Come Dine With Me Australia – So Aimmee Wanted To Be A Chef?

There were two things I got out of this episode. Firstly I am absolutely gobsmacked that Aimmee wanted to be a chef? She seems to think she cannot get a job because of her size but I am thinking her culinary skills could be the main issue.

She did not think it was an issue to dish up bruschetta, pasta bosciola, and tiramisu. I understand that she may not be as wealthy as the others but there are other cheap dishes she could have served which could have showcased her “culinary talents”.

The other thing that irked me tonight was Lance and Leonie giving Aimmee such high scores for such crap food, she did not even serve up a salad. Personally I thought it was condescending to Aimmee. By Lance and Leonie doing that it basically said they did not consider her an equal, as they did not treat her as such.

Also the cask wine was a crack up. I wonder if anyone twig. Points to Shane for realising the wine was shite. But if she thought it was ok to serve up cask wine why not just claim it. By the way sometimes cask wine is just as good as the moderate priced bottled wines.

Anyway by the end of the week I am still no clearer on who I like and don’t like out of these five episodes. Yes I like Lance but was disappointed with his scoring at the end of the week. Yes at times I dislike Shane, but at least he was honest and what you see is what you get.

Do I see a great love affair occurring between Mary and Shane? No she will think she can change him and she won’t, and his money his her aphrodisiac never something that will lead to a solid long term relationship.

1 v baxter { 01.21.11 at 10:12 pm }

Why are contestants permitted to take points off because they don’t agree with others opinions….what next!! I don’t like the way you part your hair!!!!!once you score that should be it….grow up Leonie.

2 Paul { 01.21.11 at 10:20 pm }

Too stunned to comment at the moment.

WTF. 10!!!!!!!

3 Anne { 01.21.11 at 11:18 pm }

Contestants are given some money ( I think it is $200 ) to spend on their menu so personal wealth should not be a problem. I don’t think Ammie spent anything near $200 on to-nights meal.

4 davsimp { 01.22.11 at 2:41 am }

four words, ON MY FRICKEN GOD!!!

I knew the contestants were given money to spend on their meal, and Aimme cleaned up well and truly. She bought the cheapest shite she could find and pocketed the rest – FACT.

My list from best to last:
Mary – a true lady who is not hoity toity but has class and manners and all of her criticisms were valid without being bitchy.

Shane – bit rough around the edges for sure, but at least his nose is not a darker shade of brown from having it up someones aris. I like a man who is honest and says what he thinks.

Lance – started off great but got too emotional and his judgement was clouded at the end, ie, scoring aimme so high when it was clear she whipped up a meal that we would all normally rustle together on a week night for our families.

Leonie – She should bend over so we can pull the splinters out of her arse from all that fence sitting.

Aimme – *takes deep breath and tries not to be too OTT*
For the love of god what is this woman thinking???? Her food was below average, she forgot the salad, dont get me started on the goon box in the fridge, and as for her entertainment, lady gaga my fat arse!! In her normal act she wears a wig and at least makes and effort to parody the part, but for her guests, she didn’t even go to that much trouble.

I am glad Lance won, his meal was superb even though he kept them all waiting far too long between courses which is why poor Shane accidentally got pissed.

Aspiring chef my arse aimme, pull ya finger out if you want to ever be taken seriously as a cook. Dont give up your night job mate!

5 S { 01.22.11 at 8:31 pm }

haha, i agree word for word with davsimp… Ammie’s food was crapola cause she was lazy and tight in using all cheap prepackaged junk and although i liked Lance and Leonie at the start they ended up looking like complete fools on the last night. Shane and Mary were allllllriiiiiight in my book, honest and just out for a good time and a good meal which is supposed to be the point of the show.

6 oozeboss { 01.23.11 at 9:11 am }

The final episode was an absolute corker. Lance & Leonie showed themselves as patronising self indulgent gits, and made it their personal crusade to promote Ammie, regardless of the fact that it was utterly crass & hopeless. Even Mary cut Ammie too much slack, chosing to prop up what would have been almost negative scores for the food with a top up for the burlesque act. I thought that only Shane had the perspective right (although, coincidentally, this resulted in he and Mary giving the same score). I lost almost all of the respect that I had for Lance in this episode. I agree entirely with his stance on a number of issues, but by refusing to treat Ammie as a normal person instead of an avatar for a perceived cause he ultimately demeaned himself irreparably. And getting so utterly smashed on cask plonk did his standing no favours either. I ended up respecting Mary the most, and precisely for reasons already posted here. Ammie is a lost cause – tacky, lazy & so self obsessed that shs blew the perfect opportunity to set her career in the direction she so publicly desired. After her performance here, even the home brands will avoid her being their spokesperson like the plague.

7 Donna { 01.23.11 at 3:37 pm }

I cant stand Aimee. She is so very ignorant and tries to hide it with arrogance!!! She has not an ounce of decorum and appears to have one hell of a chip on her shoulder. I love Lance. Mary is not hoity toity at all but a refined woman…What the hell were Lance and fence sitter Leonie thinking with their inflated scores. That’s what Aimee seems to get by on in life – pity and assuming she can say what she wants without recourse just because she is a little person!!!!!CRINGE!!!! Mary’s cooking skills are incredible and clearly above gutter tramp Aimee’s standards!!!!! Aimee cooked just as
I imagined…shitty and sub-standard. Again, she clearly has crawled out of a trailer park.

8 Anne { 01.23.11 at 4:31 pm }

Donna, I don’t think it is necessary to use those words about Ammie. Her food and tactics can be attacked but your remarks about her character are offensive.

9 brett cook { 01.23.11 at 5:02 pm }

Lets face it Shane is a legend and i want to know what butcher shop he owns or works at… Lance’s views are a disgrace and so is he. The only thing that saved him being a total embarrassment was a 3 foot baby gaga that clearly cant afford the toilet paper to wipe her own arse with. “Lets say where in year 10 and a kid ask’s whats your mums name………FRED.”

10 Donna { 01.23.11 at 5:20 pm }

Anne – its is an opinion forum. That is mine. Aimee needs to clearly grow up and try and have some decorum….She cannot cook, she has an inflated opinion of herself, and acts like trailer trash. There is no other way to describe her. To be honest, I felt embarrassed watching her. I love a good time and love the Hoola -Girls, have many gay, small, rich and poor friends, but none with Aimee’s pathetic ways!!!
Just because she is in a minority group (height challenged people) it does not excuse her from reality opinions -she sure had hers.
I lost a lot of respect for Lace by clearly giving Aimee an unreasonably hight score (Leonie never counted), Mary and Shane were the only ones worth their salt so to speak and carried themselves with dignity and fairness within the judging arena.

11 colin dobbie { 01.23.11 at 5:38 pm }

i think shane was holding back chundering when aimee came out in that disgrace of an outfit.her food and wine was something you would expect at a homeless shelter.also i agree with brett completely

12 Donna { 01.23.11 at 5:52 pm }

I absolutely agree with both Colin and Brett. And who would ever think of pouring wine from a glass that has your saliva on it into a meal??? That says a whole lot about ones personal and professional ethics.

13 Anne { 01.23.11 at 6:14 pm }

Donna, Like everyone else I was disappointed at Ammie’s behaviour during the week and her menu was ridiculous. However this is a reality television program for goodness sake – not a murder trial. Did you know that the main Lifestyle channel had to be closed down because of the offensive comments posted there? Words such as “gutter” and “trailer trash” have no place here.

14 Anne { 01.23.11 at 6:27 pm }

Sorry, last post should have read “main Lifestyle Channel forum…” all this venom upsets me.

15 Donna { 01.23.11 at 6:43 pm }

I dont think its venom – just a differing of opinions. I say it how I think it – I apologise if this offends you Anne as it was not my intention. It s just my opinion and views on a show that I pay to watch.
Over and out…

16 Brett Cook { 01.23.11 at 8:20 pm }

Anne you cant tell me theirs not a few loose nuts in Ammie’s gaga head. If you don’t like other peoples opinion don’t bother reading forums.

17 Reality Raver { 01.23.11 at 11:02 pm }

V Baxter – agree you score on the night and it should stick. Can you re-score the next day if you are pissed and can’t remember what you actually scored them? Would have thought the score should be about the food, and the “flow” of the evening.

Paul – we are eagerly awaiting your view on this one. It was a classic episode.

Anne – She would barely spent $100 including wine. Maybe she had an overdue credit card.

Davisimp – Aimmee appeared to not give a rats about the food which is a bit strange considering she wants to be a chef maybe she saw this as an audition for Hells Kitchen.

S- I did think Mary’s interest in Shane increased when she realised he was cashed up. I must confess I thought the bar fridge full of Dom was impressive. I wonder if he just bought it for the show.

Oozeboss – ” And getting so utterly smashed on cask plonk did his [lance] standing no favours either.” – I could not stop laughing at that comment.

Anne – Wow this is the second time Lifestyle have had to shut down the forums on Come Dine With Me Australia.

Donna – I thought it was a great edit from the producers this week. My opinions of everyone kept on changing, and my God they left the best until last. Aimmee meal could be the worst ever on the show.

18 Reality Raver { 01.23.11 at 11:06 pm }

Brett Cook – I think by the time those kids hit year 10 it won’t matter there are so many different families out there these days.

19 Mary Harding { 01.24.11 at 12:03 pm }

Hi RR and to a few other people on this blog. It’s funny that you would say that I woud try to chage Shane and the fact is you can’t change him. RR, I totally agree with you, one cannot change another human being to suit themselves, which is what the book I have written is all about, secondly to the person who commented that my poetry is crap, I have this to say. How can you possibly make such a comment when all you got was one fun poem about 5 perfect strangers which was edited and it lost it’s flow, secondly I have written over 100 poems, love poems which reflect emotion, love, sadness and anger, loss etc, and are all wonderful pieces. So to make a broad statement that “Mary’s poem is crap” really is unfair.
May thanks
Mary Harding

20 Mary Harding { 01.24.11 at 12:06 pm }

Apologies for spelling mistakes, my nails slip on the keys. :)

21 Reality Raver { 01.24.11 at 12:38 pm }

Mary – we are all waiting here with baited breath wanting to know how your date with Shane went.

Also congratulations for being on one of the most entertaining weeks of Come Dine With Me Australia in the three seasons.

22 Brett Cook { 01.24.11 at 2:44 pm }

Reality Reader in response to your comment, it was a quote from Shane, not myself. Mary if it didn’t work out with Shane, Colin has a real soft spot for you. I personally think Shane and Lance should settle their difference of opinions like real men, out back. We all know what would happen.

23 Reality Raver { 01.24.11 at 3:01 pm }

Brett Cook – OK got it. Thanks for commenting. Who is Colin?

24 oozeboss { 01.25.11 at 10:38 am }

Kudos to Mary for having the courage to enter a public forum & give her view. I personally don’t care about how her dinner with Shane went as the real interest was the contrast in how she maintained her standards & integrity in the face of some quite unreasonable aggression with those who were prejudiced against her. The narration stated (something to the effect) that this was not a cooking programme as much as a programme about people who happen to cook, and of the people in this episode, she was the one whose character & intelligence was the most luminous. Typo or no typo (lol).

25 Mary Harding { 01.25.11 at 4:58 pm }

Hi RR, well, thank you so much, I sure am glad that our week was entertaining to all. I think we all had lots of fun that week and I have no regrets about doing it. I can honestly say I enjoyed everyone, and I only judged the food, not the person. As far as Shane and I going out to dinner….Let’s see lol..RR, he really is a nice man, and I could not care less how much money he has or hasn’t got. I like being with people who are fun to be with, and he is a fun guy!
Love to you RR
Mary Harding

26 Mary Harding { 01.25.11 at 5:05 pm }

Hi Oozeboss – thank you so much for your kind comments. I tried to do the best I could, and I tried to be fair with everyone, not just for this show, that is how I am in real life as well. I really do appreciate your comments.
Love
Mary Harding

27 Mary Harding { 01.25.11 at 5:07 pm }

Yes! Brett Cook….who is Colin LOL!!!!
Love
Mary

28 bella vita { 01.26.11 at 2:39 am }

So Mary dish the dirt with us?
What are your real opinions now that you have seen the episodes air?
And where is Shane butcher’s shop for those asking earlier last week!
All the best with your writing.

29 oozeboss { 01.26.11 at 7:28 am }

Mary (since you appear to be engaging here):
Did watching the series on TV increase your knowledge & understanding of your peers, or put certain events from that week into context?

Did you enjoy the irony of being categorised as “hoity-toity” by people who probably couldn’t even spell the term?

How did it feel when Shane was announcing to camera (and obviously, later sharing with his work mates) his plans to (putting it far more politely than he did) seduce you during the course of the week?

And lastly: what did your children think of both how you came across & how your peers were evaluating you?

30 Reality Raver { 01.26.11 at 8:15 am }

Bella Vita – Shane’s butcher shop is in Engadine.

Oozeboss – Great questions.

31 Mary Harding { 01.26.11 at 12:30 pm }

Hi there bella vita, in response to your questions. I cannot give you the locations of Shane’s shops, mainly because I have no idea, and even if I did, I don’t think I would be giving out that info without approval, mainly from Shane.
Watching the show, certain things became apparent to me, things which were not obvious whilst filming. In retrospect, I know I should have been a little more carfeul in the manner in which I was scoring. I tried to be fair, but in some cases I think I was more than fair. For instance when I was judging Ammie’s culinary skills and offerings, I should have appraised and scored her on her food…not her dancing. This show is after all titled, “Come Dine With Me” not Come Dance With Me, but my generousity took over and I scored her accordingly. I am not trying to be nasty, but I should have stuck to what this show is about, and not worry so much about people’s feelings.
Love
Mary

32 Mary Harding { 01.26.11 at 12:57 pm }

Hi Oozeboss, in answer to your first 2 questions, yes it did increase my knowledge of my peers and yes it did put certain events into context. As far as being called hoity toity, well I had to laugh. Now I would love to answer this the way I really want to, and as much as we all believe in freedom of speech and a right to our opinion, we also need to draw the line somewhere, we just can’t go through life saying what we really think ALL of the time, if we did we would get into all sorts of trouble. So as much as I would love to tell you what I really think, I must refrain from doing so, because I do not wish to embarrass anyone, nor get myself into trouble.
Shane’s bad choice of words re the “Seduction of Mary” was all in fun, I must say my son was not too happy, he could not believe some man, was trying to “nail” his mother, but I advised them all to lighten up it’s just in the name of fun!
When my kids saw me on the show they said, “Yep, that’s mum, give her any topic and watch the passion turn into a tsunami’, lol!!
Both my son and daughter thought they all summed me up incorrectly on the first night. I was tagged pretentious, hoity toity, let’s not go to the “her s**t don’t stink” repeated by we all know who, because my friends and family know that I am a down to earth person, level headed and sensible. I love to dance, salsa, rock n roll Greek dancing etc etc and I have a great sense of humour. (Sounds like a dating site) lol ! lol! Am I high noting myself, no, I don’t think so because everyone who knows me, knows that this is the real me. Shane did apologise later in the week for his wrong assumption re my character. I am not La Di Da, etc. etc. etc. I do like the finer things in life, I love to cook and use the best and freshest produce, no short cuts!
On my night, I had my daughter serving the drinks, she came over to me later that night and told me how proud she was of me. That was the best part of the entire show for me, that both my kids were proud of their mother.
Hope that answers your questions.
Lots of Love
Maryx

33 bella vita { 01.26.11 at 10:54 pm }

Great responses Mary and thanks for taking the time to answer the questions politely and eloquently.
I’m sure all of us here wish you well in your journey, life and future goals.

34 Mary Harding { 01.28.11 at 7:12 pm }

RR, just want you to know that Shane and I have been in contact, and we are booked to go to a 5 star restaurant in the city near the Opera house on the 11th of February. I just know that we will have a great time.
Let you know how it all goes!
Lots of love
Mary

35 Reality Raver { 01.28.11 at 9:15 pm }

Mary – Please do.

36 Leonie { 01.31.11 at 10:15 pm }

Good evening to all!
I note the discussions are still running hot about our week…
I’d like to put a few things straight with you all…I did my very best to host a dinner party for 4 perfect strangers on night 1-which due to the logistics of getting film crew & guests co ordinated, certainly had it problems! I was informed by Shane early in (my) evening, (has known me for all of 2 hrs,) that if he didn’t like me by Wednesday…he’d tell me, in front of everyone. Many a true word spoken in gest? I treated everyone with dignity and most of all respect. I think the worst thing I can be guilty of, is listening to my heart, rather than my head.
Shanes’ night was not my favourite…He didn’t pay much attention to me, the wine was “sponsored”, cost=0, and he burnt the meat twice…a tax write off from his shop? An argument ensued which had to be broken up by the production crew, and last but not least…so that Shane could get his beloved spa, his entertainment for the night, on tv…listened to my heart again, and borrowed Shanes’ boardies, to keep him happy….?
I went home wringing wet…all for what? I went home miserable. Truth!
I appreciate all the comments, good and bad, and of course take them on the chin. It truly was a wonderful experience, and I thoroughly recommend you all apply for! Give it a go!! (0=

37 Reality Raver { 01.31.11 at 10:36 pm }

Leonie – thanks for writing about your time on the show. I wish they had seen the arguement on TV was it the gay marriage one and did it get out of hand?

38 Leonie { 01.31.11 at 10:44 pm }

Hi there, Reality!
It did get out of hand..lasted for approx 2 hrs. My only regret, they didn’t show my Xena war cry at the table before I decided to get into the true spirit of things…(0=

39 Mary Harding { 02.01.11 at 10:40 am }

Hi Leonie, how are you baby, I love your Xena cry, you do it perfectly, yes I remember that argument, but I think it moved outside and I did not go outside at all, so I missed it, but wasn’t it interesting !!! We all have our own opinions, but that should not stand in the way of friends, and I still like to think that we are friends. I loved your home and your location, I felt like Cleopatra going down the Nile when I was heading to your place on the barge and you coming down to greet me in your beautiful long gown, you looked gorgeous!
Lots of love honey!
Mary

40 oozeboss { 02.01.11 at 5:22 pm }

Leonie,

I respect anybody with the guts & the gumption to take to the public forums & put their side of the story, so I dips me lid to you as well. I am very surprised that there was a blue and it wasn’t broadcast – not being a true follower of reality teev, I would have thought that the whole point was to generate an atmosphere where that sort of thing would be able to be broadcast!

And seeing the Xena warcry would indeed have changed public perception of you, so once more you are but a pawn in the hands of the director & editor.

For all the bitching & judgements handed down by the likes of me, you, Mary & the other three all deserve respect for taking the plunge & stepping in to the unforgiving glare of a programe such as this.

Hope you it is ultimately good for you!

41 Donna { 02.01.11 at 6:47 pm }

Thank you Leonie for your earlier comments and clarifying things. I am relieved that you are aware of how the Aimee situation was very hard for us viewers to watch and take. As for your night at Shanes, I honestly feel dreadful for you of feeling targeted and miserable, as we were unaware of this. I do love the way your have carried yourself in the aftermath, with dignity and spirit. I am sure your war-cry was indeed great :)

Lance – All I can say is that my heart goes out to you. I still think you are great and a sweety – just a bit of a softy to certain personalities with projected perceived plights. All the very best.
Take care and all the best

42 Leonie { 02.02.11 at 10:36 pm }

Hi Mary!~I had a wonderful time at your home. You were gracious, and at all times attentive to me. I thoroughly enjoyed your night,the tears, the joy, the champagne, the company! I’m really pleased that you enjoyed your time at my home, as well…Today, was so hot! We were all sitting half in the water with a glass of champas to cool down. xoxo For Oozeboss & Donna~ Thankyou so much for understanding, and cutting me a bit of slack. It took a lot of courage to write about how it all went for me, on night 4. As I said before, I thoroughly enjoyed the making of the show for the week,making new friends… We are from completely different “walks of life”, but that’s what makes the show (and the world) so interesting!
Love & Peace
Leonie xoxo

43 Matt Thomas { 03.13.11 at 4:16 am }

Leonie, Mary, everybody – all I can say is that it was the best week of tv I’ve seen in a long time. Lance was a character, Shane too. Ladies both of you were simply lovely. Aimee? Yes I’m another of the people who thought she was just plain nasty. But no name calling needed. Even Aimee added to a great week of drama laden dining based television. Kudos to you all. Props to Mary and Lance for the food, Leonie and Lance for the locales and the loveliness – and Aimee? Well… Well… That girl can’t cook, communicate or host but by lord her attitude made HIT TV, and isn’t that what counts? So high five to baby gaga too whom without the week would simply not have been the same…. Oh and special mentions to Mary’s Mousaka, and Lances inventive way of storing family ages. Both brilliant!

44 Reality Raver { 03.13.11 at 6:15 am }

Matt Thomas – I couldn’t have put it better myself. It was a quality week of reality TV.

45 baidu678 { 09.08.11 at 2:37 pm }

you are truly a excellent webmaster. The site loading speed is amazing. It sort of feels that youre doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. youve performed a excellent job on this matter!

46 Mark { 03.10.12 at 6:45 pm }

Mary, I was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw you on this show! You’re certainly a classy lady and your appearance and conduct on this show reflected that in every way. And that Mousaka looked sooo delicious! I could see your cooking skills are as meticulous as your attention to writing has always been. Always striving to be the best– that’s what makes you such a joy to be around.
If it weren’t for Aimee and her limited palate, I’m sure you would have won this contest. Anyway, I’m sure you enjoyed every minute of it. And watching you and Shane enjoying each other’s company was delightful. My only regret is that you didn’t have the chance to showcase your writing talent more. Personally, I always enjoyed it so much. You’re the best! Hope you’re doing well, my dear friend!
Kindest regards,