The X Factor – The Final Performance Show

It is ironic that Guy Sebastian who was the best mentor of the season, and he did not have one act in the season final. No groups made it.

Tonight is the penultimate show of what may be the only season of The X Factor take 2. Where it was the last time Andrew, Sally and Altiyan had their last chance to showcase their talent to get the viewers to vote for him.

A few thoughts on the final:

• Natalie Imbruglia looked stunning and very much like Rita Hayworth in her prime also that special glow could be due to her dating Justin Hemmes;
  • Thankfully Altiyan did not dry hump Kirk Pengilly’s leg when he was singing with him;
  • When Andrew went back to his high school, Kyle to the opportunity to grope a school girl, Andrew’s sister;
  • I am glad Ronan understands Altiyan as I have no idea what he is saying.

Also here are my thoughts on the performances:

Sally Chatfield did the Queen song which was the one she picked as being her best performance and again she rocked it.

Andrew Lawson was not a train wreck with the James Blunt song, Beautiful. In fact his voice suited it perfectly.

Altiyan Child sang the winner single which I think was called “Somewhere In The World Tonight”. He did a good rendition of a really dull song.

Sally sang her audition song it was great, but Natalie it was “note perfect”. Um no it was not.

Andrew Lawson did Heartache Tonight and it was as dull as it was the first time he sang it. But then he probably did not have a lot of choice as he has had some really dud songs. Crocodile Rock and Uptown Girl to name a few.

Does anyone else think it is time for INXS to retire? I would have thought they had made enough cash. It was a no brainer that Altiyan would do a duet with them. Kyle pointed out that the first verse had been made up as Altiyan had forgotten the words.

Andrew sang Fly Me To The Moon his audition song which was one of his better songs of the evening. But even rising up in a moon still did not give him a moment.

Sally got to do a duet with Jay K from Jaromiquie it was good, but she was overshadowed by him, and the song didn’t really suit her voice.

Altiyan – Sex Is On Fire which was his audition song, was probably his best performance of the night.

Andrew Lawson tanked it with his winner’s single.  Kyle had a point when he said the single was more suited to a singer with a “bigger” voice. Also he hinted he thought the song was shite. Andrew did have a get me out of here now look on his face as he was singing it.

1 brain dead dave { 11.21.10 at 11:41 pm }

Natalie really did look fantastic as usual.

The contestants showed again that they have the X Factor. Xcruciating.

2 dmc { 11.22.10 at 6:23 am }

I was bored, sad to say.

Why do they always give these guys a mid-tempo dull ‘winner’s song’? It reminded me of all those Australian Idol winner’s singles that sunk without a trace.

3 kenobi { 11.22.10 at 7:07 am }

The generic winner’s single is always painfully formulaic and always suits one person more than the other(s), though I was quite surprised they all got stuck into Andrew like they did.

If you watch the video on the X Factor site, Kyle’s comments about the song itself being shit have been edited out. 😉

Kyle was also exaggerating about the “invented the whole first verse” thing… it was only one line that Altiyan stuffed up.

4 reality raver { 11.22.10 at 9:48 am }

At least the songwriter was not on the judging panel. A couple of years of Simon Cowell on american Idol sledged the winners song and Kara DiGuardio, the other judge, had been the one to write it.

5 Culinary Boner { 11.22.10 at 10:05 am }

“Thankfully Altiyan did not dry hump Kirk Pengilly’s leg when he was singing with him”…

…nah, he just sniffed his butt and licked his balls

6 SteveMolk { 11.22.10 at 10:09 am }

I heard X Factor producer on the radio this morning. They sounded like they were sitting in the corner, curled up in a ball, rocking, saying: “only one more show, only one more show, only one more show…”

7 dmc { 11.22.10 at 12:24 pm }

I can really believe that. Kyle especially has done and said some things to really annoy the producers. For me though, his candour is just about the only good thing about it.

8 ob1 { 11.22.10 at 1:10 pm }

Well Altiyan childs to butcher the INXS classic with the ironic title of Dont Change. Your opening line lost me and it didnt get better I put the lyrics up and listened my god you weren’t even close. Go back to forklift driving if you cant remember the words. Sally has the voice great across all 4 songs a real winner. Andrew Lawson cant sing how he got this far is a mystery butchered James Blunt song then showed his limited voice as the night wore on wouldnt get a gig at a karaoke night crap crap crap.

9 treacey { 11.22.10 at 3:06 pm }

altiyan is mesmerising, i want him. brilliant performer is an understatement, he is euphoric. we knew each other in a past life in masadonia (stip) i have a connection to him, i wonder if he realises this yet? please ask him for me,and while your there ask him to marry me, we’ll have a cave wedding, as we did in masadonia, adore him…………….he’s gorgeous.

10 treacey { 11.22.10 at 3:10 pm }

i just love looking at him, he doesn’t even need to perform

11 Gillian { 11.22.10 at 4:00 pm }

@ Treacey – well he did say come out wherever you are when he sang ‘Somewhere in the world tonight’ so he’s looking for you :-)

I thought the winner’s song really suited Sally’s voice. I had goose bumps when I heard it but it was far from being a good vocal. I thought Altiyan’s version was ok and Andrew just didn’t want to be there.

I think Sally will be the winner tonight but I do wish Altiyan the best as he’s my favourite. I do find him quite captivating as well even though rock isn’t one of my favourite genres.

12 kenobi { 11.22.10 at 4:45 pm }

*sigh* Okay, I’ve been arguing this point all day lol… so here’s a dissection of Altiyan’s “brain fade” (what he sang is in brackets):

I’m standing here on the ground (“I am alone by myself”)
The sky above won’t fall down (“The sky above won’t fall down”)
See no evil in all directions (“See no evil in all directions”)
Resolution of happiness (“Resolution of happiness”)
Things have been dark for too long (“Things have been dark for too long”)

Don’t change for you (“Don’t change for you”)
Don’t change a thing for me (“Don’t change a thing for me”)
Don’t change for you (“Don’t change for you”)
Don’t change a thing for me (“Don’t change a thing for me”)

I found a love I had lost (“I lost a love, long and lost”)
It was gone for too long (“It had been gone for too long”)
Hear no evil in all directions (“Hear no evil in all directions”)
Execution of bitterness (Kirk sang this)
Message received loud and clear (Kirk sang this)

That amounts to one stuff-up, and a line or two that was changed slightly without losing the meaning of the lyric. I’ve seen big names forget lyrics to songs they wrote themselves and have performed hundreds of times. I’ve seen big names using teleprompters, taping lyrics to the stage, and even reading off lead sheets and sheet music during concerts. Mistakes happen all the time. Professionals are far from perfect, they just respond better to unfortunate situations.

13 adora1ification { 12.14.10 at 5:07 am }

you guys are just jealous. Altiyan is a wonderful performer, charismatic , gentle and humble. and talented at that and Australia seen that is why he is there, so why are you guys keeps pulling him down, he deserved to be there. A beautiful gentle soul. good on him, and may God bless his way towards his career. Love what I’ve seen so far and continue to support him.