The Biggest Loser – The Damien Manoeuvre Was Too Obvious

Firstly I know now why they gave Commando the girls team so the voice over dude could say “Commando has what the girls want…” Actually it was letters from home, but it was loaded with innuendo.

Tonight I got in trouble from my partner when I said “I am in a bit of a foul mood, I hope Commando gets his top off.” He was affronted and said “Well what does it say about me?”. At that point I reminded him that he always rewound shots of Padma Lakshmi of Top Chef when she was wearing a particularly revealing cleavage. Talk about hypocrisy.

Anyway I wasn’t surprised when Damien was voted out, it was just too obvious when he lumbered in there. They just didn’t think that people would vote him out, and they were wrong.

I suppose the red team didn’t have too many options. Joe definitely would have gone, and I can only presume the uncles didn’t want to send in Nathaniel to be a lamb to slaughter.

I wonder if the Westren’s and Duncan’s voted him out because they thought he was a threat or because they didn’t want to be played for fools.

I really don’t know what I would have done in the same situation. He is huge even losing 30 kilograms has made no impact on his body shape. But Damien’s elimination is big for the show as he was one of the favourites with the viewers and as the biggest contestant ever, it is a huge loss of week three of the show.

1 Anonymous { 02.20.11 at 11:18 pm }

I reckon both white & blue were too harsh on Damien in the elimination room. I think they see him as a threat and want to keep the Moon’s in cos they’re crap. The blue team should take a look in the mirror because if they didn’t become pigs at the eating challenge they wouldn’t have got immunity and they’d be in the bottom two and one of them would’ve probably been sent home. I’ll miss Damien, he seemed very genuine. Any of the red team would’ve been elimated tonight and their only option was to play the sympathy card. It is a game afterall.

2 Anonymous { 02.21.11 at 12:06 am }

Bad judgment call by everyone. Red team made a major stuff up, Damien should have swallowed his pride and begged to stay. The voters should have kept him in but gave him firm warning to not pull that type of shit again or he’d be out. He was too much of a threat, they all wanted him out of the game. I reckon a ‘wild card’ space will come up and the show will give him another chance to re-enter the game. They should cause he needs intensive help. He really blew it. I wonder what the other people’s votes would have been. 4/4 to get the boot was pretty harsh.

3 davsimp { 02.21.11 at 12:55 am }

Well that went down like a cup of cold sick.
Still, who were the red team going to put up? Joe would have been voted out without so much as a by your leave. They should have put up Nathanial. He is young and obese and needs to be there a hell of a lot more than Jodie does. She is just about half the size of almost every other contestant in there and has learned enough to keep going at home without the aid of trainers.

“Damien should have swallowed his pride and begged to stay. The voters should have kept him in but gave him firm warning to not pull that type of shit again or he’d be out. ”
Yep absolutely agree.

I am hoping for a wild card too. If everyone had to vote to bring back one eliminated contestant I think Damien would then get his second chance.

Obviously the shit will hit the fan next week when the other contestants find out that Damien has gone, which is EXACTLY what the producers want.

4 Peter A { 02.21.11 at 9:00 am }

Hmmm, I just wonder if the next twist of which family should be kicked out has something to do with Damien’s nomination and subsequent ellimination.
I also think,that once the blues and whites revealed the sympathy tactic, they should have kept him in with a warning that next time he will get the bullet.
To me something smells of producers interference in all this.
Go back a series to when Bob was “eliminated” only to end up in a secret camp with the commander.

5 Jezza { 02.21.11 at 10:37 am }

Absolute disgrace! Lara from the blue team talked about respect and sent him home anyway. They were always going to vote out a red. The red team is the only team who doesn’t take part in the eating challenges, while the other teams just stuff thier faces. The red team are there to lose weight while the other teams seem to be there for the money. For the week the blue team had, even with water loading, it was a disgrace to Shannon that they only lost that much. To Damien, I hope you get all the support from the show you can because it is people like you who need to believe that there is always a way to lose weight no matter how fat you are. I must say I agree with Peter A comments, that the other teams should have given a warning. Just on the preview for next episode, I find it weak that Jarrod has a go at Joe when he did exactly the same to Sarah-Jane. Weak as…..Jarrod.

6 Rosie { 02.21.11 at 1:43 pm }

I only saw the very end of last night’s show, and sat there in a state of amazement that they would send Damien home. I mean…Damien? The nice guy who has the most to lose?
I can’t think of anyone else there that I care about even a little bit.
Except Commando…. Heh heh heh.

7 Littlepetal { 02.21.11 at 4:45 pm }

When you read Damien’s exit interview, he said that Michelle suggested that he should go because he wasn’t doing enough and that cheesed him off. Joe did offer to go but Damien decided to go since his trainer think he is not working hard enough. Gee, this will put Michelle in a bad light.

Looking forward to Wed fireworks !!!!

“So I went against my brother Joe, who wanted to go up, and said no, Michelle doesn’t want me on the team fine, I’ll go. I lost respect for my coach. Then when I got in the Elimination Hayley gave me a really hard time about it, saying your family should be in disgrace, but it was my decision, not my family’s.”

8 Littlepetal { 02.21.11 at 4:52 pm }

Sorry for the giggly goo. The last 2 paragraphs were from the Official Website.

9 davsimp { 02.21.11 at 8:16 pm }

Littlepetal, thanks for drawing attention to damien’s exit interview. This puts a whole new slant on things. He basically blames Michelle for telling him to go up for elimination. I would really like to hear her side of things. For those interested here is the link:

10 Christine { 02.22.11 at 12:29 am }

Any of you guys remember when the Trainers (Gillian and Bob) brought back Adro.. Who went on to win.
I can’t remember what happened but I know that Bob was livid that he had been voted out, he went and knocked on his door and asked hime to come back… ring any bells????
Just thinking I wonder if Michelle is game enough!!!!

11 brain dead dave { 02.22.11 at 4:22 pm }

They treated Damien like he was an animal…..a Triceratops.

Can’t wait to see the end of Jarrod. He makes me want to throw up.

12 davsimp { 02.25.11 at 11:07 am }

Littlepetal, can you have a read of that damien exit interview link again. I have gone back to re-read and it looks as though it has been severely edited since we last read it.

13 davsimp { 02.25.11 at 11:18 am }

Seriously they have edited his exit speech!! I sent a comment to the biggest loser blog about michelle having a lot to answer for. Not only didnt they publish my comment, but when I went to read the exit interview again, it had changed and a lot of things he had said originally had been deleted.

14 Christine { 02.25.11 at 11:38 am }

@davsimp. When you told us all to check out the exit interview of Damiens I did it right away, and looking at it again, it’s the same to me…so between you telling us and me looking they pretty quickly edited it, I wonder why???
I personally don’t beleive a word of it. I think when he realised they had been sprung, and Hayley giving him a hard time, he decided to take the wrap so that the Family wouldn’t look bad.
That’s why he says at the beginning of the interview ‘my version will be different to everyone else’s”, because he knows back at the camp Joe and Nathaniel are going to tell it like it is.

Just my opinion.. Does anyone else think the same?

15 davsimp { 02.25.11 at 12:32 pm }

Yeh, there’s some arse covering going on for sure. When the sympathy vote backfired he was probably clutching at straws to save face maybe. Thing is, I know the show is edited to only show us what they producers want us to see, and all I saw was Michelle being supportive and encouraging towards Damien the whole time. Which is why his original exit interview didnt make sense as to why Michelle would tell him to put himself up. Unless the sympathy vote was partly her idea also, but when it backfired they all had to come up with a different story. I dont know….

This is some of what Littlepetal copied in her above post. She copied and pasted it from the site:

“…as the team was concerned, and that really cheesed me off. So I said well, the trainer’s lost faith in me, my effort’s not enough, so I couldn’t be bothered with it, I’ll go,” Damien explains.

The first part of this speech isnt there anymore.

16 Annonymous { 02.26.11 at 12:25 am }

white & blue team are full of shit… saying how they dont want to see Damien but voted him off anyway.
red team is playing a game and that is thier strategy.
White & Blue team should vote who they think deserve to be in the house.