The Biggest Loser – Is Craig Depressed?

Is this a new Biggest Loser tactic, you throw your self under bus at the elimination table, saying you want to go home as you are not sleeping and not liking the food, and they vote for the other person to go?

Obviously the black and red teams wanted one of the Duncan’s to go as they are a really strong team. But Craig also implied that Sarah Jayne wasn’t particularly well liked by the other teams.

Also is Craig depressed he is not very animated, and he genuinely wanted to go. Also it is disappointing we don’t get to see where the eliminated contestant is at a few months on,  as has normally been the formula. But maybe we have to wait for the big finale.

The weight loss was as follows:

• The blue team – Lara loss 3.4 kgs, Sharleen lost 3.1 kgs,Craig Westren lost 4.6kgs and leigh lost 5.5 kgs. Total loss of 3.1%
  • The black team – Kellie lost 5.2 kgs, Rebecca lost 3.7 kgs, Jodie lost 4.1 kgs, and Sarah lost 6.8 kgs and a total weight lost 6.8%.
  • The red team, Nathanial lost 6.1 kgs, joe lost 6.4 kgs, Damien who is the only one over 200kgs lost 10.4 kgs. Total weigh lost of 4.69%.
  • Emma lost 3.6 kgs, Meg lost 3.1kgs, Sarah-Jayne lost 3.1 kg, and Jarrod lost 2.4 kgs. Jarrod’s weight loss was low considering he does alot exercise. Clearly the Chinese food had an impact.

Joe was this week’s biggest loser, and his family was the biggest loser family.

1 EzinOz { 02.13.11 at 9:32 pm }

I would have to agree w/ the whole depressed thing, but the blue team give me the shits! They’re homesick or having a winge…. Just get on w/ it. I say there should be a rule that if someone says ‘I wanna go home’ they then get escorted from the building. There are plenty of other ppl wanting a go on the show.
That being said, I like show this time around… Wish they bought back the master class tho. I would learn something about calorie counting or something.

2 librarygirl { 02.13.11 at 9:56 pm }

We all rolled our eyes when Craig said he ” didn’t like the food”.
You’re not on a cruise, sunshine!

3 smauge { 02.13.11 at 10:28 pm }

I miss the catch up with the eliminated contestant too. Maybe they thought it spoilt the finale too much.

4 seepi { 02.13.11 at 11:21 pm }

i don’t think Craig and sharlene really care about being overweight. thy are just there cos lee wants to be. And lara has pushed him into it.

5 smauge { 02.14.11 at 7:53 am }

Some people you just know are going to finish TBL and stack all the weight back on. The Westren Mum and Dad seem to be candidates for that.

6 PollyB { 02.14.11 at 12:44 pm }

I agree Ezinoz re learning from this show. I have never watched it before and decided to this time cos I thought there was a bit of education for the viewers re food nutrition and perhaps explaining what exercises are best for what muscles.
What I don’t get is the gratuitous exposure of the blubber by taking their t-shirts off for the ‘weekly’ weigh-in. They could have done all weigh-ins with t-shirts on.

7 Culinary Boner { 02.14.11 at 12:50 pm }

I’d be effing depressed if I was on this show

8 brain dead dave { 02.15.11 at 1:53 pm }

Craig is as dumb as dogshit. He said his team “kept going like Trojan horses”

Wasn’t that a friggin’ big wooden thing on wheels? This “knowledge challenge” later in the week is going to be a hoot!

Then you get Joe bawling his eyes out on the scales about his love for his daughter. But he loves lard and lucre just as much and is happy to leave the two kids for however long to participate in this appalling obesity circus for bogans.

Joe ‘s about as sharp as a bowling ball ,too. When voting out Sarah Jayne , the best he could offer spelling wise was “Sera”.

Poor Tiff……she wants Ninjas but she’s stuck with bingers.

9 Culinary Boner { 02.15.11 at 3:23 pm }

BDD, perhaps you’ve fingered why I fail at the gee-gees – I kept backing them fast-moving Trojan Horses, that was me Achilles Heel.

10 Reality Raver { 02.15.11 at 11:28 pm }

ErinOz – Craig has not looked happy the whole show.

Library girl – “you are not on a cruise sunshine” – classic.

Smauge – but even at the finale they had lost more weight. I preferred the old format.

Seepi – I think you may be right. Or they don’t care enough to get fit.

Polly B – the show is all about the grotesque.

BDD – LOL – I don’t think any of them are brain surgeons, Lara and ?Damien seem the most articulate.

Culinary Boner – Ha ha very witty

11 Chris { 02.18.11 at 7:39 pm }

I don’t like the new format, like some of the others I liked it when they showed the contestants progress after elimination.
I also think they forget these people probably have not excercised for years, and the challenge with the 1000 steps would, (I think) have been gruelling for a reasonably fit person never mind the fatties. This challenge should have been in a few weeks time, when they are starting to get fit. It was ridiculous and dangerous to put them through that.