The Biggest Loser – The $25,000 A Clayton’s Prize

Reality TV quote of the week when Michelle Bridges said “Be careful, I am a smart woman.”

All this drama about the Challenor’s getting shit from Michelle about putting Greg up for elimination. They had to put someone up, who were they meant to put up? Greg was the one who was bitching, moaning and lolling about on the ground.

But thing that really riled me was the temptation challenge. It was a rort, and should be investigated under the Trade Practices Act for false and misleading.

The contestants are told they have the chance to win $25,000 but they risk also getting a high calorie meal.

Leigh actually won the prize, but was then told there were all these conditions attached to it. He would have to leave the house. It was a clayton’s prize, the prize you get when you don’t get a prize. The caveat should have been told to them before the challenge. So they all risked calories for a prize that was essentially nothing.

Chances of him leaving zero.

1 Laura { 02.10.11 at 12:17 am }

Agreed… it was so misleading for the contestants. Although if they had told them the whole story there would not have been much “temptation” at all. So rather than being upfront, I don’t think there should have been conditions attached, it’s just not fair.

I understand why the money means so much to Leigh if he doesn’t have a permanent job, but judging from Lara’s reaction, he wouldn’t be doing his relationship any favours by taking the money and leaving.

Such a cruel situation for the show to put him in. Poor form.

2 Sonia W { 02.10.11 at 7:54 am }

I’ve always hated tempation. No good ever comes out of it and its always unfair. Good on the Challenors for not playing. Its like last weeks challenge where the prize was you deciding who doesnt get their trainer. Come on in the first week its not really fair to take away the trainer. What is more important.? for mine its helping these contestants lose weight not stupid challengers that impede it
And Shannons “temptation-its a metaphor for life” well when was the last time someone offered you $25000 to eat the citents of a picnic basket

3 librarygirl { 02.10.11 at 8:51 am }

I know they have to create drama but Michelle was a downright bully last night. You’re right, someone had to be put up, Greg was a whinger, the others are clearly trying hard.

4 Paula { 02.10.11 at 9:03 am }

This whole show is appalling… more so than usual this year… are the trainers feeling more competitive now there are 4 of them? It is full of bullying and bad health practices. Why do people continue to watch it?

5 seepi { 02.10.11 at 12:49 pm }

The- trick-challenge was a joke. I would leave for 25k.

MIchelle was also over the top. Was she just trying to make them really rgret being up for elimination at all? it made no sense. blind freddy would’ve put greg up. I was disappointed not to see where greg is at now – i suspect just the same.

nice to see michelle’s face moving this year though – she looks great, and can actually look shocked or happy, without having to voice over what she is feling behind the botox mask/

6 Reality Raver { 02.10.11 at 12:58 pm }

Laura – I got the feeling Lara is in two minds about it, but probably wants him there anyway. She said she wanted a good provider and it doesn’t get much better than that. It will be ironic if he gets eliminated next week.

Sonia W – Agree totally being tempted by a large amount of cash is completely different then being tempted by a doughnut.

Library Girl – didn’t get her point at all, would it have been fairer if one of the others had gone home?

Paula – it seems all about the “personality” of the trainers this year

Seepi – re: Michelle’s face moving I had notice a bit more movement. The startled bunny look is not there as much now.

7 brain dead dave { 02.10.11 at 5:15 pm }

The whales are dumb.This has happened before where people have been offered cash on this show with the caveat that they have to leave.
No such thing as a free lunch,fatties.

8 davsimp { 02.11.11 at 1:07 pm }

PMSL @ brain dead dave, ah you’re a meanie you are.

I am really enjoying the series this year. I think I am just loving the close knit families and the support. It’s kind of heart warming to see them so there for each other.

I thought the temptation thing was good. Leigh had an important decision to make, and in my opinion he made the correct one. He is a young man, I want to see him get down to half that size or less.

My favourite is Damien. I really want him to succeed. He has a great mental attitude and I am expecting big (no pun intended) things from him. Good on Michelle for riding them out. They need it. They are all grossly overweight, unmotivated, beer-swilling fatties. She is trying to help them turn their lives around. I want to see success here.

Go red team!!