Chris Badenoch Is As Non-Discriminating With His Meat As He Is With His Women

Chris Badenoch is currently doing the rounds promoting his cookbook The Entire Beast.

In this interview in City Weekly Chris reveals that his views on meat appears to be similar to his approach to women.

He states:

“I don’t discriminate between animals,” says Chris Badenoch. ‘‘There are too many tasty ones.”

Chris received notoriety for romancing fellow Masterchef Australia contestant Julia Jenkins as well has having a few women on the outside as well.  For the record he is still with Julia.

He also is pretty hands on with his meat:

“As long as the animal’s lived a happy and free-range life and was slaughtered humanely, that’s what matters.”

“People these days are so desensitised to the fact they’re eating animal and they don’t like anything to look like the animal,” he says. “But people shouldn’t eat meat if they can’t cope with where it’s from and what it is.”

Badenoch says that buying whole animals, rather than separate parts, is also a “smarter and cheaper way to buy”. “If you just buy a chicken breast, you also don’t know what the rest of the animal looked like – you can’t see its quality.”

Badenoch says he got the ideas for his recipes from a combination of the cookbooks he owns, eating at different restaurants and talking to butchers. “And once you get to a certain point, you can just see a piece of meat or a bit of produce and use your imagination to come up with ideas.”

Chris is also opening a beer eating establishment Josie Bones with Julia, the website says it will be opening before Christmas so they better get to it.

1 Injera { 12.07.10 at 1:42 pm }

I’m pretty sure it’s already opened… Em tweeted this yesterday:

Just walked past on my way back from lunch and there was a recognisable hat-clad man in the dining room.

2 reality raver { 12.07.10 at 1:44 pm }

Oh were there customers. I will be so going there next time I am in Melbourne

3 MelbaToast { 12.07.10 at 1:46 pm }

Is it in Sydney? I couldn’t find an address when looking on their website.

4 Culinary Boner { 12.07.10 at 1:53 pm }

Hey Raver, lay off Chris will ya!
Kidney’s for breakkie, as he mentions in the full article, sounds pretty cool as far as I am concerned. So what if he’s a believer in free-range shagging. Just a long he does it humanely. What with all that red meat and them red corpuscles running through his system, I’m sure he’s humanely putting Julie outta her misery nightly. Maybe Altiyan needs to go and get a feed at Josie Bones.

5 Injera { 12.07.10 at 1:54 pm }

Just had a quick glance – don’t know if they’re open for lunch. MelbaToast – they are in Smith Street, in Collingwood, so you’ll have to come to visit!

6 ericg { 12.07.10 at 2:07 pm }

Don’t mind me asking, if Chris’ “views on meat appears to be similar to his approach to women” does that mean if it is reversed, women are like meat?

Anyway, I like his way of promoting free-range and humane slaughtering process. Well done.

7 Culinary Boner { 12.07.10 at 3:13 pm }

good point ericg, perhaps RR is sub-consciously channeling her inner Imam Hilaly? The controversial former Sydney-based islamic cleric boofhead who compared women in western attire to “uncovered meat”. I’m sure though that this is not entirely what she meant, but Chris B’s story seems to be primarily about meat and sex and…oh… beer.
Maybe Chris should reprise Ian Dury’s famous “Sex and Drugs and RocknRoll” and follow in Julie Goodwin’s footsteps with a CD including a rollocking rendition of:-
“Meat and Sex and Tooheys Old…
is all my brain and body need…
meat and sex and tooheys old..
is very good indeed”.

8 brain dead dave { 12.07.10 at 5:18 pm }

Hash browns and bacon strips
I love the way that you shake your hips
Side order…could be your daughter
Finger lickin’ good