This Is Why I Refuse To Watch Toddler and Tiaras

Regular readers of this blog would know that my tolerance for crap TV is pretty high, I can watch Snooki drink tequila out of guidos belly buttons, and I can watch Essex girls get vajazzled, however there is one show I refuse to watch and that is Toddler and Tiaras.

The above clip of a mother getting her 5 year old’s eyebrows waxed makes me feel sick to the stomach. By even watching the show is encourage the producers to continue to make the series. I know the beauty pageant industry is big in the US, however personally I think they should have their children taken away from them or pageants for under 16’s should be banned.

The camera trailling these women is probably an extra incentive for them to push their kids into this sick and perverted industry.

1 brain dead dave { 01.17.11 at 6:40 pm }

I wouldn’t be watching either. It would seem to appeal only to stage mothers , paedophiles and Donald Trump.

2 MelbaToast { 01.17.11 at 7:02 pm }

That’s pretty much my reaction to an eyebrow waxing too – ouch! This show and the whole child pageant industry are totally idiotic. These kids loose their childhood and I’m sure more than a few of them grow up to be spoilt princesses.

3 bella vita { 01.17.11 at 8:26 pm }

You would interested to know that the Universal Royalty pageant as featured on the show along with Eden Wood are coming to Melbourne in July. Should be interesting..

4 CG { 01.17.11 at 9:17 pm }

Unfortunately, this is one of the most realistic reality shows on the air. Many American moms, especially in the South, are just as portrayed on this show!

I’ve seen the show a few times. My impression was the moderator – and the director (ie camera shots and storylines) – are actually taking the piss out of the mothers and families that subject their children to this abuse.

5 Reality Raver { 01.17.11 at 9:18 pm }

BDD – I had thought about the paedophiles but not The Donald, but I think you are right. If he runs for president they will be his prime voter base.

Melbatoast – I just think they get a skewed sense of life, and lose their childhood. Parents are morons.

Bella vita – oh no.

6 Reality Raver { 01.17.11 at 9:24 pm }

CG – They maybe taking the piss out of the mothers, but as you said conversely the kids are having the piss taken out of them, I really think it is wrong. I just cannot watch it as it depresses me. It is a pity more reality shows don’t have that effect on me….

7 KC { 01.17.11 at 9:57 pm }

ohhh gawdddd…That mum is brutal!

8 Culinary Boner { 01.18.11 at 12:07 pm }

This stuff, and these shows, plainly constitute child abuse. Why aren’t obsessive child abuse crusaders like Hetty Johnson taking on this shite? Or is such abuse ok provided is done by your parents…oh, and doesn’t involve ‘artistic pics’ that paedos could whack off to, as with the Sydney Children’s Hospital controversy a few weeks ago?

9 Sourkraut { 01.19.11 at 9:24 pm }

I’d love to be able to say only in america, but I shudder to think that there are probably bogans in Oz that would do the same thing.
Are there not child abuse laws in the Anointed states?