin makes me like Chez ..and thats saying something. Those two (J&E) what a pair of assholes!! I REALLY hope they dont win.

8 bella vita { 11.18.10 at 3:22 pm }

Boring season, hopefully 9 will replace Snott Cam next year (thought I doubt it)

I’m sure there has been more spats than as seen on screen and would have made for much more interesting viewing.

Somehow I cant see Jake and Erin not winning, though I do hope that John and Neisha do as they are more deserving.

Chez made me cringe when she looked at the brand of the box with the engagement ring…materialistic much?

9 seepi { 11.18.10 at 10:02 pm }

I’d say Chez could just guess a proposal was coming up. I’m guess they dont’ do ‘decrustaion’ dinners too often.

I really hate all the beige/blank canvas flats. Does anyone really put their own style on every house they move into. I bought a house with a brigh orange kitchen and I love it. Far too lazy to do my own decorating. Bring on the glitz and anything but beige, beige, beige.

Next time they should let them choose what room they do (as per the first series), but set them a colour they have to use, or an object they have to incorporate or something – anything but neutral.

10 Reality Raver { 11.18.10 at 10:21 pm }

Anon – no I didn’t see the last frame. I did notice that Erin could look straight down into Neisha and John’s courtyard.

Scruffnkelsmum – i really didn’t like the black cupboards. But Chez’s cupboards were black as well.

jf – agree what you might admire in a magazine you may not like in real life.

Jaime – I think Erin and Jake will get good price.

Bella Vita – I thought she was checking whether it was the real ring or just the placebo.

Seepi – She must have why else would they have gone out to dinner.

SteveMolk – No I don’t think the boys have a chance.

Wurstsemmel – I watched Momma’s BOy. For the first 5 mins, I was thinking what was Wurst thinking. But after that I was hooked, it is now on series link. I don’t know why the mums were so surprised about some of the girls posing for Playboy, would have thought you could tell that by looking at them.

11 Chookpea { 11.18.10 at 10:50 pm }

Did anyone notice when Brenton handed Chez the ring, she flipped the lid of the box to see what brand it is?

Totally cheezy. Bring back the renos and please dump all the fluff and product placements!

12 brain dead dave { 11.18.10 at 10:51 pm }

I’ve seen two eps of Momma’s Boys now and love it.

13 scruffnkelsmum { 11.18.10 at 10:57 pm }

yes, I must admit that Chez having a “decrustation” dinner, and immediately flipping to see writing on the lid of the ring box gave me a big laugh- again it may be “editing” but I felt these two moments were an accurate reflection of her!!! lol (along with those dreadful huge paisley sliding doors!!)

My daughter commented that Chez seems to have got her styles (??) muddled- ie black/white (some of which was ok, some not) and then wooden that didn’t gel with it!! and that dining table looked silly- waaaaaaaay too long and skinny- disproportionate to the room, the chairs…everything really. I actually loved the wood- but not the table and not in that setting.

14 Wurstsemmel { 11.19.10 at 1:27 pm }

The first episode of Momma’s Boys was fabulous, RR. It’s calmed a little since then., although the mom’s getting their hands on the dossiers this week was pretty good.

15 schnikum { 11.20.10 at 10:14 pm }

Yes I too saw her look at the lid after she saw the ring – NASTY!
I couldn’t believe it. I said to my husband “OMG did you see that”….
Poor guy! LOL

16 emma { 11.25.10 at 1:20 am }

did anyone elso notice that Chez has changed the engagement ring?

17 Reality Raver { 11.25.10 at 7:06 am }

Emma – No I hadn’t. Maybe she had not liked it or it did not fit. I felt sorry for them last night. The Block hasn’t been the greatest experience for them.