My Kitchen Rules – NSW Boys Show They Can Actually Cook

Have the NSW boys Bill and Alex become the new sex symbols of My Kitchen Rules.

Holly from WA was positively gushing about them or maybe it was the pilot uniforms they were wearing, because as she keeps on telling us she is well travelled. However Β the Β Tasmanian girls Β also sparked up. Even Manu Feildel has not managed to get them to be like that.

I wonder if there will be a first My Kitchen Rules romance about to happen.

I really like Bill and Alex but I thought their menu didn’t sound that appealing. Also I would like to know if the place where there restaurant was was actually theirs or one of their parents?

Entree was Drunken pears with goats cream, main was roast pheasant, and dessert was blueberry cheesecake with strawberry and mint leaves.

It looked like the evening was going to be a bit of a disaster with the filo cups for the entree being burnt twice.

The entree just did not look appetising, and I wondered if it was based on a greek type of dish. Anyway apparently it was tastier then the actual concept suggested.

“Not the best entree, but not the worst” said Manu as it was not what he was expecting.

Again this team decided to cook something they had never done before with the pheasant. This meant the confit of leg was over done and hence dry, however the flavours were still there and everyone ate it and gave it glowing reviews.

I laughed when Ash from Victoria had a swipe and was scathing about them not being able to confit the leg. Quite frankly I think it is a greater sin not being able to roast a bit of lamb.

They also liked Blueberry Cheesecake which I thought could have been thought of as a boring dessert.

The team scores were, Tas gave a 8, SA an 8, WA an 8, Qld an 8, Vic an 7 for a combined score of 39 out of 50.

Manu scored the entree, he loved the combination, gave it a 7, main an 8, dessert an 8.

Pete gave the entree an 8, main an 8, and dessert an 8.

For a grand total of 86 leaving everyone in their wake. I will be surprised if any other team this week can top that.

1 Littlepetal { 02.21.11 at 9:32 pm }

Those boys know their flavours. Can’t imagine baking a cheesecake without a recipe !!!! Just a bit of this and a bit of that. Good to have surprises. Wait till the girls from Team 1 meet the boys! Sparks may fly !!! Love is in the air……..

2 C J { 02.21.11 at 10:07 pm }

I agree that it is not their home. I also thought that about the tassie chicks. It just had too much of a B&B feel to it (the glass bookshelves were full of leather bound volumes) Either that or they had decorated it with furniture inherited from their grandparents? Has anyone else noticed that the table (seen before the tablecloth goes on) is the same table (or tables) in every house? Must be to guarantee camera angles etc.

I was impressed with the boys tonight and laughed at Esther saying she always thought if meat when she pictured the boys – great edit. The WA teenwoman daughter said she expected BBQ which made me think of the BBQ fiasco the ‘newly dating couple’ did last year – hasn’t the standard been raised in this series?

As for “I’m well travelled and eat out at the best restaurants and have never seen pheasant on an Australian menu” – unthinkable that is a classic up yourself moment from Holly. She managed to be degrading and self congratulatory and ignorant all at once.

Another good ep. My BFF and I continue discussing entering – we think a beach theme instant restaurant where Manu is made to wear
Boardies and nothing else ? Too obvious?

3 Kaylen { 02.21.11 at 11:46 pm }

Bill…. mmm. I’d like to see him served up for dinner. Yum.

Oh. *coughs* Hi. πŸ˜‰

Sorry, was a tad distracted during the episode. Was one of the better ones, which I admit was surprising. Overall, very enjoyable episode.

Not just for the food, too. The view was… exceptional.

mmm.

πŸ˜€

4 davsimp { 02.21.11 at 11:57 pm }

Okay, trying to remain impartial, BUT TOTALLY GUSHING HERE!!
I give the boys 11 out of 10, the extra point is for the pilot get up. Eat ya heart out John Travolta!

RR: “Have the NSW boys Bill and Alex become the new sex symbols of My Kitchen Rules”
why yes, RR, I believe that they have!

Christ on a bike, even Jarvis and catwoman aka urban hippies gave them an 8!
Confitting legs? Mint leaves? Meh, tis merely a flesh wound in THE GIANT ARSE THAT THEY JUST KICKED!!!

5 Reality Raver { 02.22.11 at 6:00 am }

Little Petal – Oh I had forgotten about the polish girls, Holly ain’t going to like the competition. Interesting the Polish girls are in their early 20’s but seem so much older than Holly.

C J – Enter, enter, enter. You would be doing the community a service if you got Manu in boardies on TV. Also cannot stop laughing about your comment about Holly.

Kaylen – Did you notice they didn’t need to show us quite as many shots of Manu and Pete this episode.

Davisimp – I get it you thought they were great. Obviously urban hippies were blown away as well. I think it helps that the guys have been amusing the table all week and have a high likeability factor, those small stuff ups were overlooked by the other teams.

6 ToniTones { 02.22.11 at 2:20 pm }

Go NSW boys – not just pretty faces πŸ˜€
As for whether or not their ‘restuarant’ was their place or not, I did notice that the pantry was very well stock, but then again, they did cook an unexpected menu.
I also noticed when the Victorian couple cooked, the kitchen they cooked in was not the same kitchen they shot their promo/stock shots in for the show. Maybe that’s why Ash had issues with his lamb?

7 PollyB { 02.22.11 at 3:57 pm }

Great result NSW boys, well done. There wasn’t much to ffwd last night, a good ep.

If they are using kitchens other than their own, no mercy for Ash from me.! Bill and Alex pulled it off.

8 brain dead dave { 02.22.11 at 4:11 pm }

I laughed a lot ,too ,when (tr)Ash cut crook about confitting a leg after the uncooked lamb craplets he served the other night.

The boys were great but one of them licked his fingers while prepping food last night. Always makes me sick even if George, Gary et al do it.

9 Wurstsemmel { 02.23.11 at 11:16 am }

I thought the boys looked like a hen night’s act. I kept waiting for them to get their gear off. Sounds like most readers here wouldn’t have minded one bit.

10 Colls Bolls { 02.23.11 at 1:53 pm }

I only saw the ads but thought they looked like prats in their pilot get up.