Come Dine With Me Australia – Lachlan’s Night

It was Lachlan’s turn to cook and his menu was :

• Grilled Jimbaren prawn skewers with mango salsa.
  • Miso Fish with caramelised pumpkin
  • Little tiki pavs with tropical fruits and cream.

Lachie’s stoned surfer persona was not diminished as slowly did his prep and ran out of time. In fact he was very laid back throughout the whole evening.

However his presentation was amazing, and I have to confess his Jimbaren prawns is about the only recipe I would contemplate getting off the website.

When the guests arrived they had to mix up a cocktail. What amazed me is that after drinking five cocktails before their entree they were still standing.

Then with the 2 hour wait for the main the drinking continued, in fact I am amazed they even made it to dessert.

Vanessa was struggling and fell over and looked liked she was about to pass out over dessert.

If he had been better prepared I think he would have had a chance of taking the price. He ended up with a respectable 30.

1 davsimp { 02.03.11 at 11:29 pm }

Lachlan’s food was awesome! Using fresh and local produce is always a winner for me. He was a great host, kept those drinks flowing throughout. Shame he was a little bit disorganised with the food though. He is a laid back guy, he is a queenslander after all….and how sweet was he when he rushed out from behind the kitchen counter to help up the legless vanessa-the-undresser when she tripped over her own feet. Call me captain obvious, but I am thinking Vanessa has a wee lesbian crush on Anita. Ah, you go girl, cant blame her for trying.

2 oozeboss { 02.04.11 at 6:12 am }

In a bland series which so sadly highlights John Howard’s Great White Australia vision from the 50’s (3 weeks in, and no non-European in sight), Lachlan managed to pull off the first menu in the entire series which was innovative, effective and totally devoid of artifice and pretension.

It deserved to win, especially supported by some good ole fashioned fun entertainment, utterly unreliant, as it was, on boobs, bums or burlesque (although the lads were probably beach bums). But in dining – as in life – timing is everything, and ole Lachie’s timing was way off.

Vanessa once more showed that if you can’t hold it don’t drink, and she really needs to heed that immortal line from Animal House: “Fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life”. Her obvious ham fisted fumblings to get some gyrl on gyrl with Anita makes Shane’s attempts to ‘seduce’ Mary from Week 1 look positively subtle & sophisticated.

Now there’s a thought to really put anybody off their morning muffins!

3 Reality Raver { 02.04.11 at 9:00 am }

Oozeboss – you should have written last night’s recap so much better assessment than mine…

Davisimp – She has a major crush on her, maybe she will try and nail her tonight.

4 PollyB { 02.04.11 at 1:46 pm }

Lachie’s food looked delicious. After so many cocktails I’d have been smashed and unable to eat!
I’m not a prude, but, to me, Vanessa’s behaviour due to her crush on Anita is coming across as super desperate. It’s gross and I doubt it would be taken so lightly if a male was pursuing a female in that fashion.

5 TMC { 02.04.11 at 1:56 pm }

Oozeboss- Shouldn’t that be John Howard’s 1990’s vision for a 1950 style white Australia Policy 😉

6 oozeboss { 02.04.11 at 6:44 pm }

TMC: it should.

And PollyB: you are spot on re Vanessa the Undresser.