The X Factor – If It Comes There Could Be A Change To the Judges

Still no news on whether The X Factor will return to our TV screens this year, not helped that the only person who received a record contract was the winner Altiyan Childs.

But in today’s Telegraph Seven says a decision still has not been made.

The article states:

Seven has said the future is uncertain for the multi-million-dollar reality spectacular.

And if it does return, judges Ronan Keating, Natalie Imbruglia, Kyle Sandilands and Guy Sebastian might not all be in the line-up.

Network program director Tim Worner said Seven execs were “deliberating”.

“I will say it is a tremendous-looking show and was in a pretty tough timeslot,” Worner told TV blogger David Knox.

“I fear what the opposition might have done with no X Factor and you have to factor that into any decision you’re making.”

But Worner said he would like to see the show return.

Ratings were solid, but it was walloped by Junior MasterChef.

I wonder if that was code for Kyle Sandiland’s won’t be back. He struggled with mentoring his group.

1 Dakota { 02.04.11 at 7:42 pm }

I sincerely hope it comes back.. i’m devastated at how we treat reality tv sometimes in this country. Big Brother, Aus Idol, SYTYCD, Don’t Stop Believing and X Factor x2 are all potentially great shows but they either were unneccessarily badly reinvented because somebody in the office got bored or just poorly handled. We need a show that isn’t just about cooking lol as much as I love Masterchef and weight loss it would be nice to see another talent show in this country that doesn’t come with a borderline PSA or advetorial.

I hope that made sense *climbs down from Soapbox and scrawls “Dakota Woz ‘ERE” on the side next to the ladder*

2 brain dead dave { 02.04.11 at 8:51 pm }

Have already seen Altiyan’s CD in second hand shops.(Employs heart clutch gesture)

3 Cilla { 02.05.11 at 7:10 am }

I love xfactor & other talent shows but xfactor 2010 had to be the best EVER because we had a real rockstar on the show for a change, someone who is more than a pretty face that can sing. For someone 1 who didn’t normally vote or blog, Altiyan Childs sure changed that for me! His cd in 2nd hand shops? HARDLY! The album has gone double plantinum, probably on it’s way to triple (has been 3rd best cd in Sanity for a while after other world class artists – Pink & Bon Jovi), doing great concerts. We can’t all be wrong????? Judges, celebs, the audiences were in agreement. To top it off, I met him & he is soooooo nice. FINALLY, a unique and modern NEW world class rockstar!

4 talent spotter { 02.05.11 at 9:06 am }

get over it Brain Dead Dave. Altiyan Childs has fans and is here to stay hahahah

5 brain dead dave { 02.05.11 at 1:19 pm }

Yawn….Folks told me Wes Carr was here to stay ,too.

6 Fan { 02.05.11 at 1:36 pm }

Wes Carr is still employed by Sony has brought out two original albums, plus has 3 in karaoke catalogues and is very happy with his pace of work and career.
Check out his songs here: http://www.myspace.com/wesleycarr

7 brain dead dave { 02.05.11 at 2:11 pm }

Time for a reality check,folks….

Altiyan is a forklift driver

Wes is a barman

Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?

8 Reality Raver { 02.05.11 at 2:21 pm }

I think I will leave you guys to duke it out.

One thing I have learned is Altiyan Child’s and Guy Sebastian have some very loyal fans….

9 brain dead dave { 02.05.11 at 3:02 pm }

Yeah, Guy’s got Hill$ong roots here in Adelaide. I wouldn’t want to say how lame he is and have them comin’ after me. It’d be worse than being blown by Mahogany.

10 someone { 02.05.11 at 4:52 pm }

hmm, your name kinda suits you brain dead dave :p

11 Culinary Boner { 02.08.11 at 2:26 pm }

Hey BDD.
Lay off knocking my fantasy of being blown by Mahogany, will ya!