Beauty And The Geek – Michael and Jessica Win

The editors on Beauty and the Geek deserve a payrise, as each week I think “do I really have to watch this show”, but each week after two minutes I am completely sucked in.

I am not sure whether it is the likeable characters, the stupid challengers, or just the the fast pace of the show.

Michael and Jessica deserved to win as they were both lovely, But Michael may also have won the love prize with Tamika.I would be surprised if they do become an item.

Tamika was the real star of the show, with her Anna Nicole Smith looks, and her airhead but bubbly personality. She really needs to get her own show. Or worst case scenario a cover of FHM.

Channel Seven will be desperate to do another series. However  whether they can find the geeks will be the issue. Maybe they need to plumb the depths of Young Labor or Young Liberal’s for some “talent”.

1 Anonymous { 11.25.10 at 11:22 pm }

I think any of the top three deserved to win as they were all pretty nice and innocently funny in their own ways.
I really loved the race which had me on the floor lol, they all worked pretty hard. Well deserved, especially marlon who came outta no where and Hawaiian shirt geek who surprised me with his running. Well done geeks! Oh also poor Donna, but sucked in to fake geek Daniel.

2 Izobel2 { 11.25.10 at 11:52 pm }

I thoroughly enjoyed this season. I liked this final better than last years final. I didn’t really mind who won. I thought that the baby photo question could’ve been answered by my four year old daughter (who’s never seen the show) though, as it was just TOOOOOO easy!

3 par3182 { 11.26.10 at 12:15 am }

The “coming up on tonight’s episode” bit gave away who was going to be eliminated before the wedding challenge by showing the three brides in their dresses, completely draining any tension from the spelling/shoe/chariot challenge (what a crazy combo that was).

It was a little unfair in the final challenge that Tamika had to come up with three answers to the one question (naming the pets) when Jessica only had to come up with two answers in total.

4 Pangoulis { 11.26.10 at 6:25 am }

I too thought that the final baby photo question was designed for Jessica to get correct and far easier question than the “pets name” question. But having said that , I didn’t mind which couple won.

5 Wurstsemmel { 11.26.10 at 9:02 am }

Actually, last night I thought Bernard was looking more geeky than the geeks.

6 seepi { 11.26.10 at 10:13 am }

Michael and Jessie were just on the morning show with Bernard and Kylie.

Michael said he wondered if he was geeky enough to go on the show, but noone has accused him of being a fake geek yet – bless.

Jessie is going to spend her 50 grand on improving her dance school, travel and a house deposit. (Maths is not her strong suit.)

TAmika is going to make michael take her out to dinner, but they live in different cities, but keep in touch.

7 Culinary Boner { 11.26.10 at 11:02 am }

Agree on Bernard, Wurstsemmel. He wouldn’t look out of place in a Revenge of the Nerds remake as Gilbert – or as Hoover from Animal House.

Maybe the only way to get laid on Seven’s BATG set is to channel, and display, your inner-nerd. Afterall, with Jessie’s triple E puppies on constant display, I’m sure he was hoping for a toga party complete with conga line.

8 SED { 11.26.10 at 12:01 pm }

So ironic you made that Young Labor comment RR – my best friend and I are planning to apply next year as he is a member of Young Labor! While he is obviously a politicsgeek, I need to find mine – Marlon took the law student so maybe televisiongeek? Ratingsgeek? Hey its a one in eight shot of $100k and I know my pop culture incredibly well…

9 Anon { 11.26.10 at 3:45 pm }

That episode was so full of crap. The ending questions were totally unfair – Tamika has to remember six unique pet names while Jessie picks baby photo lookalikes?? Not to mention one is a free answer question while the other was multiple choice.

Last season absolutely killed this season. There was just so much that seemed ‘contrived’ about this season and the characters (especially the girls) were far more diverse and interesting in season 1.

10 Neil { 11.27.10 at 8:18 am }

For me it is not a case of who won or loss, or how fair the questions were. The money and the winner is inmaterial.

This show is all about the transformation. The Geeks seem to get the best out of this process. It is somehow reassuring to see the innocence and child like reaction they have to events that most of us take for granted. I love the Geeks!

11 geeb { 12.06.10 at 4:46 pm }

I certainly hope they do have another season. I stumbled on this gem. I watched the US seasons when they were on a few years ago and thought the show/concept was over and done. As in the US shows, there were a few fake geeks, oh well.

As for the contestants, i thought most of them came off looking pretty good. I didn’t like Ellynie-May at first because she didn’t participate much but she really turned around and came out like a rock star by the end. I think she, jessie, and tamika came across as genuinely good people. good on them. For the guys, Marlon and Micheal are probably the winners there. Thomas was very odd throughout the show.

It’s too bad they don’t do an after show like Survivor where you can see how they are and hear them speak as they really are, as unedited as possible.

12 Izobel2 { 12.06.10 at 5:02 pm }

Hey Geeb did u watch the US season with the evil blonde bombshell Cee Cee??? She was nasty. I think that was Season 2. And season 1 think was with short Richard, the ultimate Geek. I love this show, whether it be US or Aus!

13 geeb { 12.06.10 at 7:01 pm }

wow, you have a good memory. Yeah, i did see all of the US shows but for me, they all aired a long time ago so I don’t remember any names or what they were like on the show. Okay, that’s not true. I remember “Brad” the fake geek on one show, and Megan Hauserman who went on to do a few more reality shows. Great show for sure. There was at least one season of B&G UK too, watch it if you can. You’re in AU?

14 Izobel2 { 12.06.10 at 7:18 pm }

Yeah I live in Oz. The US versions used to be on really late at night here. Haven’t seen the UK one. I’d like to though. Oh yeah I remember Brad. He was definitely no geek!

15 geeb { 12.07.10 at 8:23 pm }

Well, I hope the next season doens’t take a whole year to put together. I have a friend in Perth. brenz. know her? haha.