Beauty And The Geek – A Few Thoughts
Channel Seven must be wondering what the formula is a for a successful reality show.
Beauty and the Geek again this year is a huge hit for them, easily hitting the magic million mark and beyond, and Four Weddings which they probably produced with change from their petty cash tin was fantastic as well.
But then the productions they have poured money into like The X Factor, and Iron Chef have not rated as well as expected.
However The X Factor is starting to pull some decent figures, so hopefully it will be renewed for a second season.
They will definitely be renewing Beauty and the Geek for a third season, but their problem is finding the geeks. Rumour had it they struggled this year to find nerds.
It is an engaging show when watching it with good looking dim-witted girls, and guys who are brainy but allegedly socially inept.
Some thoughts on the series:
- The show appears to be harmless, but I do think some of these boys are getting a bit emotionally involved. Watching Tim last night tell Kara how he felt was painful.
- But I did laugh when he was teary when she reached over to get a tissue and then used it herself, I thought she was going to hand it to him;
- Tamika is fantastic, puffed up lips and all, and needs to become Brynne Edelsten’s intern now;
- I am secretly a little bit in love with Michael, as he has a cheeky sense of humour, so I hope he gets a decent girlfriend;
- Daniel Iachini is no geek, but then each season one of them appears to slip through the casting net;
- Tim is a cutie now he has done is make over, and has a dry sense of humour so hopefully he will be popular with the ladies;
- I think Thomas the Hawaiian shirt enthusiast was serious when he was talking about his dancing skills.
- I find it appalling that what men what a guy wants in a girl is looks, wouldn’t Tim be bored by Kara after a few weeks?
Who is your favourite geek and beauty? I would like to see a show where the girls were geeky and the guys were the brawn. In fact I am sure it is in production somewhere in the US.