The Biggest Loser – Season Premiere – Do People Eat That Much?

This year the show looks like it is going to focus more on the trainers rather than the host. In all the pre-publicity this year and on the posters and she was in one scene in the debut episode.

This year they are mixing it up a bit with four teams consisting of families, and a new trainer Tiffany Hall has joined Michelle, Shannon, and the Commando to knock the contestants into shape.

Tiffany is a good edition to the show, as she is easy on the eye, and natural on camera. Each trainer gets a family.

The Westren Family were to be trained by Shannon It consisted of a mother, father and son, plus the son’s girlfriend.

The Challenor Family consisting of three uncles and a nephew, will be trained by Michelle. This team allegedly has the show’s heaviest contestant ever when he weighs in at over 260 kgs.

The Moon Family which consists of two sisters, and two cousins will be trained by the Commando.

Tiffany they new trainer will be training the Duncan family, all siblings.

As usual this episode was meant to make the viewer feel revulsion and pity towards the contestants, and this year for the first time ever the trainers had to go live with the families for a week and eat what they ate.

The contestants must have exaggerated what they ate as they couldn’t eat all that crap on a daily basis and still be alive. Also how do they afford it?

Tiffany might have been in hell having to eat and drink what they were eating, but her diet appears to be just as extreme but at the other end of the spectrum. At the pub meal she turned her nose up at the garlic bread, and said the brushetta would keep her going at an elite training level for two days. WTF was the bruschetta deep fried in duck fat?

Conversely I was also amused when the brother Jarrod about how great the flavours were in the chicken parmagiana Tiffany was eating. It looked like a pretty dodgy one. But I don’t think what she ate and drink should have brought her to tears. However it should be noted she is lactose intolerant hence the puffed out stomach.

I bet there are some viewers who would like to hear “I’m hear to stay” from the Commando, but his all female team were pretty non-plussed on hearing the news. Sarah has an interesting back story with a father who was a junkie so did not get regular meals.

Also I was shocked when Kellie admitted her kids eat MacDonald’s most days. Is she depressed? Is that why she is so unmotivated to cook for her kids. I must admit I was shocked by that.

Interesting enough when Michelle turned up to the Chinese restaurant to meet her family there were no other customers there. So a set up for the characters, and I suspect they were told to over order. Later in the episode I did feel sorry for her having to eat a hotdog, and she did puke up eventually after eating some cream.

When Sharlene the mum from the Westran family was told she had to strip down to their underwear in front of family and friends she said “no” and got teary. Didn’t she realise that in a few months hence a million viewers would see her semi-naked body?

A good start to The Biggest Loser and more drama is expected this week with them hinting one of the contestants quitting. All fingers are pointing at Sharlene at this stage but would Channel Ten make it that obvious?

And of course the trainers arrived at a meal time.

1 Sue { 01.30.11 at 11:32 pm }

My favourite part was when Commando screwed up his face at the fact he had girls and one was crying. LOL!

2 smauge { 01.31.11 at 7:51 am }

I love the new format, and hope that the phasingout of host doesn’t stop there. I find Hailey excrusiating.
I think most contestants on any given season are depressed. Sitting at home eating yourself to death is certainly not a sign of a healthy psyche.
And for the record, when Tiffany asked “does this look appetising to you?” I answered “yes!”

3 MelbaToast { 01.31.11 at 8:58 am }

I was also thinking that surely these people were over-eating for the sake of the camera’s. No-one could afford to eat out every single night, could they?

I also wish they wouldn’t put camera’s into the people’s home and then have them “pretend” they don’t know that they are on the Biggest Losers…that’s not reality, that’s acting.

Agreed that Tiffany’s diet was also extreme in the other end. It’s un-Australian to never have eating a Parmy at the pub.

I hope to see The Commando crack a smile this year…just once.

4 ToniTones { 01.31.11 at 10:19 am }

I felt for Sarah with her story of her junkie dad and having to pick the lettuce leaves from the garbage, but her reasoning that when she was a child, she was never instilled with what was good to eat and as result she doesn’t know now, doesn’t wash with me. Surely you get to a stage in your adult life when you realise eating crap every day will make you fat and depressed.

5 brain dead dave { 01.31.11 at 12:03 pm }

I missed the very beginning but didn’t hear Nollsy’s obesity anthem, ” Lift”. Hope they haven’t trashed it…..if this is the case, I’d humbly suggest “From Little Things Big Things Grow”

I just saw a teaser and the blonde whale without the front teeth gives Shannan some backchat in the next ep. A lot of time obviously goes into her hair in between snacks.

6 reality raver { 01.31.11 at 1:45 pm }

Sue – I think Commando is going to become one of my favourites this year, now we get to see him out of that over the top role he has been playing. (Well I know they all act up). Also I have a six-pack fetish at the moment and Shannon just ain’t going to cut it.

Smauge – Agree I suspect most would be depressed – it is kind of the chicken and the egg what came first…
Yes I was eyeing off that garlic bread thinking yummo. Still don’t know what her problem was with bruschetta. I thought that is pretty healthy choice isn’t it?

Melba Toast – they probably edit Commandos smile out. What do you mean reality TV is not all real???? LOL

Tonitones – I suspect she is depressed because of weight and cannot get out of the cycle.

Brain Dead Dave – LOL, I reckon she is not coping at all. Great viewing she is.

7 smauge { 01.31.11 at 9:26 pm }

BDD – Nollsy’s been ditched YAY! We are Family has been deemed more suitable!

8 JM { 02.01.11 at 9:51 pm }

I couldn’t watch last year because of Hayley Lewis. She is atrocious and an embarrassment – I have never seen anyone so wooden. Can someone please tell me how she ever got that job?

Tiffany seems to have some extreme food issues herself. How ridiculous of her to baulk at eating pub food – everyone does it, just not in the mountainous amounts seen here. She may very well alienate the viewing public with her disgust at basic food.

9 Culinary Boner { 02.02.11 at 3:08 pm }

“I have never seen anyone so wooden”…
…must explain her success in the pool

10 eyyyyjay { 03.13.11 at 6:57 pm }

when is Sharlene going to get her teeth fixed? its obvious shes has never ever been to a dentist of she woul dhave got them sorted

11 smauge { 03.14.11 at 7:39 am }

Maybe she can’t afford it. It’s not like dentists are cheap.

12 coastal spanish real estate { 04.19.13 at 9:50 am }

magnificent points altogether, you just gained a
new reader. What might you recommend in regards to your

submit that you simply made a few days ago? Any

positive?

13 Dc To Canary Islands { 04.27.13 at 10:33 am }

That is the best

weblog for anybody who wants to seek out out about this topic.

You

realize a lot its nearly onerous to

argue with you (not that I really would need…HaHa).
You undoubtedly put a

new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply

nice!

14 http://celestecurmi.soup.io/?sessid=7a08693c8c59db5b3712c6d05256e1f0 { 03.03.14 at 8:47 am }

Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?

There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy
your content.