Come Dine With Me Australia – Is It Going To Be All About Cheryl This Week?

With Doreen, Lachlan, and Tony being a bit quiet and dull is this week going to be all about Cheryl?

I really like her but I am hoping to see more of the others personality’s in the group.

Tonight it was Donna’s the software executive to cook, and she was a bit high end both with food and in drink. The girl loves her Verve. However I thought her menu was very rich. Her appetizers were prawns and oysters, that was nice however the guy she brought in to talk about wine did not exactly get the party started, but he looked like he could mix a mean espresso martini.

Then her entree was risotto with chestnuts, porcini mushrooms, and truffles, followed by duck confit. For dessert she made chocolate meringues with berries.

Again their food quirks came out. Donna did not eat her own seafood, Tony doesn’t like rice, and Doreen doesn’t like poultry that looks like poultry.

The meal did not hit the heights as it looked like it was going to,  and I am not sure what I think of  Donna. She seems slightly superficial and materialistic, but she does seem nice and fun. Cheryl did not take kindly to the sarcastic swipe Donna made about her excessive talking. However it did not effect the score she gave her. However others were not quite as generous and she only got a 30 in the end, which was good but not as good as Cheryl’s 32.

1 bella vita { 01.26.11 at 2:31 am }

Ahhhh Donna…a pretencious and money hungry Gen Y who thinks that Verve and a wine tasting class is all about class. It’s so not….it was boring and I would have fell asleep.
This is one of the most boring bunch of people I have watched and almost fell asleep through it.
I personally don’t see the obsession with people cooking Duck or serving up dishes that you know people will always critisize (risotto)
Doreen is starting to grate on me ” I dont eat this, I dont eat that”…why apply for the show????? I mean it’s great she’s giving it a go, but surely there is some other angle to get a bit camera time from her.

2 Reality Raver { 01.26.11 at 8:27 am }

bella vita – My theory is they put the best week on the first one to suck us all in. I think the producers need to try and weed out the ones who are their for self promotional purposes.

Last week the people who went on to promote themselves were Aimme her Baby Gaga gig, Mary her writing, ? Lance and his memorial range.
I think Leonie and Shane were on their for the game…

This week I am still trying work it out – but they need to piss off these people who have eating issues. I mean don’t eat poultry, rice or seafood. It was like Aimme not eating pork and lamb.

3 davsimp { 01.26.11 at 10:10 pm }

Agree with you both, rr and bella vita, what a bunch of boring knobs compared to last weeks gems. However, things were spiced up slightly this evening by Tony’s stash of womens lingerie in his drawer. He has either kept some souveniors from past conquests, or he likes to wear womens knickers. Meh, each to their own.

4 davsimp { 01.26.11 at 11:10 pm }

Also, have I missed something re entertainment the last two nights?
Please dont tell me Donna’s bit of stuff shaking the cocktails and Tony’s smoking sneaker were it?????

5 Reality Raver { 01.27.11 at 6:13 am }

I think that was it… I hope it fires up next week.

6 Mary Harding { 01.31.11 at 5:26 pm }

HI there RR, I hear what you say about people going onto this show to promote one thing or another, but I take offence when you put me in the same barrell as one other particular individual on that week, who has stated on your blog, that she actually hates cooking and admits her reasons for participating on the show was for self promotion of her club act. I, on the other hand, absolutely genuinely love to cook, I love entertaining and I go to great extremes as far as preparation and entertainment is concerned. I can tell you the money I received to purchase the food and wine would not have even covered the flowers I bought for the night. I paid for the entertainment for the evening with my allowance and the rest came out of my pocket and a couple of zeros on the end of that amount is closer to the amount of money I spent in preparation and the purchase of food and alcohol, including french champagne. I did this because it gave me pleasure to put on a great evening for my guests and for no other reason. There are no half measures with me, I go all out!When we apply for this show, we are asked to write a short bio re ourselves, so what would you like us to say….would “nothing” strike your fancy. Yes, I am an interior decorator, yes I used to be into beauty therapy and now I am a writer who has written a book and I believe this book is going to do very well, whether I have been on TV or not. If we all had no interest and did nothing, then we would all be classed as boing, so dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t. Leonie did tell us she was a “medium and I also caught glimpse of Shanes, business name, but that does not mean that he or she was promoting themselves, does it? :) Be nice guys Mary Harding xx