Chez and Brenton’s Apartment Still On The Market

The the SMH The Guide section is correct Chez and Brenton’s apartment from The Block is still not sold, and let us hope when it does they get some money from the sale.

Because if the TV WEEK is correct the engaged couple are in a bit of trouble financially.

The article said:

Having to ‘pass in” at the auction after being the only couple not to hit their reserve was especially devastating for Chez and Brenton, 27, given that they’re financially in the red.

“We’re about $25,000 in debt, so we’re in a bit of trouble,” Chez 28, tells TV WEEK. “I quit my job for the show, so we’re on struggle street.

“I understand this is real estate and that’s the way the cookie crumbles, but we thought that after doing all this hard work we might be able to have a bit of a break. But we’re Aussie battlers – we’ll continue on.”

Chez adds that they “might have to” put their March wedding on hold until they  have more money but hopes that isn’t the case.

“Some things don’t go the way you want them to, but everything happens for a reason. We’ve had a great time, so it’s all good,” she reasons.

If Chez wants to get married she should go on Four weddings for a fee, or sell her wedding to one of the gossip mags like Erin and Jake did.

Erin and Jake are in this week’s Woman’s Day. In a previous interview they said they were having a small wedding and that is why the other teams from The Block were not invited. However in the article they said they had 130 guests. Is that small these days?

Anyway for The Block fans you will be pleased to know the producers are looking for another block in either Sydney or Melbourne for next year’s series.

1 Shelsta78 { 11.29.10 at 11:14 pm }

$25 K in debt? Pft – who isn’t and then some and I don’t even own a house!

2 Wurstsemmel { 11.30.10 at 7:39 am }

I don’t think Chez really has any inkling of the meaning of struggle street.

3 smauge { 11.30.10 at 7:42 am }

The show is a gamble. If they were hoping it would be an answer to their financial problems well boohoo.

4 SteveMolk { 11.30.10 at 8:22 am }

A Melbourne “The Block” would be awesome.

The use of language in the TV Week article is interesting – “battlers”, “struggle street”. Sure, we get an edited persona delivered to us when we watch reality television, however in the instance of these two I’m no so sure we did. What we saw is who they are. I, for one, didn’t like them. This poor attempt at currying favour from the public or veiled promotion to sell their place makes me like them even more.

Reality TV is not a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and any contestant who takes part beleiving that it will be is wildly mistaken.

5 MelbaToast { 11.30.10 at 8:54 am }

I do feel for Chez & Brenton having worked so hard and gotten nothing in return. A show like this is a gamble, but no other property has every failed to make the contestants money.

Good old Erin & Jake, still telling lies to the bitter end.

6 Culinary Boner { 11.30.10 at 9:30 am }

Ahhh….she’s such a little Aussie battleaxe.

7 Gillian { 11.30.10 at 11:18 am }

These two seemed very popular but I didn’t like them at all. I found them very annoying to be honest.

8 scruffnkelsmum { 11.30.10 at 10:41 pm }

I still don’t think we saw half of the shenanigans that went on, both with and without the producers knowledge or hand in it.

…And to be fair, most weddings are planned well in advance, so if they were getting married a few days after the show finished, their plans and guest list would have been done waaaaay before this. Yes, I am standing up for them, because I think all the couples probably broke/bent a few (or more) rules and mayhaps Jake & Erin’s were broadcast to get the ratings….and it worked didn’t it.

I for one, thought Brenton seemed ok and hard working, but thought Chez was fake and whiny….. again, this could all be how they were portrayed.

But it would be nice if ALL were given the benefit of the doubt, not just some (Chez & Brenton’s builder mate anyone???)

9 Chez and Brenton Have Sold Their Apartment | reality ravings { 11.30.10 at 10:53 pm }

[…] So the wedding is back on I expect. Read about that tale of woe here. […]