The Donald May Be Running For President

The primaries for the Republican presidential candidate is shaping up to be a battle of the reality TV stars, Donald Trump and Sarah Palin.

Donald who has starred in numerous series of The Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice according to the SMH has said he will definitely be putting his hat in the ring.

The other high profile Republican potential candidate is Sarah Palin who had her reality show set in her home state of Alaska cancelled. Sarah Palin’s profile was continuing to rise with the Tea Party, however the shootings in Arizona this week will hopefully tarnish her, as she was behind a website which has guns marked on certain states on a website. I mean seriously what sane person does that?

Maybe Donald a more liberal New Yorker is trying to wrestle the Republican’s back from the far right . If you think that a reality star cannot become President, remember Ronald Reagan a B-grade actor made it.

1 Reality Tidbits – Monday Night Edition | reality ravings { 01.10.11 at 10:53 pm }

[…] Australian welder John Parton is a huge star after appearing in the UK Big Brother. (Source. News.com.au) […]

2 Sourkraut { 01.11.11 at 12:07 am }

The mind boggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raver forget this utter unmitigated piffle and watch the Greek version of My Kitchen rules on SBS3 at 6:30pm weekdays. It’s called “Come Dine With Me: Greece”. You have to read the sub-titles but its very interesting and entertaining.
At the moment one of the cooks is a blonde so awful that even the sourest of sourkrauts cannot take to her. I look forward to when her cooking/hospitality gets judged.
Please lemmme know what you think of it.

3 reality raver { 01.11.11 at 8:42 am }

Sourkraut – I caught the last 15 mins last night and agree with your assessment of the blonde. I will watch the full thing tonight and blog an assessment.

I love the fact that SBS are showing reality TV shows even if they are subtitled…

4 Anonymous { 01.11.11 at 10:26 am }

He’s a teeny bit more than a reality star! er…. Trump. Look it up.

5 seepi { 01.11.11 at 11:02 am }

Yes – that blonde woman was a lunatic. Who goes to dinner and sits there making rude toddler faces at every offering of food?

The food looked ok, but there was way too much of it. Rolls, chestnut soup, huge plates of black pasta and gold leaf, prawn rolls (and the only vegetable – an asparagus spear), then custard.

Clearly the Greeks are not vegie and fruit lovers. Last week’s meal didt’ seem to have a single thing that wasn’t meat or cheese.

the host took way too long to organise the food – the guests were left so snoop around the house while she messed around in the kitchen. and she dressed up way too much – they were all in casual wear and she had a ball gown on. Her enormous floral decor was funny too – especially when the Cretan caught his long hair in it!

I think the boobs were real – she was a larger lady. I think the boob enhancing dress was a mistake.

Last week’s group of guests seemed more interesting, but I’ll give this week’s lot another go and see how they turn out.

6 sourkraut { 01.11.11 at 1:33 pm }

Boobs? Wot Boobs? yes they were a tad gratuitous.
Agree last weeks guests were more interesting and reasonably charming in their own way.
Problem with all shows like this is the timing of who goes up first and then the following order of contestants, as it leaves too much room for revenge judgement. I’ll be interested to see last nights host’s score of the blonde tonite.

7 sourkraut { 01.11.11 at 1:37 pm }

Raver
I usually only catch the last 30 minutes, as I have become addicted to “Bargain Hunt”, but this is also becoming too predictable. I know the Brits are “crackpots” but is crockery all that ever gets bought at antique shows

8 Reality Raver { 01.12.11 at 3:13 pm }

Again I missed it last night but I have plugged it in for tonight….

I have to confess that about 5 years ago I was addicted to Bargain Hunt the only problem being I watched so many episodes I still cannot bear to watch it.

9 seepi { 01.12.11 at 9:54 pm }

Last night looked really interesting – they gave her scores like 2 and 3 out of 10! I missed a lot and couldn’t work out why she scored so low. the main was incredibly raw steaks, but something else must have happened.

I like this show, but it is on at kiddy bedtime, so I am destined to only see bits and pieces.

I watched heaps of bargain hunt when I was in hospital having a baby. I still like it!

10 Sourkraut { 01.12.11 at 10:00 pm }

Last night the villyun got her just reewards. She cooked a steak straight out of Barry Mackenzie’s cook-book, ie, take your cow, wipe its bottom, knock off its horns and bung it on the plate. Yuck. Her average score after that effort was 3.5
Anyhoo i worked out why even as a blonde villain or not i could not stand her. The top does not match the tail

Re bargain hunt, the contestants are consistently Burkes who invariably make a loss by paying dealers ridiculously high prices for junque and then expect to make a profit at auctions. What a joke! i used to go to garage sales and it used to give me the utter craps seeing the low prices that parasite dealers paid for things and then occasionally these things would turn up in their ante- kew shops with a minimum mark-up of 1000%. BAH HUMBUG