My Kitchen Rules – Manu Gets Flirty With A Contestant
My Kitchen Rules Season 2 kicks off tonight with new contestants, but with the same judges the delectable Manu Feildel, and the enigmatic Pete Evans.
Channel 7 kindly sent me a preview disc and I watched episode two. Not going to give anything away but this is what you can expect from the show.
- The format is the same, a cross between Come Dine With Me, and Masterchef Australia, except this time the second lot of teams is not a surprise.
- The first episodes are where they go to the teams “restaurant” and the other teams and judges score them.
- Then the top teams from the two groups go head to head in a Masterchef kitchen scenario.
The highlights of the episode were:
- It was about the food and the cooking;
- Manu and Stefania from Western Australia getting a bit flirty – you go girl.
- This year’s teams appear to be more animated then last years lot.
What I would like to see:
- More dinner table conversation between the teams rather then just their opinion on the dishes served.
- More alcohol to elicit the above.
- A mixing up of the editing, a bit it felt a bit formulaic.
- When they hit the second half of the competition, make them cook outside their comfort zone, last year they chose the menus.
My Kitchen Rules will be a nice entrée before the main course of Masterchef Australia arrives. It ticks a lot of the boxes that makes a good reality TV show, good topic, cast and contestants.
My Kitchen Rules starts tonight on Channel Seven at 7.30pm, it will be screening Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.