Altiyan Childs Is Australia’s Most Famous Celibate

Altiyan Child’s has now taken the title of Australia’s most famous celibate from Ita Buttrose. However, I am not sure how long he will hang onto the title as TV Week reveals he is now looking for love and his considering ending his celibate streak.

The article states:

“I’m beginning to wrestle with my celibate lifestyle,” he says. “I think I’m ready for a lover and I’m slowly ready to unlock that door and be with someone again. I just have to find a woman who can ignite my heart.”

Has it been tough spending more than half a decade without any physical affection?

“No, my primal regions don’t dictate me,” he smiles. “I don’t need a lover, it’s just that I may like to have one again soon.”

Meanwhile, fans of The X Factor have been furiously speculating online that the popular contestant, 35, isn’t stable enough to cope with pressures of being in the spotlight once the secure bubble of the competition is not longer there.

The man himself, however, insists fame won’t get the better of him.

“I am incorruptible,” Altiyan tells TV WEEK. “Seriously, I can fail and I can fall, I can lose fans and the media may turn and crucify me one day, but all I know is that there is no possibility of me being corrupted by drugs, women, the bright lights….any chance of that is over.

“I feel like I’m a man on a mission,” he continues. “I respect people too much to be blinded by the attention and I’m way too humble to get caught up in the media thing.

“I’ve been called crazy [before The X Factor], but I think the only thing that makes me crazy is that I still love the world after all the rejection I’ve felt.”

The article also had a list of 15 things you didn’t know about Altiyan.

These are:

1. According to my father, the first word I ever spoke was “Porsche”. I’ve been into Porsches ever since.

2. I have a black belt in karate. It took me nine years.

3. My favourite movie is Stephen King’s Christine.

4. I can make killer scrambled eggs.

5. My sister’s name is Altiyana.

6 I am fluent in the former Yugoslav language.

7. I have four tattoos.

8. My favourite actor is James Dean.

9. My most unfulfilled desire is to go on a double date with my best friend and his partner.

10. I was always the first to befriend the new kids at school.

11. I never spent my lunch money on myself at school – I bought the other kids lunch.

12. I’m really good at squash- it’s my favourite sport.

13. My favourite food is only found deep in the villages of Yugoslavia.

14. I’m a bit obsessed with dogs.

15. Every three months I throw my mobile phone out and buy a new one to start afresh.

Why would the parents nearly name them the same names? I don’t get it.

Related Posts

1 kenobi { 11.22.10 at 5:25 pm }

Apparently their dad made up the names Altijan and Altijana (spelling later Anglicised) using the letters of his murdered sister’s name.

2 TMC { 11.22.10 at 6:17 pm }

He may not of had any action for a long time but there is certainly a lot of wank in those 15 things I didn’t know about him

3 brain dead dave { 11.22.10 at 7:39 pm }

“I respect people too much to be blinded by the attention and I’m way too humble to get caught up in the media thing.”

He’s insulted viewers with his mediocre covers and smoke blowing. He’ll follow Wes and Stan into obscurity as night follows day.

4 Culinary Boner { 11.22.10 at 9:07 pm }

point14 is surely stolen from a Joel Monaghan interview?

5 Culinary Boner { 11.22.10 at 9:15 pm }

“I am fluent in the former Yugoslav language.”

wtf? it was always Serbo-Croatian, but with the some dialect differences (just like Italian differs across the nation) and different written alphabets but similar sounds for most things. So what’s he saying? He could speak Serbo-Croatian but now can’t speak either Serbian or Croatian? Or is talking about some secret language invented by Tito but unknown to the rest of us? Hands of the pud, Sunshine!

6 Reality Raver { 11.22.10 at 9:27 pm }

Kenobi – I am not sure what I think about that, it is a bit of an intense thing to land your kids with.

TMC – LOL I think you are right.

Brain Dead Dave – Well Ronan thinks Altiyan is going to be an international super star. Personally I am not so sure. What is Wes Carr up to? I know I should know the answer to that.

7 seepi { 11.22.10 at 10:35 pm }

My mother always says Yugoslavians are a bit intense/loopy.

Number 9 is a little odd too – I wonder if the friend is also hanging for a double date with Altiyan the committed celibate.

8 Izobel2 { 11.22.10 at 11:49 pm }

TMC – funniest thing i’ve read in a while!

9 brain dead dave { 11.22.10 at 11:50 pm }

Slav To The Rhythm..

10 reality raver { 11.23.10 at 10:41 am }

I suspect Altiyan will continue to get media coverage for some time. I wonder what his ex band members think of all of this.

11 Jaime { 11.23.10 at 7:25 pm }

Two Words ….. Serial Killer

12 Ollie Do { 11.24.10 at 9:04 am }

Forward to Nov 2011, who won x factor 2010??? cant remember.This guy must have stood in front of mirrors emulating Michael Hutchence, Bono etc perfecting their movements. Would be good if we could have seen something of his own work. his voice is quite good though but not enough to crack the tough o/s or Aust market, cause he’s face lets him down, he’s not pretty enough as the song goes. He is also unstable in his head to sustain whats about to come. look at Susan Boyle.

13 mrowe { 11.24.10 at 11:46 am }

wow…a lot of these comments are really negative…i think it says so much more about those who are making the judgments-their attitudes and values than the one whom they are judging. it is a shame that people try to close down what they don’t understand rather than just learning to live with or even love difference.

14 brain dead dave { 11.24.10 at 2:41 pm }

It’s a shame that you expect this to be like Oprah.com.

15 Jaime { 11.24.10 at 2:42 pm }

HA!

16 brain dead dave { 11.24.10 at 4:25 pm }

From the letters that Altiyan’s father had to work with he could have gone for Jailtan and hit the spot.

17 Angie { 11.24.10 at 6:06 pm }

“You don’t see things as they are, you see them as you are.”
Which means, negative things you’re saying is just a mirror of what kind of person you are.

18 Motz { 11.24.10 at 7:52 pm }

Those of you have passed such negative & judgemental views are obviously speaking from a very enlightened place!!?? I hear the peace, serenity & harmony that must reside deep within you!!
What sad existences you must lead, not being able to acknowledge another’s talent & success…why not apply that energy to doing something of good for others yourselves?? You poor sad creatures…

19 Jaime { 11.24.10 at 7:54 pm }

Taking peoples opinions so personally on a reality tv blog is perhaps the definition of a sad existance … grow up Motz

20 brain dead dave { 11.24.10 at 9:58 pm }

You’ve been watching too much Dr.Phil, Motz.

21 anon { 11.26.10 at 11:40 pm }

review on Altiyans old band. scroll down to artist biography

22 christa bradley { 11.27.10 at 10:53 pm }

My mother is Gretel and my uncle is Hansel, and my heritage is German, who ever understands why people choose names that they do, and yes my family or just maybe me is also whacky, so who knows.

23 TheLilynz { 11.30.10 at 10:08 pm }

I agree with Motz. Put all that pent up energy and anger you have at someone you don’t know into something positive. Help out at a homeless shelter, volunteer at the SPCA and put your jealousy aside. The man won, by public vote, doesn’t matter what you think, doesn’t matter if he’s around entertaining for one year or ten – I say good luck to him. Are you able to do what he does and win a national contest? No, I didn’t think so.

24 michael { 02.21.11 at 10:29 pm }

Altiyan,it dont matter if he is crazy,loopy,overacting,he is a ROCK STAR and he is welcome to it,look at Iggy Pop,Alice Cooper,Joe Cocker,all had their own styles and so does Altiyan,album is good but Id like to hear his own work on originals,BTW he is more than capable of that,his previous band Marsala attest to that.
Even in the realm of all the TV talent shows,he has been the best that have ever been and that in itself says something.
As for my own personal rating of him,best talent out of Oz for donkeys years!
Rock on mate!

25 marr { 03.16.11 at 10:38 pm }

You don’t think you’re all a bit harsh!!!!
You all sit back in your protected bubbles
Sitting behind a keyboard tap, tapping away
Do you even get out-side?
Making judgment on an Australian artists!!
Goddamn!!! Grow-up and get behind your Aussie artists!
What the hell is the matter with you…..Have you spent too much time inside your bubble? Are you tone deaf? We need to support our artists!! And goddamn whether you like it or not!!! WE ALL…..Need Altiyan Childs…he is a breath of fresh air!
A kind and gentile soul!!! Who just happens to have an awesome voice!!!
Go to one of his concerts!!! Before you make such harsh judgments!!!!!
Or are you frightened!!! You just might like him!!!!! Mmmmm!!!!
keep doing what your doing Altiyan!!!! as you ROCK, <3

26 Simo { 04.11.11 at 12:51 pm }

I was a huge fan, especially because “…there is no possibility of me being corrupted by drugs, women, the bright lights….any chance of that is over”, which seems rare in the sordid world of celebrity…

And then we hear that the police raided his and his manager’s home and found drugs, equipment to manufacture drugs, various guns and a taser. I don’t believe a word he says anymore, shame on him.

27 christa bradley { 04.11.11 at 3:52 pm }

That is sad Simo, because the media did sensationalize the stories to sell the paper. I know for a fact he moved out on the 23 March and the raid was on the 1 April. The house does not belong to Altiyan but is rented by Steve Gold’s girlfriend, that Altiyan was a boarder there and was there for only 3 months not 6 months. That the only belongings left in the property belonging to Altiyan was his merchandize as it wouldn’t fit in his siters car.
I know that Steve has been charged and that Altiyan was performing a gig the day before the raid in Canberra. I know that Altiyan posted a post on the Face book site long before the raid, stating they went seperate ways. My only sadness is that people are all to quick to believe the media and a accused who according to the paper has a 21 page history of criminal activity. Altiyan is guily, guilty of being naive and stupid for trusting this guy.