Altiyan Childs – Not Everyone Liked Him In The House

Chart shock ...  X Factor winner Altiyan Childs.

Congratulations to Altiyan Childs, winner of The X Factor, for debuting his single “Somewhere In The Night” at number 8 on the Aria charts.

But he is still creating controversy in his many media interviews.

In an interview with TV WEEK he said he was shunned by some of the other contestants.

The article said:

You’ve claimed you were shunned by some of the other contestants from day one – does that make your victory even sweeter?

I have to be honest: yes. To deal with the politics from the others was hard. I won’t name names, but I didn’t get any apologies, and I didn’t even get congratulated by some of the contestants when I won!

What was their issue?

I don’t know…. I think there was some sort of intimidation. I can definitely say there was poetic justice [with the result].

Who knows which of the other contestants didn’t like him. A big Altiyan fan on twitter thinks Kharizma, India-Rose, and Mitchell Smith did not look too thrilled at the finale.

1 rocky star { 11.30.10 at 8:31 am }

Bout time the truth came out!

There you go ……. Maybe the world should know what the others were like

2 Culinary Boner { 11.30.10 at 9:28 am }

More spoof anyone?

3 rocky star { 11.30.10 at 9:32 am }

I know of some of the stuff that happened in the house, but it is not my place to say a word.

4 Gillian { 11.30.10 at 11:15 am }

@ rocky star – c’mon, spill! Enquiring minds want to know and if you don’t know, just make it up haha.

5 rocky star { 11.30.10 at 11:32 am }

Nah I promised I wouldnt say a word……

6 Culinary Boner { 11.30.10 at 1:25 pm }

Now sing after me…#ahem#
Somewhere in the night
My weiner lies crying
Listing to the right
With the sperm inside dying
…..

7 brain dead dave { 11.30.10 at 3:11 pm }

Here’s another verse,CB

Somewhere in the night
I’m hiding the tears
My only talent
Is no root for eight years

8 Giselle { 11.30.10 at 6:34 pm }

Well I know for a fact that the top 6 girls who didn’t get in; Olivia and Max were having a bitch about him on facebook. Sounds like sour grapes to me

9 amy { 11.30.10 at 7:09 pm }

i got the feeling there was sour grapes. what a bunch of bitches. sorry but they are. Bad losers.

10 Lettie { 11.30.10 at 8:30 pm }

I’ve watched Altiyan’s epic win a few times and noticed that only a few of the past contestants were smiling. On one hand, many of the past contestants probably felt internally upset and bitter on that night, but otherwise, I still feel sorry for Altiyan and am all the more happy he won <3

11 kenobi { 11.30.10 at 9:37 pm }

As far as his bullies go I could be way off but I’ve ruled out Mahogany, James, Amanda, Sally, Andrew, Hayley, Luke & Joel, and at least one half of Kharizma.

12 Reality Raver { 11.30.10 at 9:53 pm }

13 bella vita { 11.30.10 at 11:37 pm }

Andrew looked less than thrilled after being eliminated and even couldnt crack when the A won.
Interesting to watch back in slow mo
and Im guessing No Kharisma and India Hose didnt like anyone but themselves

14 rocky star { 12.01.10 at 6:49 am }

@kenobi – very very close…….but not close enough LOL

15 Gillian { 12.01.10 at 8:21 am }

I’m sure at 35, Alityan could really care less about what others in the house thought about him. It’s not nice but you just do your own thing and don’t let other people’s issues and insecurities become your own.

16 kenobi { 12.01.10 at 3:56 pm }

@rocky star – is it out of the acts I didn’t rule out, and/or did I rule out someone I shouldn’t have? 😉

17 rocky star { 12.01.10 at 8:52 pm }

@ kenobi – i can count on one hand the amount that was right/wrong.

18 kenobi { 12.02.10 at 5:45 pm }

Hmm. Ok, here is my reasoning on all the contestants. We can figure this out, dammit! 😛

Sally: Altiyan said they got close in the last 10 days or so and that she had a good attitude. Sounds like they didn’t have a lot to do with each other earlier in the series but that doesn’t point to any hostility.

Andrew: I think Altiyan said they were pretty good friends and Andrew was happy for him, but upset not to at least be runner-up.

Mahogany: Altiyan’s favourite girls. He’s made a point of saying that they welcomed him from Day 1. It’s definitely not them.

Luke & Joel: Seemed genuinely happy for Altiyan. I also remember them patting him on the back and stuff when Lleyton Hewitt and George Houvardas said they were Altiyan fans. Obviously I don’t know L&J but they don’t come across as the bitching type.

Hayley: Didn’t see them interact much, but after her elimination, Hayley praised Altiyan’s performances and songwriting. She also posted on his Facebook page that she thought he’d win and hoped so.

India: Didn’t really see any interaction between her and Altiyan.

Mitchell: Ditto.

Amanda: Obviously she and James were very close and I always wondered if that meant excluding Altiyan. But they seemed to get along on Xtra Factor… and Altiyan has said he thinks Amanda is “world class” and in the top 3 webcast he cited one of her performances as his favourite of all the contestants’. On the other hand, Max posted “Had an amazing weekend at the X factor grande Finale!!! well done Altiyan!!!!!!” on her Facebook page and Manda replied with “Eww, really? You’re too nice :)” so don’t know what the deal is there.

Kharizma: Didn’t see much interaction between them and Altiyan during the show. After they were eliminated, Soria posted “Love you Alty, love Kharizma” or something like that on his FB page, hence why I didn’t think it was them, but who knows.

James: Has the kind of personality that could be at odds with Altiyan’s. But James lists Masonia (Altiyan’s old band) as a “like” on FB and says he’s a great songwriter. In the webcast, Altiyan named James as the contestant other than Mahogany that he missed most in the house.

Chris: Wasn’t around long enough for me to glean anything.

19 rocky star { 12.02.10 at 6:07 pm }

@Kenobi – You got three right there

20 kenobi { 12.02.10 at 6:57 pm }

@rocky star – lol if I only got 3 right, then how is that anywhere near “very very close”? 😛 Mahogany are the only ones I’m certain were not shunning him. And I remember him saying in the contestants’ blog that the atmosphere in the house had “never been sweeter” or words to that effect, and he was the last contestant to post a blog, so presumably it’d be the acts who left earlier. Everyone from Luke & Joel down..?

21 kenobi { 12.02.10 at 7:30 pm }

Actually, I’m going to say it’s out of the bottom 6.

22 zandilyn { 12.02.10 at 10:05 pm }

Reality Raver, you say ‘He was the oldest person in the house, it is a worry he could handle a few upstart young ‘uns.’

I don’t really see that as a point. I have lived in a shared house before and I can tell you it is very difficult with different peoples standards, personalities etc.

Not all people take responsibility and some can be very inconsiderate. So I could easily understand conflicts.

23 zandilyn { 12.02.10 at 10:51 pm }

you also asked ‘ Who knows which of the other contestants didn’t like him.’

I guess anyone has the right to not like someone or a performers style of music, but a couple of the earlier contestants were noticed for being bitchy on facebook as said above. (I did see the comments, and I do still have the comments stored in a safe place)

Other than that it is ashame that people enjoy publicly bagging people, just because they may not like them or they are just poor losers

24 rocky star { 12.03.10 at 8:35 am }

@kenobi – you are getting closer

25 zandilyn { 12.03.10 at 1:46 pm }

other than Max and Olivia I would take a guess at India-Rose, Mitchell and perhaps James and Amanda

26 kenobi { 12.03.10 at 6:13 pm }

Hmm, I think I might go with zandilyn. Hot, cold?

27 rocky star { 12.03.10 at 10:06 pm }

mmm sounds familiar @kenobi…..

28 laura { 12.15.10 at 10:11 am }

i would like to say to Altiyan, do not bother what people think of you. just do what you think is the reason why people voted on you. you cannot make everyone happy or be your friend. try to find a good manager to promote your music