Come Dine With Me Australia Starts Monday 17th January

When I found out Come Dine With Me Australia had cast a person of short stature aka a dwarf, in the latest series it did cross my mind the show may have jumped the shark.

Thankfully it has not and it continues to be compulsive viewing.

The show based on the UK version where five strangers take turns each night to cook each other a meal with the others scoring them out of ten. The winner receives $2000.

The key to this show is the casting and Granada Media who produce the program are masters. They ensure the mix of people is different enough to create frission around the dining table and amusement for the viewer.

Ironically for a cooking show there is no requirement for the contestants to be able to cook, they only have to think they can.

I suspect Lifestyle Channel screen the best of the series in the first week to hook us in, as the episodes this weeks are crackers.

The eclectic group includes Leonie, a landscape artist, musician and medium, Mary Harding a poet and writer who has an amazing perfume collection and a room with a view, Lance an embalmer, Shane a ocker butcher, and Amy the dwarf who impersonates Lady Gaga.

I’ll leave it up to you to decide who you like or loathe, but it continually changes throughout the week. If you get Lifestyle Channel watch it from Monday 17th January at 8.30pm, five nights a week.

Recaps will also be posted on the blog, because I am sure a lot of people are going to have opinions about this week’s cast.

1 TMC { 01.17.11 at 11:18 am }

I know someone who is one this season.
None of those who you have mentioned, have glimpsed her on a promo though.

2 Reality Raver { 01.17.11 at 11:52 am }

TMC – Oh cannot wait for that week. Can they cook?

3 Paul { 01.17.11 at 12:05 pm }

They seem to be going a bit OTT with their choice of contestants.

The best CDWM’s are the ones where you see how what seems to be normal, sane people react when put under pressure.

4 Reality Raver { 01.17.11 at 1:01 pm }

The mix is pretty good. I think contestants go on the show for a few reasons.

1. To promote themselves or a project;
2. Because they think they are a good cook;
3. For the experience.

5 Reality Raver { 01.17.11 at 1:02 pm }

Paul – the above response was meant for you. Also after seeing this week I am still unsure what I think of most of them. It is interesting and great editing.

6 TMC { 01.17.11 at 7:32 pm }

RR- Have no idea is a client at my paying job.
My thoughts of her from the limited amount I know about her.

Does not want anything o do withh ppl who she deems to be beneath her

Bad time management to the detrement and them blame to others.

Big suckhole to ones she feels are above her

Cooking – no idea

7 Reality Raver { 01.17.11 at 8:00 pm }

She sounds like the perfect contestant for this show.

8 bella vita { 01.17.11 at 8:28 pm }

Can’t wait for this to start tonight. They had some cracker people on last season. I was thinking of applying but didn’t want a bunch of people turning up to my house in case I got the loose screws (and there were a few last time!)

9 Reality Raver { 01.17.11 at 9:21 pm }

Bella Vita – Please apply for next season you would be great.

10 davsimp { 01.21.11 at 12:23 am }

What is with that poisonous dwarf? She has done nothing but slag off the other contestants. Shane cooked a brilliant meal on this evenings show and she rated him poorly because he had a different opinion to her about gay marriage. She slagged off Mary because in her words “she thinks her shit don’t stink” I cannot wait until tomorrow to see what masterful creation she puts up…for her sake it had better be good.