The Biggest Loser – The Westren’s Must Become a Target Soon

Firstly I just want to say it has been over two weeks since Commando got his singlet off. I think this is something the producers need to take into account for next season.

Anyway I must confess I was wrong about he Westren’s as I thought they were going to be the dud team, but they have been on fire this week. They have won immunity, the challenge where they had to choose who would have to cop the punishment this week, and they were the family who had lost the largest amount of weight in group weigh in.

I think a lot of this is due to Lara who is amazing. I still think the Dad, Craig is a bit blamange.

It is interesting the family dynamics. For some reason I had just assumed that if you went on this show as a family that you would be close, but there appears to be some cracks in a few of them.

The red team has Joe who thinks he is an alpha male but is a bit of a douche. I really like Damien who seem quite articulate and emotionally articulate, but something must be going on as he clearly had a major eating disorder.

Also I found it interesting that Craig and his wife were so honest about the state of their relationship. Will losing 50kgs start the sparks flying again? It will be interesting to find out.

I still cannot get a handle on the black team girls. But with most of the people in The Biggest Loser camp there is more to their issues then just their weight, and hopefully while they are in there they will get to sort them out.

1 Oshada { 02.19.11 at 12:11 am }

I reckon you got it absolutely right, Damien’s sort of my favourite just because he’s the heaviest contestant ever, and Lara is hands down the best contestant this season.

2 Littelpetal { 02.19.11 at 11:20 am }

Except for Jodie, the Moons are not working hard enough in the exercise department. Sarah is really pissing the Commando off. She stuff herself in the challenge and then said she is not allowed to exercise !!!!.

3 brain dead dave { 02.20.11 at 3:22 pm }

Joe is more than just a bit of a douche,you’re being too kind,RR. His “what goes around ,comes around ” bogan mantra was just a little excessive for the situation. Quelle surprise that he has anger management issues complicating the all too obvious brains of a sheep he’s packing. Annoying this guy with a whipper snipper of a Sunday morning could get you killed.

The irony of Shannan lecturing Craig on badmouthing and swearing at his partner was too delicious. The voice of experience. The Glucosamine product that Shannan flogs in the ad is rubbish,too…no proof that it works.

Craig’s “transformation” is a crock. Poor editing the other night showed him sitting on his fat ar$e while the whole team were supposed to be on the treadmills.

4 brain dead dave { 02.20.11 at 3:35 pm }

I tend to see Joe more as “What is round ,sits around”

5 davsimp { 02.20.11 at 4:02 pm }

The weak links in each of these families stand out like a dogs balls.

Blue – For every step forward Craig makes, he takes two backwards. He’s the last one on the exercise equipment and the first one off. Feigning heart attacks when it’s only his underused chest muscles screaming out in protest.

Black – There was steam coming out of The Commandos ears when Sarah force-fed herself an entire peking duck (did we really need to see the slo-mo and close up of that gut-churning display) and then bragged the doctor told her no exercise due to some stomach thing. I reckon he had to use all of his strength just to keep his arms by his sides and stop himself from slapping her.

Red – Toss up between Nathanial and Joe. Joe’s narky comments wont do him or his team any favours, and Nathanial needs a constant kick up the arse from Michelle’s fire-engine red sneaker to even move at something other than a slow walk. If the red team were to lose their trainer for a week, god help them!

White – The two girls seem to be taking over where Sarah-Jane left off by whinging and complaining and showing just a little bit too much enthusiasm at the dimsum face-stuffing contest. The 64,000 dollar question still remains – will poor Tiff ever be able to turn these bingers and whingers into ninjas?

6 Reality Raver { 02.20.11 at 10:56 pm }

Oshada – thanks for the being in agreement.

Little Petal – Sarah does lack charisma.

Brain Dead Dave – ” The irony of Shannan lecturing Craig on badmouthing and swearing at his partner was too delicious. The voice of experience. ”
Now that was pure brilliance and so true. Loved it.

Davisimp – love your summary of the teams, and think it is pretty accurate.