Park St – It Must Get Bitchy In Mag Hag Land

The first episode to the much awaited Park St, was really an introductory one of the cast and a little bit on how the magazine industry operates. It is fabulous PR for ACP and the five magazines featured.

What I did learn was you must have to be thin to work in magazines and fairly attractive. I would love a bit more time on the work place relations, because it must get pretty competitive and bitchy in that all girl environment.

Gemma Crisp the charismatic editor of Cleo said they had a big influence on women. I am presuming what they buy, hopefully not what they think.

Jessica the Cosmo editor said most people think the mag is just sex and relationship mag, but there is more to it then that apparently. However, she admitted the  sealed section was the most important part of the mag. It is ironic that Jessica looks so straight for such a raunch magazine.

Carolyn the creative designer I liked as she was so direct. However even though she gave us the drill on what she actually does, I still did not quite get it.

The two plot lines in tonight’s story were the Cleo swimsuit edition launch, and the late arrival of Jessica Mauboy at a photo shoot.

The Cleo launch was managed by “nearly a reality star” Roxy Jacenko. Her show was canned by Channel Seven after filming it, I am presuming because it was boring.

Whilst the Jessica Mauboy shoot got me wondering what exactly all those people did on one, as it looked like a cast of thousands.

I want to see more of the anal retentive Madison editor I reckon she could fire up and kick butt.

Also I think I went to ante-natal classes with Justine the editor of Shop ‘Til You Drop.

A good first episode, but I hope it amps up a bit in the next few weeks to retain viewers interest.

The Park on Arena TV at 9.30pm Wednesday nights.

1 Tweets that mention Park St – It Must Get Bitchy In Mag Hag Land | reality ravings -- Topsy.com { 02.24.11 at 12:11 am }

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by realityraver, travmatt. travmatt said: RT @realityraver: Blog Post: Park St – Mag Hag Land Must Get Awfully Bitchy http://bit.ly/dQJJGD @PARKSTTV […]

2 KC { 02.24.11 at 12:49 am }

I heard on the radio that the show is getting mixed reactions because its not bitchy enough. I wish I had Foxtel so I could see for myself

3 smauge { 02.24.11 at 7:45 am }

I’ve heard when women spend an extended period of time together their mensrual cycles sync together. Could you imaginf that time of the month at ACP??

4 Alex { 02.24.11 at 9:02 am }

No one ever believes us when we tell them we’re not bitchy. Working at Madison is like having a bunch of sisters. We crack it a bit when we’re stressed but we spend most of our time cracking up in hysterics, not fighting. Can’t remember the last time anyone had any sort of real biffo. Watch out for Carolyn Innis for the gloves-off stuff: you’ll get it there! Alex from Madison

5 Reality Raver { 02.24.11 at 11:14 am }

KC – I would like to see a bit more people to people interaction rather then to camera set pieces.

Smauge – LOL he could get pretty tense.

Alex – Thanks for the inside goss. Keep us posted, and looking forward to seeing more on Madison in the next couple of episodes.

6 MelbaToast { 02.24.11 at 11:43 am }

I haven’t watched this yet, but have it recorded. I’m looking forward to see a show like this about Australia mags…just for a change! I’m not thin or pretty, guess that’s why I don’t work at a magazine.

7 bella vita { 02.24.11 at 10:30 pm }

enjoyed it and have been a huge magazine buyer since my teens. some of the girls seem lovely and nothing like the days of horror stories with Nene King, etc
Would have loved to see it back in the day when Mia, Lisa, Paula, and more held the reigns

8 The Whole of Sydney { 02.25.11 at 7:09 am }

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL. Great ratings, it must be good to be a part of the WORST EVER debut for a TV show. 6000 viewers nationally tells you just how little ordinary people care about trash mags and the vapid skanks who work for them. Scripted reality crap like this is over; the general public are just not interested in orange-skinned fame-whores from the eastern suburbs of Sydney. Nor are we interested in the fashion industry and the vapid freaks who work in it. Arena, kill this turkey before it becomes too toxic.

9 smauge { 02.25.11 at 7:32 am }

Wow Whole – no mercy! Were you standing next to a guillotine when you wrote that?
Bella – what were the days of Nene King like? I have no knowledge of those days in mag world.

10 Reality Raver { 02.25.11 at 7:33 am }

Melba Toast – it is worth a look.

Bella Vita – They all seem so young in these full on jobs. What happens when you turn 35 in magazine land?

The Whole of Sydney – Gee 6000 is low considering all the publicity it has been getting. Maybe they need to get more into office politics rather then just showing how magazines are made.

11 smauge { 02.25.11 at 12:17 pm }

6,000 almost seems unbelievable. I don’t know much about how pay tv stations are run but in free to air if it gets under about 600,000 it’s deemed a turkey. That’s 100 times more that Park St got.

12 Paige { 03.06.11 at 10:41 am }

I believe those in the know have christened Creative Director Caroswine. It really isnt the halycon days of Ita launching Cleo, Lisa’s editorial letters and Mia’s cosmo anymore. More devil wears target than prada.