My Kitchen Rules Will Kick Off The 2011 Ratings Season For Seven

Channel Seven can expect a strong start to the 2011 ratings season as My Kitchen Rules will be starting late January/early February. This show debut this year to solid ratings, but any food show in Australia who does not get Masterchef Australia viewer figures is automatically called a flop. Teams from each State compete to win the title. This time around a team from Tasmainia is involved.

If cannot wait to see Manu Feidel and Pete Evans check out the new promo above.

Hopefully the much anticipated Conviction Kitchen also gets screened early in the new year. The show hosted by Ian Curley is about training former criminals in the hospitality industry, either in the kitchen or front of house in a restaurant in Brisbane just opened for the show. The official press release calls in a documentary series, but I call it reality TV.

Other shows on Seven will be the Australian version on The Amazing Race hosted by Grant Bowler. This is currently being filmed.

No news on whether The X Factor will return, however no one is bothering to ask if Iron Chef Australia will be making a second season. With its poor ratings there is no way it will be renewed.

Other shows that will be seen on the small screen next year are Dancing With The Stars, Beauty And The Geek, Four Weddings, Australia’s Got Talent,World’s Strictest Parents, Border Security and RPA.

1 Paul { 12.14.10 at 8:45 am }

I’m going to call it early and predict that this will be its final season due to disappointing ratings.

2 sourkraut { 12.14.10 at 1:02 pm }

Paul
I disagree
I found this show to be more interesting, less rigged (although not without some fiddles), and quite a lot less IRRITATING than your channel’s Mastercrap. One of the main sources of frustration with MKR was thr drooling of the girlies over compere because of his accent. Yes I am jealous.. what a grumpy old man!
Anyhoo with a few small adjustments (I cant remember my suggestions) I think MKR can be a real winner

3 Wurstsemmel { 12.14.10 at 1:45 pm }

Manu, Manu, drool, drool.

Just for Sourkraut’s benefit. Hee.

I actually prefer MKR too after this last season of Masterchef.

4 SteveMolk { 12.15.10 at 8:54 am }

The ratings for MKR weren’t poor as a stand alone show, but nowhere near the heights of MasterChef (adult or Junior). There’s some tweaks needed for MKR to really take off – if made it’ll be spectacular, if we get the same as 2010 then it’ll be watchable.

5 par3182 { 12.15.10 at 2:59 pm }

Will TAR Australia displace TAR All Stars? I hope they don’t delay the latter.

6 Andrea { 02.01.11 at 9:13 pm }

I love cooking show’s but sorry, I think this show comes across really negative and I think I’m done with it.

7 Rick { 02.09.11 at 8:25 pm }

Mel is so negative! Get a life women!