Come Dine With Me – Is There Romance In The Air?

I find it interesting that Mary and Shane are having a flirtation who would have thought? I bet after seeing the footage of what Shane is saying that Mary is regretting this interaction.

Though I wonder if this is outward persona of Shane the yob? But maybe the Paula Abdul song is correct and opposites attract.

Mary’s food did look good, though I was not sure about her poetry. She is not published is she?

Her lamb cutlet was cooked to perfection. The Moussaka looked OK, and dessert looked delicious but light.

One thing that did cross my mind was if Aimee was going to be chef, she did not have a very sophisticated palate. No pork, no lamb, she did not like the dessert, but then she did not really like Mary so maybe that was colouring her judgement of the evening.

There appears to be two cliques forming with Leonie, Aimmee and Lance, and then Shane and Mary. Best food of the week thus far is Lance.

1 Paul { 01.20.11 at 8:59 pm }

Aimee is really starting to annoy me. Never happy with anything, very judgemental, no palate and her marks have been overly critical.

2 davsimp { 01.21.11 at 12:29 am }

Mary’s poetry was appalling. Her food on the other hand, was first class. As good as anything you would see in the finals week of masterchef. I find Shane extremely likeable, as are most of them, except for ammie, she seem to be very bitter. Let’s see what she comes up with tomorrow night. For the record, cannot believe Mary agreed to go for dinner with Shane, good on her for giving the guy a chance. Let’s hope he doesnt burp or fart.

3 davsimp { 01.21.11 at 12:31 am }

paul, I hear you, see my comment on the earlier “come dine with me – a diverse group” post.

4 bella vita { 01.21.11 at 1:55 am }

Aimee is a potty mouth who just a big whinger…she can call Mary hoity toity all she likes…I mean the comment she made about the hosts should be the entertainment (when complaining about the tango dancers) clearly shows she thinks she is above them all cause of PATHETIC baby gaga act. Can’t stand her
Leonie seems to be a follower and agrees with everything said all the time and calling everything stunning. People like that really annoy me…inform your own opinions!!

5 Paul { 01.21.11 at 9:02 am }

bella,
Agree about Leonie as well – but although she is annoying at least she is harmless.

6 Reality Raver { 01.21.11 at 9:06 am }

You guys are going to love tonight, you have to wait and see what Aimmee cooks. It is hilarious.

7 Paul { 01.21.11 at 9:08 am }

RR,
I reckon Aimee could cook a toasted ham and cheeses sandwich on 5 day old bread and Leonie would still give her an 8 or 9.

8 Reality Raver { 01.21.11 at 7:01 pm }

Paul – you must be psychic

9 brain dead dave { 01.22.11 at 10:47 pm }

Aimmee will make a budget Waldwarf Salad…for under $10.

10 Donna { 01.23.11 at 3:18 pm }

I cant stand Aimee. She is so very ignorant and tries to hide it with arrogance!!! She has not an ounce of decorum and appears to have one hell of a chip on her shoulder. I love Paul. Mary is not hoity toity at all but a refined woman who needs to kick that disgusting pig of a man Shane to the curb…CRINGE!!!! Mary cooking skills are incredible and clearly above gutter tramp Aimee’s standards!!!!!

11 Mary Harding { 01.24.11 at 4:20 pm }

Hi Donna, thank you for your kind comments
Love
Mary

12 Mary Harding { 01.24.11 at 4:24 pm }

Davsimp, I don’t know what you have seen as far as my poetry is concerned, but I doubt that you have been given a clear picture of my work.
Thanks for your honest opinion anyway.
Cheers
Mary

13 davsimp { 01.24.11 at 4:34 pm }

Hi Mary, my apologies. You are correct, I have not been given a clear picture of your work, I could only go by what was shown at the time. I only heard the snippet that was read at the table about the five strangers, and also the ones you have hanging on your wall were found when two people (cant remember who) went for the snoop. Best of luck getting published, I know how hard that is.
Sincerely, David.

14 Ammie { 01.24.11 at 5:56 pm }

What the producers failed to tell everyone is that lance put the hard word or lets say something hard on the shane and lets just say lance resembled something in shanes butcher shop on a hook after it…

15 Reality Raver { 01.24.11 at 8:10 pm }

Ammie – so you think Lance got the good edit this week?

16 Rhu { 01.24.11 at 9:00 pm }

We watched the last ep in hysterics. Ammie – I would love to know why you chose to go on a dining and cooking show. Is your chef dream a reality or was it just a spin for the producers?

17 Mary Harding { 01.25.11 at 9:48 am }

Good morning Davsimp, hope you are well. thank you for that. Actually, I am going to have them converted into cards but not quite yet. My aim is to get my book out and I am working on that at present.
Best of luck to you
Regards
Mary Harding

18 Ammie { 01.25.11 at 4:56 pm }

It was all just a spin for the producers, in fact i hate cooking, i just wanted to give my self some exposure like previous show i went on.
The credibility of the show is a disgrace.

19 Mary Harding { 01.26.11 at 12:03 pm }

Hi Ammie, I can’t believe you said that. Actually it’s rather sad that you would say whqat you did. I think it’s a fantastic show and it’s all about having a little fun. Why on earth would you become part of a show you did not respect, then turn around and condem it. If you hate cooking, why enter a cooking show and then proceed to judge the food and the people cooking it. Perhaps you should have gone into one of the other reality dancing shows and leave the cooking shows to those people who genuinely love to cook. I am extremely dissappointed in your comments. It’s almost as if we should re film this show with someone who really wants to be a part of it!
I doubt that the comments you made above will help you in what ever it is you wish to do in life, but I honestly wish you well Ammie, I really do.Good luck!
Mary

20 Paul { 01.27.11 at 8:54 am }

I find it really sad that so many people these days are willing to sacrifice their self respect for a chance to grab a bit of fame. It seldom ever works and in fact, most times it back-fires.

Mary – well done on entering the show for all the right reasons.

Ammie – its a bit rich for you to complain about some of the comments people have made about your night when you come out with the statement above.

I wonder how Leonie and Lance feel now when they read that ?

21 Mary Harding { 01.28.11 at 6:25 pm }

Thanks Paul!
Lovr Mary

22 Mary Harding { 01.28.11 at 6:26 pm }

Think I need to cut my nails, apologies for spelling mistakes.
MH

23 Lance Proctor { 01.31.11 at 7:29 pm }

Hello all, to be honest I do feel some what foolish. I am a man who is controled by his heart and I do stand by my feelings on Ammie’s night. However, In light of having watched the show, and in particular, Ammie’s comment above, I am a little disapointed.
All that aside, I am proud to be a part of a very interesting week of CDWMA and I respect all other participants for the role they played throughout the week. They shall all remain my friends.
Thanks again.

24 slippycaff { 02.01.11 at 3:04 pm }

Hope you enjoy the “exposure” you get from this Ammie. I’ll certainly be avoiding any show (TV or otherwise) which you are involved with. Cheers.

25 Donna { 02.01.11 at 3:36 pm }

Ditto to that slippycaff!
I stand by my earlier comments and thoughts in regards to:
Mary – I hope you go far and know you will do well, you are a lovely lady. I would have rated your meal 10.
Shane – your a bit rough round the edges, but an honest man and I would love to have a wine with and Mary :) I would have rated your meal 10
Lance – A genuinely nice guy, if not somewhat a soft case for supposed cases of injustice(re-Aimee) and ignorant of Aimees manipulations. I would have rated your meal 7
Leonie – A bit of a fence sitter that could not see the reality of Aimees manipulations. I would have rated your meal 6
Aimee – you should never have been on the show. OMG what were you thinking pouring your wine glass with your saliva in it into the blooming cooking?!!! I would have rated your meal -10

Mary and Shane, if your in the Pilbara you are welcome to come Dine with me ahaha…I will cook you both up a storm…And you shall never have to suffer the el cheapo cask plonk (AKA in Pilbara as: Goonbag, El Casko and Woobla).

26 Mary Harding { 02.01.11 at 5:01 pm }

Donna darling, you made me laugh :) and thank you for the invitation. I would love to come dine with you, I can tell that you would be great company and I’m sure your food would be sensational!!
Lots of lovexx