Survivor Nicaragua – Is Naonka Worse Then Russell?

Everyone was pointing the finger at super scrag Naonka for not sacrificing her spot on the reward challenge to give the tribe rice and a tarp considering she was going to quit, but why wasn’t anyone having a crack at Dan about it as well.

Dan who did not even compete in the reward challenge, and has been completely fucking useless the whole game because of his bung leg and low energy level manages to just cruise through to the hot dogs. He did not even look like he was contemplating not going.

I wonder when someone is going to make a move on him or will he just keep on cruising to the top 3 as people will think he would never be voted the $ 1 million.

Yes it was poor form of Naonka and it raises the question on whether she is more evil than Russell?

Also what I don’t get is when Purple Kelly  and Naonka decided they wanted to quit, why could they just go, why did they have to wait another day and night to leave. I can only presume the producers asked them to wait. Just as well they always overcast the show as they know people leave because of injuries or are just fed up.

However I wish it meant the two last people evicted were brought back in. Now that would mix it up. Also because they quit there was no immunity challenge, which meant we had to sit through more promo stuff for the movie they were seeing Gulliver’s Travels. I love Jack Black but that looked like shite.

The blue team won the reward challenge, and their prize was to see a movie, and eat hotdogs and nachos. However as always there is a catch and Jeff Probst said if one person sat it out the tribe could have enough rice to eat for the rest of their time on the island and a new tarp as they had burned the other one down.

Holly in the end stepped out of the reward, but unfortunately for her these sacrifices don’t necessarily translate into jury votes. But she is playing a smart game, as soon as she realised Kelly and Naonka were off the island she was shoring up an alliance. Jane is smart enough to be sitting in her slip stream so she doesn’t look like the one making the moves.

At this stage I cannot see Jane losing, the only one who can take the $1 million from her is Fabio.

By the way loved the rain at tribal council, Jeff Probst looked sensational in a wet shirt, something the stylist should make happen each episode. Again Jeff also showed his feisty side at tribal council, it is like he is wanting to get off the island as well or he just is sick of some of the players behaviour.

Here is Jeff Probst’s blog where he also points out Naonka and Purple Kelly still get to sit on the jury even though they quit. This could have ramifications in the end as they were not double crossed like most/all of the other that will be sitting their voting. But as he explains there was a precedent in a previous episode.

Here are some interviews with Purple Kelly and Naonka. One from The Examiner, and another on Entertainment MSN where strangely enough they both say they would play the game again.

1 MolksTVTalk { 12.08.10 at 11:09 pm }

Yes Dan is useless, but Naonka wouldn’t know strategy unless it steppped up and punched her in the face.

2 Colls Bolls { 12.09.10 at 10:12 am }

Loved this episode. I admit to being shocked that Naonka wouldn’t give up her reward but really, it was stupid of me as she has been nothing but self centred and lacking in strategy since day one. Of course she was always going to go on the reward and would not be able to understand other people’s frustration at her.
I hadn’t thought of the Dan side of things though…good call RR

3 Anonymous { 12.09.10 at 10:20 am }

probst told dan he could not give up his place for the rice

4 seepi { 12.09.10 at 10:30 am }

Naonkais a nutbag. One second she is saying she can still win, 5 seconds later she quits altogether.

Last night gave Gen y a very bad name. The only thing those two can survive is a 5 star hotel.

5 sourkraut { 12.09.10 at 1:47 pm }

Gen Y already has a bad name!!!!!!!!!!
That Naonka honestly thought she could win if she stayed makes the words “Yer far king joking” seem like the understatement of the year unless the words are also applied to the wonderful marvellous mr Assange’s alleged misdemeanours.
I’d now like to see Fabio win cause Dan is a lazy sod, Jane is an ole mole, sash is an eotistical backstabber (but I guess they all are) holly is a shoe stealing wally and the rest are MEH bland

6 CollsBolls { 12.09.10 at 6:31 pm }

Just rewatched the episode with my daughter. Jeff specifically said the winners of the challenge and named them individually so Dan couldn’t have sat out of the reward even if he wanted to

7 Reality Raver { 12.09.10 at 7:40 pm }

eek my whole post is wrong except the fact that Dan is useless and cruising through. He gets to sit out the challenge and go on the reward without have to wrestle with his inner morality. This guy is lucky

8 Suzanne { 12.09.10 at 11:40 pm }

Dan has been lucky, but I wonder if the others are being played. He may well get to the end, and say “but this was my strategy, I outplayed you all, ’cause here I am!”
There is nothing I have heard Naonka say that doesn’t make her sound like a selfish, spoiled brat that will always come up with a self-justifying excuse for her behaviour.
And as for Purple Kelly? As bland as blancmange – she couldn’t even quit on her own!

9 Duke Nukem { 12.10.10 at 7:50 am }

naonka, completely delusional with reptile brain … but also such a hoot (on a t.v. show only)!
i enjoyed gasping in disbelief and shock at her actions and words.
you could never invent a such a character!
it’s disturbing to know such people exist, but i think she is only fooling herself.
the tarp and rice deal was clearly the producers offering her a chance to redeem herself and yet she couldn’t see the bigger benefit she stood to gain from a smaller sacrifice. what a fool she is!

10 Duke Nukem { 12.10.10 at 7:52 am }

it also goes to show that bullies are weak underneath

11 sourkraut { 12.10.10 at 1:20 pm }

I would love to see Jiffy jeffy “moral high ground” anal Probe as a contestant on survivor, rather than making uninformed comments from the safety of the Ponderosa peanut gallery. Poor soul, he actually got his shirt “designer” wet at the last tribal council. What a guy!

12 seepi { 12.10.10 at 2:16 pm }

Survior is all a bit too Designer for me these days. They lost it when they started to install coffee machines in the ‘huts’ and have movie nights with hot dogs etc. I liked it better when they lived on rice and won blankets etc.

13 Colls Bolls { 12.13.10 at 9:54 am }

They never seem to be in locations where they can get a glean a lot of food any more. I loved that series where one of the rewards was a local who taught the survivors what was edible in the area, it was amazing.

14 Colls Bolls { 12.14.10 at 1:45 pm }

RR – this is off topic I know but I just wanted to mention how wrapped I was that Seth Aaron won Project Runway. I loved his stuff!