My Kitchen Rules – Tassie Gives Some Drama But Gets Through

Couple of things:

If James said his four years married to Melanie have been the best of his life How crap was his life beforehand? Also if Melanie speaks to her husband like that when there is a camera on him, how does she speak to James in real life?

Also no wonder he is always kissing her as he has to get his pleasure somehow, as his gonads would have shrivelled to the size of a pea.

Tonight the producers were trying to set Tasmania for a fall, and there was the disastrous main but they did enough to beat the Victorians. Hell even I could have beaten the Victorians.

Also the producers edited the Kane and Lee from Victoria that by the end of the episode I will be quite glad to see them go. Because even if WA tank tomorrow night I am sure Stefania has been working the judges well over the week to make sure they bring them over the line if their ravioli splits.

The entree tonight was prawns and Vietnamese Salad and James did most of the salad, and the dressing. The only criticism of the entree was the prawns which were deep fried were over cooked.

Then Melanie then proceeded to mutilate pieces of beautiful King Island Beef. The main was the Beef with mushrooms, and blue cheese butter.

What I couldn’t understand was why she wanted to cook the medium. She was cooking for foodies I would hve thought she would have done it medium rare. And it was but she put it back in the oven, it was cruelty to dead animals.

Kane who has a bit of bad luck this week with over cooked produce copped a really well done one.  But then it gives the Vic’s justification for giving poor scores.

When Mel served the main it was nearly tears before bed time, but she pulled it together to serve a delicious profiterole with creme anglais. Now she did two batches of the anglais and one was thought to be too thin, and the other too thick. Personally I always thought it was meant to be thin.

SA gave 7, WA gave 8, NSW gave 8, Qld gave 7, and Vic in a desperate move threw them a five. For a total of 35.

Manu for the entree gave a 8, a the main a  5, and 7 for dessert.

Peter for the entree gave a 8, for the main  a 4, and 8 for dessert. The total of 75 putting them in third place.

Also food blogger Essjay had some interesting things to say about the ethics of Coles serving blue fin tuna on last nights episode of My Kitchen Rules.

1 Mr_whitepants { 02.08.11 at 11:06 pm }

I’m not sure how a husband can put up with that much belittling on national TV by his wife. Something clearly wrong with Melanie

2 smauge { 02.09.11 at 7:47 am }

I made a toasted sandwich the other day that was better than the Victorians.

3 Paula { 02.09.11 at 9:24 am }

The way Mel treated her husband was appalling… She can not blame the editing – she spoke to him like a child for most of the episode.

4 scruffnkelsmum { 02.09.11 at 9:55 am }

say what you will about Melnaie, but James is theoretically an adult, and if he doesn’t like the way Melanie treats him, he could “grow up” and say something!! lol (& he did look a bit absent minded…:) )

5 Maz { 02.09.11 at 10:03 am }

Maybe its just me…okay it probably is just me but I found it creepy James constantly kissing his wife.

Only one word for James- uxorious.

6 Culinary Boner { 02.09.11 at 11:35 am }

Was an enjoyable episode, with Mel transforming from her MelanieCatsArse persona of the previous night to MelanieTheHostessWithTheMostest, complete with beaming smile. Oh, and a Baldrick-like, man-servant sidekick. Pity this show doesn’t adopt some of the format of Come Dine With Me and allow the guests to rifle through the host’s panty-drawers and bedsheets, while Manu/Pete check out the action in the kitchen. I’m pretty certain they’d’ve found the gimp mask, dog collar and leash Mel makes James wear when he’s once again managed to fuck up an 80’s-style dish that she seems to think is the epitome of contemporary fine dining. Strange though, that apart from the really good job she did with the choux pastry, the other stuff that got praise was all done by James. Under duress. And on a short leash, of course.

7 Chels { 02.09.11 at 2:26 pm }

I think that last night’s ep really showed that the judges voting is a bit rigged.

The prawns were too cooked and noodles soggy, but the salad was nice??? I don’t know about you but when I order a prawn salad I want my prawns to be divine. The prawns are the ‘big’ bit of the dish. How did the judges give such high scores.. Ditto the desert, which looked revolting. If the Anglaise was overcooked and foul tasting, the taste would have seeped into the patiserie by the time it would have been eaten.

It just goes to show that the producers want to keep TAS in the game for the bitch factor.

8 Suzanna { 02.09.11 at 8:32 pm }

As a relaxed, laid-back person I found it strange that I find myself constantly yelling “Shut up bitch!” every time that moron Melanie from Tasmania opens her mouth. What a moany cow!

Her dinner was crap and I think the other contestants must have given them sympathy points because I wouldn’t have given those scores for that dinner. The way she has spoken all the way through about others, I was expecting her to pull out a fabulous meal but did she? NO! Hahahaha 😀

James – you really need to get your balls out of your overbearing, nasty, miserable wife’s back pocket and man up. And as for your comment tonight about the WA girls pav being covered in cream and berries to cover up a bad pav – what the hell do you know about food? You don’t even get to play a man in your own house!

How I would love these two drips to be going home.

Soon … I hope!

9 Rick { 02.09.11 at 8:33 pm }

Mel is a slut, get a life woman!

10 Chris { 02.09.11 at 10:18 pm }

Isn’t it cheating that Melanie made another batch of Anglaise ‘earlier’. They are not supposed to start until 3pm.
If everyone did another Entree or Dessert ‘just in case’ it would be cheating…. They should have marks taken off surely, or did she do 2 batches in the allocated time.. Interesting, none of the Judges said a word about another batch, makes you wonder

11 scruffnkelsmum { 02.09.11 at 10:58 pm }

1st batch could have been earlier in the 3 hr time slot- either way she stuffed it up, so it’s a moot point….

and how does melanie’s comments etc warrant her being called a slut??? seriously…..over the top a bit there….

12 Chris { 02.09.11 at 11:09 pm }

Sorry I don’t agree, if she made it before 3pm, it should not have been served, and their scores would have been less, as there wasn’t enough to go round. It was just never mentioned in the show, and they were so short on time, I just don’t see how she could have done it…

13 scruffnkelsmum { 02.09.11 at 11:24 pm }

well,’tis done now. for what it’s worth, my impression was she had made it during the cooking time , but earlier. either way, the menu and cooking was way better than Vic, and that’s the only team they beat at that stage of the comp.( i don’t know tonight’s result yet)

and if shouldn’t have been served- what did you expect to happen?? everyone scrape that part of the dessert off their plate, or else fail the dessert entirely or what??? the other elements of the dessert were pretty good, so even on their own may still have got them a good result. I am just not sure what you think should have been done??? ( and that is IF we believe the 1st batch was made before the 3 hr cooking time started) not particularly their fan, but just think some may be clutching at straws a bit….

14 Chris { 02.09.11 at 11:44 pm }

I know what you are saying, I’m just suprised she made two batches, must have known she wasn’t very good at it, so why put it on the menu. I’m probably being pedantic because after the horrible comments and the not so good scores for the other teams, she (and I mean she) shouldn’t have gone above Vic.
The only good thing good about the entree was ‘The Salad” come on…. Obviously I’m not a fan.

15 scruffnkelsmum { 02.10.11 at 12:31 am }

I do agree that their entree seemed to get uneccessarily high scores, I do think maybe people felt sorry fo rthem. I thought Tas’ result was a bit over-inflated by the judges too. if their entree could rate so well with soggy noodles and overcooked prawns, I do not undertsand how tonite’s entree only scored 6’s…. (yes, have finally watched it :) )

16 Suzanna { 02.10.11 at 10:15 am }

Since everyone is on the subject of Tassie’s dessert – here’s a couple of thoughts …

Given that the ever-charming Melanie has talked badly about everyone else’s food, and said that the stuffed mushie entree was just “something you’d have for tea on a Sunday night” and “it’s not a competition dish”, blah, blah, blah, bitch, bitch, bitch – have we bypassed the fact that for her dessert she made profiteroles?! PROFITEROLES people! We’re not talking croquembouche here – we are talking profiteroles! Stalwart of weddings in the 80s!

I can’t recall seeing profiterole on a menu for ages. The only place I have seen them have been in dodgy cake shops.

17 Reality Raver { 02.10.11 at 1:22 pm }

This is my opinion about the scoring.

I think they were making it look like the food was not that fab, however I think it was probably nicer than they were making out.

Also I loved the way Lee implied she would send the thick creme anglais back if she was in a real restaurant. I mean who would do that…

18 Tina { 02.10.11 at 11:36 pm }

Mel you are the bitch fromhell, nthng suuits you but wat did produce you bragged about,get agrip Poor james he must take a bak seat i the reationshp-

19 sourkraut { 02.11.11 at 1:55 pm }

I Love Mel and Mel! nyah nyah nyah. BTW Raver, you can have your medium rare steak, I would send it back. Oh poor unsopissicated palated bumpkin that i am Sob Sob Boo Hoo!

20 Marie Empson { 02.12.11 at 11:44 am }

Mel, oh you poor old nasty bitch!!! The only good part of your menu was what your no balls husband cooked. Not that good after all are you girl.