Come Dine With Me Australia – Does Gluten Free Mean Don’t Eat Anything?

It has been a great week so far, with some interesting Brisvegas characters mixed with some ok cooking. Apologies for not blogging on it.

But I just want to say one thing, someone needs to say to that gluten intolerant contestant.

“Look we have made our meals gluten free, but you still won’t eat my meals or turn your nose up at everything, what exactly will you eat?”

1 Sares { 02.10.11 at 11:13 am }

Agreed, i’ve been thinking all week that this woman is the biggest pain in the a$$.
My classic moment was when she told someone they needed to cook her meat til it was fully well done and dead because she cant stand any pinkness but then whinged to the camera that the meat was too dry!!!!! gee you reckon – i wonder why?!!!!

2 Culinary Boner { 02.10.11 at 3:41 pm }

The other highlight was when last night’s host tried to shut her up an almost cartoonishly excessive cloud of insect repellent after she was bitching about being bitten by mozzies. She’s such a stereotype that I’ve seen similar characters played on tv. Notably the nervy/neurotic secretary Anthea from ‘Men Behaving Badly’ who only ate plain biscuits washed down with weak tea. Oops, better make that plain rice crisps.

3 oozeboss { 02.11.11 at 4:50 am }

The saddest part of the joke is that despite serving up a meal that featured a salt spillage in to her main & ice cream that didn’t set in her dessert, Bromwyn (seriously) appears highly likely to win the week. How is beyond me, as it certainly isn’t down to a positive & supportive personality overcompensating for her culinary chaos.

Only in Brisneyland.

4 davsimp { 02.11.11 at 1:00 pm }

Brommie is a living nightmare. I wonder if she was named after those triffid like plants…..anyway, I digress. Ive never encountered such disorganised chaos in my life. It was like watching a train wreck.

5 Reality Raver { 02.11.11 at 1:07 pm }

Oozeboss and Davisimp I nearly fell off the couch last night when I heard she was a mother of two. How did she stop whinging long enough to actually procreate. “no I don’t do that nor this….”

I really like Jacquie however I find it interesting how she thinks Jarrod is not her speed, but she probably wouldn’t like to be judged the way she is judging Jarrod. He is a sweet guy.

6 davsimp { 02.11.11 at 1:15 pm }

I think I may have a little tv crush on Suze. What a pisser!! Flashing those big boobies everywhere at any given opportunity and wheeling that ugly doll round the supermarket whilst talking to it. What a classic! I lost it when she rocked up in her sky-high blue Marg wig because Brommie lived in Springfield. Ahahahahahaha, ah you go Suze, I love ya!! Looking forward to seeing her tonight in her Princess Fiona get up.

7 Pollywaffle { 02.11.11 at 2:58 pm }

RR I thought I had died and gone to reality heaven this week, truly.
If you caught the episode dedicated to Suze no explanation required.
This women is either acloset comedienne or total fruitcake.

Suze lives with a lifesize-freaky looking doll called Gypsy who is stationed in a chair alongside the dinner party. Gypsy is introduced to each guest on arrival, and I noted their eyes immediately darted to every spare inch of the room after that ( looking for knifeblock location?).

Suze not only takes Gypsy to the supermarket in her trolley, shes in full conversational mode with the Gyp. Folks are agog, Suze doesnt bat an eyelid
To top it off, in one of the episodes Suze wore the exact same outfit I wore to a take-the-piss 70s party.

One out of the box, you must check it out if you havent

8 Reality Raver { 02.11.11 at 3:04 pm }

Pollywaffle – I saw the ep. I just couldn’t get my shiz together to blog on it. I think she is just a tongue in cheek person. She is hilarious, and mildly eccentric.

Great series this one, only week 2 was dull.

Davis imp – see above I don’t blame you having a crush

9 Pollywaffle { 02.11.11 at 3:06 pm }

Hey RR, my therapist disagrees, Suze is full mental jacket

10 Pollywaffle { 02.11.11 at 3:10 pm }

BTW RR – you should check out the Millionaire Matchmaker NYC – the host waz-her-name makes the Kardashians look shy and retiring